Important Announcement

See here for an important message regarding the community which has become a read-only site as of October 31.

Switch to Forum Live View The Catholic Retreat House
9 years ago  ::  Dec 20, 2008 - 1:07PM #1
robertaf
I have been away from Beliefnet for quite awhile.  Many things have changed here.

A small group of us started Catholic Retreat House as a place where we could get away from the Catholic Debate forum and fellowship.  It had nothing whatsoever to do with Liberal or Progressive Catholics.  It was exactly what the name of the forum implies.  A Retreat.

It was also one of the busiest Catholic forums next only to Catholic Debate.

Could someone fill me in on how it became  the thread it is and where everyone has gone?
Quick Reply
Cancel
9 years ago  ::  Dec 21, 2008 - 6:06AM #2
Mysty101
Hi Berta,

It seems the Ave Maria Cafe is the busiest of these Catholic forums. I'm not sure where everybody went--no forwarding addresses ;)

I stay pretty much to my prayers in the Cloisters---safer that way.

Nice to see you.

SuZ
Quick Reply
Cancel
9 years ago  ::  Dec 21, 2008 - 3:19PM #3
robertaf
I can see that what you say is true.

However, I am curious to know why The Catholic Retreat House is no longer a Retreat House as it was originally set up to be. 
Back in the beginning there was always a crowd here.  Frieds coming in for nothing but fellowship.

It seems that Catholics have abandoned Beliefnet.  I can't say too much because I left myself. 
I never took my name off the members list because I never intended to leave altogether.  I just needed to have a break from here.
Quick Reply
Cancel

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook