Important Announcement

See here for an important message regarding the community which has become a read-only site as of October 31.

Page 2 of 2  •  Prev 1 2
Switch to Forum Live View Bible Student Movement
7 years ago  ::  Jan 02, 2011 - 1:19PM #11
Sisterintruth

Well guess this forum is inactive. however an update since last posting. At one of the biblestudent conventions this past October I got baptised.  am thankful God showed me the truth for my family.I can't answer for other families but my own. My husband is slowly reading the volume in the scripture series. I am happy with the brethern I have found.

Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Aug 30, 2011 - 8:15PM #12
older

Salvation depends on understanding that  since Adam and Eve and their descendants who chose to follow Satan, all the nations are ruled by Satan as their God. They do not use the name of God  so that you will not know  it. Jehovah allowed Satan to rule for a specified  allowed time  of the nations. It is also called the Gentile  times. It tells in the bible about the time of the Gentile nations. It is stated in Weeks of years in Daniel.  Now as Jesus and the Apostles baptized people it says IN The Bible that they were taken OUT of the nations. And  when Jesus announced in Mth. ch. 28 that he had received authrority then they bowed to him as their king.  It also says in 1st Peter 2: 9 and 10 , you are a new nation. So true Christians are  taken out of the nations and into a new nation that has Jesus as king.  If you stay in the nations you are guilty of what they promote and do.  Jesus told all his followers to be peaceable. He also said My followers are no part of the world.  So  are you remaining as an accomplice to what the nations  do and promote?

Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Aug 30, 2011 - 8:49PM #13
older

You may not agree but look carefully at the statement Jesus  made, "They persecuted me and they will also persecute you.

and  "You will be hated by ll the nations. So are you on the side  of thos persecuting the true followers of Jesus?

Now look at Daniel ch. 2 where it says all the nations will fall, and the  Good news of the kingdom will be taken to all the inhabited earth. Math. 24: 14  

The literture of JWs is printed in about 500 languages. So it is going to all the inhabited earth. So what are the other denominations doing? Are they teaching the good news? or do they let you be an  accomplice in promoting what the nations  promote and do?

Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Aug 30, 2011 - 10:47PM #14
older

Loni dee, does your religion go to  the most distant parts of the earth? JWs do. And they are taking the good news of Jehovahs kingdom to all the nations.  They now have literature printed in over 500 languages to do this . They too obey Jesus as their king. Jesus  was   in Rev. appointed king over the entire earth but of course there are many rebellions places as yet.  Did you read Eph. ch. 1? It says at the full limit of the appointed times( the Gentile allowed times to be rulers)  the God of heaven( Jehovah) will set up his kingdom.... Well the Gentile times ended in 1914. And in heaven  the son of man approached the Ancient of days and he was given his right to rule. Dan. ch. 7  ... And what did Jesus do when he was given the right to rule the world? He kicked Satan off his throne as ruler of the nations. And he was very angry. So  in 1914 the  problems for the earth began as never before. When WW 1 began the nations did not obey Jesus  who said to his followers to be peaceaaable. They did what Satan wanted  to destroy the earth and the peoples as much as possible because he knows his time is short. Well the Lutherans helped Satan to destroy the earth. JWs did not. And they took thousands OUT of the  nations to be obedient to Jesus as their king.

Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Aug 30, 2011 - 10:54PM #15
older

Jun 13, 2008 -- 8:45PM, RR144 wrote:

Hi Tralon, you say you are in partial agreement with the teachings of Jehovah's Witnesses, why my friend, that is one strike against you. You see, the Witnesses expect 100% comformity to what thir governing body teaches. Should you disagree with them in ANYTHING, that is grounds for disfellowshipment. Any deviations from their teachings should be kepot to yourself and not openly discussed. Witnesses are taught to turn anyone in who disagrees with the Watchtower Society. So before you join, I suggest you read George Orwell's "1984", because that's what you heading into. As to door to door ministry. I live in my current home for 10 years, I've been visited by Mormons, 7th Day Adventist and the local Baptist church, NEVER had a Witness knock, and there's a Hall around the block. Consider also that news the Witnesses being to your door is only "good" if you accept it, should you reject it, it's bad news. So if ignorance is bliss, then there are messengers of doom, rather than of salvation. RR

Well what she really means is that she does not yet have the full understanding. She is not causing  a disturbance in the beleivers. Perhaps George did. We dont worry about what the GB says for they always show it from the scriptures.

Lets remember that even Jesus had  those who went out from among  his true followers.  JWs have the truth, and the GB follows Jesus' teachings all the way.

Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Aug 30, 2011 - 11:12PM #16
older

At Os.     83: 18 Jehovah is the Most High. So some of you are thinking the translation you use is very correct. Well the tranlators did not follow their own  pattern for they put an  " a " in front of many other words having the same  action. So it shoud say, Jesus is a god.  All the angels are gods  and so is Satan.

Jesus told in a command to his disciples to teach all that he had taught them... well at Jn 14: 28 he said My Father is greater than I am.. JWs teach what Jesus said to tecah.  But you who follow Constantine  are the cults.Constantine did not want Jesus to be a king and to be obeyed so he made him into God. To the pagan Constantine  who was head of paganism all his life , one did not have to obey a god, but  a king  is to be obeyed.  So Constantine  was Jealous. He also was never a Christian. He said he was. Not so. Was he peaceable as Jesus  told or commanded? No he  formed an army to kill and conquer the very people Jesus said to go and teach.  And inthe year 321 he  executed the  true christians who had the codex forms of the bible. They very carefully copied and  if a mistake was made they destroyed the whole page.  But he claimed it was done to make them conform... His concorminty was to make himself more powerful . The true christians were resucuing the children the  worshippes of the sun God placed on altars to die for the Sun God. They adopted them and  they became Christians . Well that made more christians  so he pretended it was  because he was now a Christain that  child sacrifice was to be stopped.  He wore his pagan robes of head of paganism all his life.

Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 2 of 2  •  Prev 1 2

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook