Important Announcement

See here for an important message regarding the community which will become a read-only site October 31.

Page 2 of 2  •  Prev 1 2
Switch to Forum Live View Why I love Christian Science
1 year ago  ::  Aug 29, 2014 - 1:05AM #11
Cls

Reading these testimonies has uplifted my thought spiritually and left a very comforting sense of warmth within my soul. I am thinking, who wouldn't want to honor these magnificent spiritual leaders who have paved the way for us,"The way showers." The aura about Mrs. Eddy was undeniably, truly inspired by God. I know that the one way to honor and love God and the Christ, is to keep the commandments, yet what better way to do so than with true heart filled adoration and gratefulness. II Cor 9:7 Every man according as he purposeth in his heart, so let him give; not grudgingly, or of necessity: for God loveth a cheerful giver. Psalms 112:1 Praise ye the Lord. Blessed is the man that fears the Lord, that delights greatly in his commandments. Fear; (reverential awe, especially toward God: Synonyms: awe, respect, reverence, veneration) Psalms 100:4 Enter into his gates with thanksgiving, and into his courts with praise: be thankful unto him, and bless his name.

Quick Reply
Cancel
9 months ago  ::  Dec 20, 2014 - 10:35AM #12
Courtenay

I love Christian Science because it not only teaches me about, but gives me day-to-day proof of, a God who is divine Love itself, who is absolutely universal, who is all-powerful and all-good, and who is always present and equally accessible to every single one of us. Christian Science has opened up the deepest meanings of the Bible for me. It has shown me that Christ Jesus' promises of healing, of salvation from all evil, and of eternal life are not a myth from the distant past or a hope for a future world, but are real and provable right here and now as we learn to follow him in all his ways.

Christian Science has turned my life around since I was introduced to it over 12 years ago. I don't think it would be going too far to say it has saved my life. It healed me of long-standing depression, loneliness, agnosticism and a sense of hopelessness, purposelessness and fear for the future. It continues to transform my life in so many ways, as I get to know and love God more and discover more of my true identity - and everyone's - as God's image and likeness. It is a daily discipline and a whole way of life, not always an easy one, but the rewards are worth it - far more than I can put into words.

For anyone who comes to this site and is unfamiliar with Christian Science, the best place to start is with its textbook, Science and Health with Key to the Scriptures, written by Mary Baker Eddy. This book opens up the spiritual meaning and message of the Bible and explains the divine law of Christ that Jesus embodied and illustrated for us all. I truly feel I can never be grateful enough for all that this wonderful teaching and revelation has done for me!

Let all that I am praise the Lord;
    with my whole heart, I will praise his holy name.
Let all that I am praise the Lord;
    may I never forget the good things he does for me.
He forgives all my sins
    and heals all my diseases.
He redeems me from death
    and crowns me with love and tender mercies.
He fills my life with good things.
    My youth is renewed like the eagle’s!...

Praise the Lord, everything he has created,
    everything in all his kingdom.

Let all that I am praise the Lord.

(Holy Bible, Psalm 103:1-5, 22 - New Living Translation)

Man and woman as coexistent and eternal with God forever reflect, in glorified quality, the infinite Father-Mother God.

(Mary Baker Eddy, Science and Health with Key to the Scriptures, p. 516)

Quick Reply
Cancel
9 months ago  ::  Jan 08, 2015 - 7:27AM #13
EriksAngel15
I've been studying CS for a couple of years now. I was raised Lutheran and am finding so many wonderful things about CS. I find it to be something that is very soothing and comforting to me on a spiritual level - almost like a spiritual "body lotion"! It is wonderful to remind myself throughout the day that God, Love, has my back and will never leave me.
Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 2 of 2  •  Prev 1 2

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook