Switch to Forum Live View Why I love Christian Science
6 years ago  ::  Mar 02, 2008 - 5:21AM #1
cruise01
Hi. I'm totally new to this forum but thought I'd like to share why I love Christian Science. To me it teaches about a God I can get - unconditional Love, a God that doesn't punish, a God that is Love, a God that wants the very best for me and doesn't create disease, problems or hassles etc. I was adopted when I was young and Christian Science helped me to deal with that. It's also healed me of eating disorders, sexual abuse and many other physical and spiritual challenges.

I looked into lots of other different paths along my journey but this one really does it for me. I find the study and practice of Christian Science so amazing - an awesome adventure of getting to really know and understand Love, God. I find it makes sense. I could never believe in a God that punishes or that does "bad" stuff - I used to always think "What would be the point of worshipping a God that did that?". I wouldn't bother.

I also love that I can practice daily what I learn in Christian Science and see the wonderful transforming effects it has on my life and on other's lives. Well, thanks for sharing this time with me and I hope to hear from you soon.

Cruise01 (because I feel like my life is on "cruise control" at the moment)
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Mar 09, 2008 - 6:07PM #2
seaotter2
Thanks Cruise for sharing your thoughts!  I love Christian Science because it helps me understand the Bible, know God better, and helps me listen to and obey God.  Since, as you've pointed out, God loves us I want to know this God and follow God's plans for me.  When I get discouraged about something or don't feel well or whatever, I talk to God about it and there's always an answer.  God's good government is what's really going on!
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Apr 08, 2008 - 9:05AM #3
BigRaff
am not a member of a Christian Science church, but I study it a lot. I have read Science and Health effectively four times, and read and studied numerous Lesson Sermons and articles. I have also attended a couple of lectures

I like it because it does not compromise Principle. It does not say sometimes God heals and sometimes He doesn't. I like the idea of a God who is infinite Good and ever- present. There is one God, who is Life, Truth and Love forever active and expressing Himself in His ideas. I like the idea that I and eveyone else are one of those ideas.

Dennis R.
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Jun 22, 2008 - 7:05AM #4
palmelin
Hi! I am not a member of a CS church, but I have read some of Science and Heatlh and testimonies of healings in various CS publications. Just reading other peoples testimonies of healing brings me comfort and peace. Has anyone else experienced this?
Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Nov 30, 2008 - 10:30PM #5
THSWarrior
[QUOTE=palmelin;579254]Hi! I am not a member of a CS church, but I have read some of Science and Heatlh and testimonies of healings in various CS publications. Just reading other peoples testimonies of healing brings me comfort and peace. Has anyone else experienced this?[/QUOTE]
Yes, Palmelin; many others have experienced what you are. Christ Jesus explained why this miracle happens; He said something like this: "Whenever two or more believers gather together in My name, I shall be there with them."  When you read another's  testimonial it is essentially the same thing as when "two or more believers gather together" is it not?
Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Sep 02, 2009 - 11:37PM #6
johnmuirelcid

I'm not a Christian Scientist officially, but I really like what CS does.  I like to be inclusive in my practice, and officially am a Unitarian Universalist.  Nevertheless, CS's absolute understanding of God as Divine Love, Truth, Life, etc. based on Christ's teachings, and the power of that affirmation I also find extremely helpful.

The usefulness of such loving clarity I find raises the perceptions I have cultivated previously through Buddhism, Taoism, and New Age Metaphysics like Louise Hay.  As I pursue

activism in service of economic justice, I have also been lead to my significant other and to deeper study of the gospel itself to understand the breadth of Jesus' teachings.  These are often ignored in many Christian, and modern views.  Greenpeace, Oxfam, Friends of the Earth, and Human Rights Watch, for example, are examples of front-line justice that I find illumined as I include CS practice. 

A most enlightening experience happened once when I encountered some Jehovah's Witnesses.  While they don't like to touch political activity, I was able to communicate my perception that Greenpeace represents people working to bring about the Kingdom of God on Earth, as they see it.  I think in CS terms I might express it as the harmony I experience in perceiving God's total power of love and support continuing to justify my understanding of Greenpeace, and my ability to listen and communicate in terms which others can understand in their own idiom. 

The plurality of democracy also harmonizes with my understanding of the God that Jesus taught, who I also like to refer to as the Divine Spirit Source God.  Mary Baker Eddy's not the only one who can perceive qualities like Divine Intelligence, after all!

God bless you, and so it is as you choose to affirm.

Quick Reply
Cancel

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook