Important Announcement

See here for an important message regarding the community which has become a read-only site as of October 31.

Page 1 of 2  •  1 2 Next
9 years ago  ::  Dec 12, 2008 - 2:23PM #1
Mistah
I've only been here for a few days but i'm starting to believe that people are scared to communicate with us?...:confused:
Quick Reply
Cancel
9 years ago  ::  Dec 12, 2008 - 4:54PM #2
imsavedru
Hey Mistah -

Guess I could say the same thing about other boards.  I have posted several things at the Assemblies of God and Baptist Boards and they are quiet too.  Some people either dont want to voice their opinion or dont want to be the only one with a "certain" opinion.  I shoot from the hip.  I am not concerned if people agree with me or not.  I like to challenge others and BE challenged.  That's part of maturing as a Christian, yes?

BTW, the reason I post on these three boards - AOG, Baptist and COC is because I spent 18 years in the COC, my husband is a Baptist preacher (although I am not Baptist (hush), and I also like to hear a more charismatic view as well.

Variety ! LOL
Quick Reply
Cancel
9 years ago  ::  Dec 12, 2008 - 4:54PM #3
imsavedru
Hey Mistah -

Guess I could say the same thing about other boards.  I have posted several things at the Assemblies of God and Baptist Boards and they are quiet too.  Some people either dont want to voice their opinion or dont want to be the only one with a "certain" opinion.  I shoot from the hip.  I am not concerned if people agree with me or not.  I like to challenge others and BE challenged.  That's part of maturing as a Christian, yes?

BTW, the reason I post on these three boards - AOG, Baptist and COC is because I spent 18 years in the COC, my husband is a Baptist preacher (although I am not Baptist (hush), and I also like to hear a more charismatic view as well.

Variety ! LOL
Quick Reply
Cancel
9 years ago  ::  Dec 13, 2008 - 3:08AM #4
Mistah
Yes ...i agree with you about challenging and being challenged...A lot of people think that we start trouble by engaging in those activities but we arent. As you said "We are trying to mature ourselves and others by searching for the truth".

C.O.C. is the only place i know that actually are running to people instead of running from them. I like the security of being somewhere where theres always an answer (without the need of any outside source,just the bible). You leave service knowing that you've learned something.

As far as you're situation...are you c.o.c. or a.o.g. now??..if not c.o.c. why did u leave??...and how is your marriage working out with the two different beliefs(if i worded that wrong forgive me,but you know what i mean)??
Quick Reply
Cancel
9 years ago  ::  Dec 21, 2008 - 12:20AM #5
imsavedru
Mistah -

I appreciate the COC for grounding me in scripture and teaching me that "going to the bible for answers" is the only book you need. I learned to love the Word of God  - a habit I learned from my COC beginnings. For that I am forever grateful.  I have not left -per say.  I dont attend anymore because although the saying, "speak where the bible speaks and keep silent where the bible is silent" wasnt true in some instances.

Some things not discussed but really need to be:

The 1,000 year reign

The Tribulation

The TWO judgements
1-  The Judgement Seat of Christ (Bema Judgement) for Christians
2-The Great White Throne Judgement  (for the unsaved)

The AntiChrist (the person) versus the antichrist (those who are against christ)

I love the COC for everything that is does as a body - but I found that not everything is preached on and that leaves me thinking...... not the WHOLE truth is given.

Evangelism, Baptism, Lords Supper, etc is spoken of in great measure and living for Chirst is emphasized - truly wonderful.But what about  the areas of HOPE like the church body being with Christ before the Tribulation hits - that Christians will not experience that horrible time but are protected from it by being "caught up" or raptured before that time.

Things like that, brother.
Quick Reply
Cancel
9 years ago  ::  Dec 22, 2008 - 2:26PM #6
Mistah
It is a shame that you would leave without getting your questions answered...My C.O.C. has covered these things...with these being big convos we can cover these one at a time if you'd like...

(1st)THE THOUSAND YEAR REIGN ON EARTH....
Most of revelation is symbolic and not literal...the kingdom is here but it is spiritual.
You have to ask yourself...has Christ Established his kingdom or not?? The scriptures says he has...theye also call the kingdom his church interchangeably.

((Matthew 16:18-19)) Jesus said, "18 And I say also unto thee, That thou art Peter, and upon this rock I will build my church; and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it. 19 And I will give unto thee the keys of the kingdom of heaven: and whatsoever thou shalt bind on earth shall be bound in heaven: and whatsoever thou shalt loose on earth shall be loosed in heaven."

Being saved adds you to the kingdom
((Col1:13))Who hath delivered us from the power of darkness, and hath translated us into the kingdom of his dear Son:

((Mark 1:14-15))
14Now after that John was put in prison, Jesus came into Galilee, preaching the gospel of the kingdom of God,
15And saying, The time is fulfilled, and the kingdom of God is at hand: repent ye, and believe the gospel.

Jesus preached and told people that they wouldnt die before his kingdom came...either its not already here and hes not king yet and theres people walking around over 2000 years old..or the kingdom is here and jesus is king...

27But I tell you of a truth, there be some standing here, which shall not taste of death, till they see the kingdom of God.

If you need more...we can go further when i get back...

I gotta run...
Quick Reply
Cancel
9 years ago  ::  Feb 12, 2009 - 3:04PM #7
kimberly d
Hey Mistah!!! I'm not scared to talk,  what do you want to talk about?  Bring up a subject.  I am a oneness pentecostal,  do you have any questions you would like to ask?  God bless,

Kim
Quick Reply
Cancel
9 years ago  ::  Feb 15, 2009 - 7:16PM #8
Campbellite

kimberly d wrote:

do you have any questions you would like to ask?

Do you have all the answers?

You are unique.
Just like everybody else.
Quick Reply
Cancel
9 years ago  ::  Feb 15, 2009 - 7:57PM #9
kimberly d
No, I don't, but it sure seems like the c.o.c does.

God bless
Quick Reply
Cancel
9 years ago  ::  Feb 16, 2009 - 12:25AM #10
Wayne D
No one has all the answers.  We are left with God's word, and his Spirit to try to help us properly divide it.  While I certainly do not believe that the Lord has to reveal the word to us, (I believe that anyone can read and understand it) we utilize logic and context to the best of our abilities to decipher it.  It is certainly not an exact science. 

God bless-
Wayne
Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 1 of 2  •  1 2 Next

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook