Page 1 of 2  •  1 2 Next
Switch to Forum Live View Bible Student Movement
7 years ago  ::  Feb 22, 2008 - 5:03PM #1
BibleStudent
This is by no means an exahaustive statement of beliefs for all Bible Students, yet, in general all hold to at least this much. 1) The Heavenly Father is Almighty God. 2) Jesus Christ is His only-begotten Son 3) The holy Spirit is God's mean's of fulfilling all His promises 3) The Church are those called from mankind to be the "Bride of Christ". 4) The world will recieve blessing and oppurtunity during the Lord's Second Advent ruling the earth. This allows for freedom of thought and expression as Christianity was meant to be. The basic question one should ask is this, "Do I believe that Jesus Christ is the "Son of God", and that He died for my sins, as well as the world's? Genuine faith in God's Son, and His role in His Father's Plan is elementary to being a Christian.  All are accountable to the degree of  "light and knowledge" of God's Truth they possess, it's between them, and the LORD, and not any denomination, church, or organization.
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Mar 15, 2008 - 4:22PM #2
Theses95
I like your spirit but there is something important that is missing from your post.  In order to experience salvation one must see the depth of his/her fallenness and depravity.  Grace can only be meaningful when one gains an understanding that they are hopelessly lost and have no solution on their own.  All humans are broken and CANNOT be fixed!  This is a fundamental truth.  We can only be redeemed in our broken state by a God who was willing to bestow Grace upon the world. We cannot be fixed.  We can only be redeemed.  Redemption is only possible when one comes face to face with the trauma of their fallenness and their utter inability to redeem themselves.  It is the trauma of ones sin that makes them ripe for redemption.  Simply repeating a prayer uttered by some well meaning pastor does not lead to redemption.  The anguish of the soul and a broken spirit are the seeds of redemption.  Reciting a prayer is simply a ritual that can make one feel better.  Read the parable of the sinner and the pharasee.  The sinner tore his clothes and fell down and cried out to god, "God be merciful to me a sinner."  Without the spirit of the sinner in the parable, salvation and redemption is not possible.
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Mar 30, 2008 - 11:30AM #3
Corrigan37

Theses95 wrote:

I like your spirit but there is something important that is missing from your post. In order to experience salvation one must see the depth of his/her fallenness and depravity. Grace can only be meaningful when one gains an understanding that they are hopelessly lost and have no solution on their own. All humans are broken and CANNOT be fixed! This is a fundamental truth. We can only be redeemed in our broken state by a God who was willing to bestow Grace upon the world. We cannot be fixed. We can only be redeemed. Redemption is only possible when one comes face to face with the trauma of their fallenness and their utter inability to redeem themselves. It is the trauma of ones sin that makes them ripe for redemption. Simply repeating a prayer uttered by some well meaning pastor does not lead to redemption. The anguish of the soul and a broken spirit are the seeds of redemption. Reciting a prayer is simply a ritual that can make one feel better. Read the parable of the sinner and the pharasee. The sinner tore his clothes and fell down and cried out to god, "God be merciful to me a sinner." Without the spirit of the sinner in the parable, salvation and redemption is not possible.

gosh this post makes me want to vomit..

What a liar you are..

[QUOTE]Without the spirit of the sinner in the parable, salvation and redemption is not possible. [/QUOTE]

Maybe you need to read the bible where it says we are saved through faith in Jesus Christ not because we beat ourselves up enough..
Now you've based salvation on the emotional state of yourself..
Not everyone rent their clothes yet all were saved..

When i read the bible i couldn't get anough of it.. As i read i learned and learned about all i had done wrong and yes i felt bad about it but i was enouraged and happy to find out everything else i had done wrong..or was doing wrong..
I believe God honored that.. Not because i tore my clothes or because i felt compelled to beat myself up..

Some showed emotionalism and some didn't..
salvation is not based on how much emotionalism you've shown.. But what you keep in your heart..

I didn't repeat a simple prayer.. I didn't pray at all when i got saved..
That's all salvation is..
It's reading or hearing and believing..
Simple enough..

So don't tell people in order  to earn salvation you have to be like me..
Salvation is a gift from God.. Nothing that can be earned.. Only believe and you will be saved.

I am so intolerant of people who make salvation seem so difficult..
They cast so many beliefs on themselves that your stuck in your own bondage..And no wonder christianty is mocked so much because the general population of Christians have made themselves difficult self serving false teaching "flakes"..

~Carrie~
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Mar 30, 2008 - 12:51PM #4
Corrigan37
correcting a typo..

[QUOTE]When i read the bible i couldn't get anough of it.. [/QUOTE]

enough
~Carrie~
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Apr 21, 2008 - 3:16PM #5
tralon08
Surprizeingly, I am not a JW but an observer and in  partial agreement with the Jehovah Witnesses on many issues. I have been to many churches in my 30 years and have studied many church beliefs, church history and the bible as well. So why do I believe the Jehovah Witnesses are the one true faith of Jehovah God?

1.They are united and disciplined from within. Protestant denominations are so divided and new ones pop up every week. There is no unity in beliefs in Protestantism. Also I like the discipline part of the Society. If you agree to be a JW then you should conform to the society's teachings and guidance or leave. There is no room for rebellion and that's the way it should be, if order and unity is to be practiced. I see on Youtube.com videos of apostate JWs who ridicule the Watchtower and the Jehovah Witnesses. These are the people who did not want to conform to the Society and so are rebellious and speak evil. I did not mention the Catholic movement because there religion is so full of false teachings it would take several pages to explain this, so I'll leave that alone.

2. God cannot be a trinity, because God is simply monotheistic or a single deity. You can ask any orthodox Jew who knows the torah and he will plainly tell you this. The scriptures plainly tell us the Lord God is is ONE Jehovah. One does not equal three. It is interesting that the early church after the apostles believed that the Father was UNbegotten, while the Son was begotten and the Holy Spirit was the power of God. bur after the third century reign of Constantine and Athanatius this all changed by civil order.

3. Also the bible teaches man is not naturally immortal, but mortal and waits in the grave til his change comes.So says Job. Somehow over the centuries Hades, Gehenna and Tartaroo got changed into another word called hell which now means an ever burning inferno, which NEVER conveyed that thought. How do these things happen, one wonders?
4. I ask you, just who is knocking on doors telling people about Christ's coming kingdom and man's need to be ready for this change. The Protestant denominations? No.The Catholics? No.Only the Jehovah's Witnesses. So who is really preaching the gospel here?
5.Lastly, do Protestants and Catholics as a whole live their faith, Or is it a once a week thing on Sunday morning and the rest of the week is business as usual? You tell me. JWs really live their faith everyday. By their fruits you shall know them.
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Jun 13, 2008 - 8:45PM #6
RR144
Hi Tralon, you say you are in partial agreement with the teachings of Jehovah's Witnesses, why my friend, that is one strike against you. You see, the Witnesses expect 100% comformity to what thir governing body teaches. Should you disagree with them in ANYTHING, that is grounds for disfellowshipment. Any deviations from their teachings should be kepot to yourself and not openly discussed. Witnesses are taught to turn anyone in who disagrees with the Watchtower Society. So before you join, I suggest you read George Orwell's "1984", because that's what you heading into.

As to door to door ministry. I live in my current home for 10 years, I've been visited by Mormons, 7th Day Adventist and the local Baptist church, NEVER had a Witness knock, and there's a Hall around the block.

Consider also that news the Witnesses being to your door is only "good" if you accept it, should you reject it, it's bad news. So if ignorance is bliss, then there are messengers of doom, rather than of salvation.

RR
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Nov 09, 2008 - 8:52PM #7
ablebodiedman
[QUOTE=RR144;561936]Hi Tralon, you say you are in partial agreement with the teachings of Jehovah's Witnesses, why my friend, that is one strike against you. You see, the Witnesses expect 100% comformity to what thir governing body teaches. Should you disagree with them in ANYTHING, that is grounds for disfellowshipment. Any deviations from their teachings should be kepot to yourself and not openly discussed. Witnesses are taught to turn anyone in who disagrees with the Watchtower Society. So before you join, I suggest you read George Orwell's "1984", because that's what you heading into.

As to door to door ministry. I live in my current home for 10 years, I've been visited by Mormons, 7th Day Adventist and the local Baptist church, NEVER had a Witness knock, and there's a Hall around the block.

Consider also that news the Witnesses being to your door is only "good" if you accept it, should you reject it, it's bad news. So if ignorance is bliss, then there are messengers of doom, rather than of salvation.

RR[/QUOTE]

Do you partially agree with this:

http://www.scribd.com/doc/7597340/Jehov … s-Knocking

Scares the   #$@#%%$//&  out of me!
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Mar 01, 2009 - 11:14AM #8
lori-dee-3

Tralon, I will be praying for you ... That you will find the right path before it is too late. A JW came to my door once asked my belief, I told them lutheran, they said they just received a lutheran into membership with them; I told them that I woud pray for both him and them to see the light. They haven't been back since.

Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Mar 15, 2010 - 4:46PM #9
Sisterintruth

I'm a bible student, but not a Jehovah's Witness. I do not agree that they are the only truth. I however went from associating with the witnesses (nevr baptised w/ them) to the

original bible students before theybecame Jw's which are now either International /dawn/chicago bible students.

I also believe you can be a "bible student" w/o belonging to any named above.As long as you follow the bible & not a churches standered, this is where a lot of denominations do not agree.

Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Aug 17, 2010 - 11:38AM #10
Sisterintruth

been with the biblestudents about a year now & going well.I couldn't be happier! Due to my health situation I am glad that they have teleconference if a meeting is too far away. Godbless.

Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 1 of 2  •  1 2 Next

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook