7 years ago  ::  Feb 08, 2008 - 3:45PM #1
Beliefnetsabee
What sacraments are recognized by the UCC?

Is communion one of them and if so does it vary from congregation to congregation?
I always remember that for every word typed there is a real person sitting behind the keyboard.
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Feb 13, 2008 - 8:47PM #2
Mareczku
Is the Metropolitan Community Church related to the United Church of Christ?  That was an interesting question about the sacraments.  How large a church is the Metropolitan Community Church?  Which denomination is it nearest to?  What relationships does it have to other churches as in interfaith services, ecumenism, etc.?
Peace - Mareczku
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Feb 20, 2008 - 3:50PM #3
brjohnbc
MCC Clergy originally came from various backgrounds.  I think perhaps they train their own clergy now.  The founder, if memory serves was Pentecostal. 

The Cathedral of hope in Dallas Texas was one of the biggest churches of MCC until they split some time ago and became members of the United Church of Christ.

I have been to MCC services and yes .. as far as I know they all have Communion and the liturgy is very much like you would find in an Aglican or RC Church.

Blessings
Bro. John
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Mar 13, 2008 - 9:28PM #4
Mareczku
Thanks for the info, Noahsdad.  We don't have a MCC in our community.  We do have a UCC church.  I am Catholic but have an Ecumenical spirit and feel comfortable in churches of other denominations but attend Mass at my Church 2 or 3 times a week on average.  I am a Eucharistic Catholic so to me communion is the most important part of a church service. 

Peace - Mareczku
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Mar 13, 2008 - 9:28PM #5
Mareczku
Thanks for the info, Noahsdad.  We don't have a MCC in our community.  We do have a UCC church.  I am Catholic but have an Ecumenical spirit and feel comfortable in churches of other denominations but attend Mass at my Church 2 or 3 times a week on average.  I am a Eucharistic Catholic so to me communion is the most important part of a church service. 

Peace - Mareczku
Quick Reply
Cancel

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook