7 years ago  ::  Feb 14, 2008 - 9:19AM #1
Shaner
Hello all,

I read that there are some Cardinals who desire a 5th Marian Dogma to be instituted by the Church.

You can read about it here:  [url] http://www.zenit.org/article-21749?l=english[/url]

I love Our Blessed Mother, but I just can't agree with some of what's posited here,

And you?

Peace,
Sandy
"Lord, to whom shall we go?  You have the Words of Eternal Life"
"Philippians 4:13. "I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me."
Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Dec 18, 2009 - 6:56PM #2
Bob_Bennett

It sounds right to me, especially having read Edgar Cayce with his claim that Mary is the reincarnation of Eve, and Jesus being the reincarnation of Adam.    Hence, Jesus' use of the title "son of man" with in the original is "son of Adam".

Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Mar 13, 2010 - 10:10PM #3
ted08721

And me?
What do I think?

Well the article said that there was originally six cardinals pushing for this but one died which left five, hmmmm I would say that was a good start.

Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Aug 19, 2010 - 3:22AM #4
Richgr

The so-called 5th Marian dogma being pushed for is something that almost every Catholic believes already, at least implicitly. 

Such it was with most dogmas. We find that the majority of Catholics believed them. Then some heretical sect, such as the Nestorians, the Pelagians, the Gnostics, the Protestants, arose. The Church had to respond by reaffirming its doctrine, and thus crystallized certain doctrines already held in popularity as dogma, to affirm that they were true doctrine. Now to be sure, these things weren't dogma BECAUSE the majority believed them. They were dogma because they were true! That's not the point I'm making.

I'm not saying this so-called 5th dogma is dogma! No! It's not. But it's not anything radically new or theologically liberal or out there or any such. The most pious theologians and Saints have wrote such about Mary already, such as she being the co-redemptrix, the mediatrix of all graces, etc. These flow in principle, logically, from her position as the Mother of God.

I highly recommend the book by Fr. R. Garrigou-Lagrange called "Mother of the Saviour."

+JMJ+
Quick Reply
Cancel

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook