Important Announcement

See here for an important message regarding the community which has become a read-only site as of October 31.

Page 6 of 6  •  Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6
10 years ago  ::  Feb 22, 2008 - 10:09AM #51
Shaner

wmdkitty wrote:

With all due respect, I bid you all farewell, and best of luck on your respective Paths.

Blessed Be

**HUGS to all**

The very same to you, wmdkitty,

In the peace of Christ,
{{Hugs}} Sandy

"Lord, to whom shall we go?  You have the Words of Eternal Life"
"Philippians 4:13. "I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me."
Quick Reply
Cancel
10 years ago  ::  Feb 23, 2008 - 1:32AM #52
Wmdkitty
And now for some unbearable cuteness to make you all smile.

"The real reason that we can't have the Ten Commandments in a courthouse: You cannot post "Thou shalt not steal", Thou shalt not commit adultery" and "Thou shalt not lie" in a building full of lawyers, judges and politicians. It creates a hostile work environment." -- George Carlin
Quick Reply
Cancel
10 years ago  ::  Feb 23, 2008 - 6:14AM #53
Mysty101
....and it did:D

Thanks!
Quick Reply
Cancel
10 years ago  ::  Feb 23, 2008 - 8:17AM #54
Shaner
yep, it certainly worked!!  :):)

Sandy
"Lord, to whom shall we go?  You have the Words of Eternal Life"
"Philippians 4:13. "I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me."
Quick Reply
Cancel
9 years ago  ::  Jun 18, 2008 - 3:57PM #55
Bob_Bennett
Dear Shaner,

Eve is said to be the mother of all of the living in Genesis.   And, in the Edgar Cayce readings, it says that Mary, the mother of Jesus is also the reincarnation of Eve.    So, the proposed dogmas would be correct.
Quick Reply
Cancel
9 years ago  ::  Jun 18, 2008 - 6:55PM #56
rjak134
[QUOTE=Bob_Bennett;571316]Dear Shaner,

Eve is said to be the mother of all of the living in Genesis.   And, in the Edgar Cayce readings, it says that Mary, the mother of Jesus is also the reincarnation of Eve.    So, the proposed dogmas would be correct.[/QUOTE]

I think I'll trust 2,000 years of consistent, unwavering teaching through the Catholic Church rather than the musings of one so-called psychic fellow.  There is no such thing as "reincarnation," only the Resurrection at the end of days.
Quick Reply
Cancel
9 years ago  ::  Aug 12, 2008 - 9:02PM #57
littleonebeforethethrone
I'm a new Catholic and new to these boards too. If it would be contentious then it shouldn't be defined and I'm sure Our Blessed Lady would not mind at all either way. My understanding of the term co-redemptrix is not to say that Mary is a co-redeemer but just as we all share in the saving work of Our Lord, so she did in a unique and powerful way. That was also how I read that, as hopefully clarifying this issue which no doubt has extremes on both ends of viewing her ahead of Jesus on one extreme or as just another woman on the other, when plainly there is something special about this woman Our Lord chose to bear His Son..

Anyway that's my thoughts, and they are spoken in my admitted ignorance of the politics involved. I trust our leaders to make the right choice but personally it wouldn't bother me at all to see that adopted. Even when I was a Protestant I often thought for example that when Our Lord said those who believe are my mother and brothers that Mary certainly believed in Him too and is in this sense His mother all over and ... more in a more powerful way than me, for one. I don't know that I could have done all that she did with the humility and abandon she displayed.

And really that's enough, title or not. :) I definitely hear you on that, that she wouldn't mind either way. In fact she no doubt wants whichever will help *us* most. I'm sure of it. She's like that.

It's cool though to read people's thoughts. I had heard there was some new dogma being proposed and wondered what it was. Interesting! Thanks for sharing.

God bless!
Quick Reply
Cancel
10 years ago  ::  Feb 16, 2008 - 8:56PM #58
friendofsaints&angels
I do love Mary very much and pray the Rosary often. I believe that Mary is very powerful and has become more powerful in Heaven for what she did hear on earth. one of Gods commandments is to honor your mother and father, and I do consider Mary to be my heavenly Mother. Jesus said that we can call Him Brother, if we choose to love Him and follow His ways, so that would make Mary our Mother. I also believe that when Jesus was dying on the cross for us, He gave His Mother to us. saying all of that, I still do not say the Hail Holy Queen when I am finished saying the Rosary, and also am uneasy about praying the Total Consecration To The Immaculate Heart Of Mary. all high praise, glory and honor should and does go to our Father in Heaven- God. Father John Corapi explains our relationship with Mary very well. we don't worship Mary, She is our Spiritual broker. She takes our prayers and brings them to Her Son Jesus. She intercedes on our behalf. also when we pray the Rosary, we are praying Sacred Scripture, praying Our Fathers, praying Glory Be's, and the Fatima Decade Prayer to Jesus. the Rosary is a very powerful weapon against evil, and I believe that every time we pray it, we are taking part in miracles wether we know it or not. Mary had to watch Her Son be tortured and put to death, and I'm sure Her rewards in Heaven, for all that She did hear are very great. I don't think that Mary wants us to fall down and worship Her in adoration, but I do adore her and I know that She always intercedes on our behalf. does that make any sence?
Quick Reply
Cancel
10 years ago  ::  Feb 17, 2008 - 8:41AM #59
friendofsaints&angels
Hey Misty, thanks and I understand. I was discussing this with my wife lastnight and we both agreed that there is nothing wrong with the Hail Holy Queen, and I will  start saying that again at the end of the Rosary. just a little sidebar to what happened after I typed this message lastnight. I turned on EWTN and had it on quietly in the background as I prayed. I was telling God  that I was confused, and that I love Mary and want to honor her, but at the same time I don't want to offend Him. I asked Him how I should feel about this. at the exact time I was asking Him this, they began to pray the Rosary on EWTN. I asked, God answered. Mary is very powerful indeed. P.S. Hey Brother John, thanks for the kind words, thats a very beautifal thing. Father John Corapi also comes on daily on a radio station called relevant radio. I don't know if you are in their listening area, but you could go to their website and find out. if your not in their listening area, you can still listen on line.
www.relevantradio.com
Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 6 of 6  •  Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook