Switch to Forum Live View when Jehovah's Witnesses come knocking...
6 years ago  ::  Sep 24, 2008 - 6:59PM #1
RavynG
As some of you know I was raised in the Jehovah's Witness cult and left at age 34. Unless you have been "in" you really don't know what it is like to live that life. The next time JWs knock on your door and want to share the "good news" of a paradise earth and everlasting life with you, please do not encourage them. Instead ask them if they would let their child die rather than accept a blood transfusion. Ask them if someone decides to leave JWs will they be shunned and cut off from friends and family as if they are dead? Then turn them politely away and pray (or whatever you do) for them.

(Please read this former JW's story. Have some tissues handy.

Ruth's story:

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/16/165849/1.ashx

A MOTHER’S REGRET FOR A RELIGIOUS DEVOTION)
Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Mar 12, 2009 - 7:56AM #2
matica

Sep 24, 2008 -- 6:59PM, RavynG wrote:

As some of you know I was raised in the Jehovah's Witness cult and left at age 34. Unless you have been "in" you really don't know what it is like to live that life. The next time JWs knock on your door and want to share the "good news" of a paradise earth and everlasting life with you, please do not encourage them. Instead ask them if they would let their child die rather than accept a blood transfusion. Ask them if someone decides to leave JWs will they be shunned and cut off from friends and family as if they are dead? Then turn them politely away and pray (or whatever you do) for them.  (Please read this former JW's story. Have some tissues handy.   Ruth's story:  http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/16/165849/1.ashx  A MOTHER’S REGRET FOR A RELIGIOUS DEVOTION)

Hey there former survivor, nice to meet you.

Matt

Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Apr 07, 2009 - 1:12PM #3
Faithfilledlady

Funny, some Jehovah Witnesses knocked at my door the other day, and did not choose to identify themselves as such,-- being a little alarmed I did not open my doo; because I did not know who they were.  They professed an invitation to their service to try to get me to open the door.  Needless to say I did not and asked them to leave whatever they had.  My spirit told me they were Jehovah Witnesses and one should not entertain those who have another gospel.  I later picked up their material tore it up and put it in the trash.

Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Apr 09, 2009 - 10:02AM #4
Mere_christian

I almost always engage them. I take everything they offer me in the way of literature. I have had many, many "Bible studies," with these very nice people. I oppose their theology vehemently but with calm.

Who did Jacob wrestle? Or better yet WHAT did jacob wrestle with?

God.

Or rather, "a man" until that man fought dirty.

It's not just the Maimonides-ites that deny an anthropormorphic reality to the God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob.

The discussion is for the younger JW's present and in some ways the staunch JW-vet.

Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Jun 29, 2009 - 10:55PM #5
TheArcher

Hey you all.  I'm surprised that Jehovah Witnesses are so bad.  I used to feel bad for not taking materials from them when I saw them handing them out in public areas.  I am rather naïve, but I still don't find them bad.  One of my friends is a JW and she's OK, she's not perfect in the faith, but few are.

I think that JWs are not too misdirected from the right path.  They can still have redemption.

Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Apr 06, 2010 - 8:40PM #6
nanalulu222

Jun 29, 2009 -- 10:55PM, TheArcher wrote:

Hey you all.  I'm surprised that Jehovah Witnesses are so bad.  I used to feel bad for not taking materials from them when I saw them handing them out in public areas.  I am rather naïve, but I still don't find them bad.  One of my friends is a JW and she's OK, she's not perfect in the faith, but few are.

I think that JWs are not too misdirected from the right path.  They can still have redemption.

HI!

No, Most JW's are not bad people, it is not the person, it is the Watchtower Society, they teach a false gospel of our Lord and Savior, and they have people, innocent, decent people buying into it.  It is sad.

I know Ravyn, and she is a VERY special and sweet person, I totally feel for her.  And I know Matica too!  Hey you two!  I just now saw this thread, lol.

I started attending a non denominational Church, so I thought I would check out this thread.  Good to see familar people here.

Blessings all!

Conservative Christian.  Remember: you're unique, just like everyone else.
DJW community co-host.
Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Apr 29, 2010 - 1:23PM #7
Godsvesselx2

I've seen the same thing happen in the Catholic Church. Ever tried to take communion at a Catholic service and not be a Catholic. I attended a funeral of a dear friend and could not take part in the communion because I am not Catholic. Point being, I can't think of one denomination that is perfect. I do not belong to any denomination because I feel were either christian or were not. There are good people in all the denominations, but then their are the elitest. Some of what the JW's believe is very accurate and some not so accurate just like the other denominations. Just be careful of your feelings and your actions toward the people that knock on your door. The Lord hates haughty eyes.

Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Aug 22, 2010 - 6:43PM #8
Revshaun

As Christians, each and every one of us has been called to action. We are to spread the word of Jesus through the world. The Lord is gracious enough sometimes to send them to your doorstep. While we cannot convert everybody we meet, it is our responsibility to share God's love. The greatest commandment is to love God, while the second is to love your neighbor as yourself. It's not very loving to refuse someone your testimony, to stare at them through the peephole until they go away. It is our duty to learn as much about the Lord as possible so that we can share that knowledge. Are you being a good steward? This life is not about our own wants, needs, and desires. Once we put ourselves before God, family, and others we find out just how useless life is. Through serving we find our place in the universe. Do not let an opportunity pass you by! Jehovah's Witness members need saving from their pagan religion. Who will do it? Who will try? Who will care? Hopefully you!! God Bless!!

Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Sep 29, 2010 - 10:07AM #9
Raindown

I'm curious if anyone knows if the WTS has increased it's warnings on associations. I've noticed a change in the Jehovah's Witnesses I know. They seem to be pulling away. It's a heartbreaking religion.

There is a light at the end of every tunnel…just pray it’s not a train!-unknown
Quick Reply
Cancel

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook