Important Announcement

See here for an important message regarding the community which has become a read-only site as of October 31.

10 years ago  ::  Feb 07, 2008 - 11:39AM #1
Kerygma
No activity for days on end and even then, only three Orthodox talking together. This new format has pretty much put the final nails in the coffin as it were. Many former posters have abandoned B-Net (and with good reason). The idea of splitting up our former discussion which was under one umbrella and then scattering it about B-Net so that it is nigh to impossible to find it OR very inconvenient to navigate to it, is ridiculous AND has had the effect, I'm sure, of further discouraging folks from returning on a more permanent basis. I know that I only come here once a day now and often not at all. There are other forums that are far easier to navigate with greater numbers of Orthodox Christians and fully moderated so that trolls are not tolerated. Oh well... I suppose I don't give much hope for its renewal. Perhaps that was the plan... to kill off all the former spiritual homes and turn this into a sort of religious Facebook. If so, I'd venture to say that it was a resounding failure. I wonder where many of the former regulars ended up? I'm talking about folks from six and seven years ago... WhyNot? SnowBall? FDR?

Okay... just venting. Nothing is going to change so there was little point in my complaining about it. Just had to get it off my chest. Have a good one. See some of you over at OC. :rolleyes:
Quick Reply
Cancel
10 years ago  ::  Feb 07, 2008 - 7:56PM #2
iane73
I pretty much agree. I don't really care for the new layout. if its not broken don't fix it.
Quick Reply
Cancel
10 years ago  ::  Feb 10, 2008 - 9:37PM #3
agape1942
Hello,

My name is Agape and I am new.  Keep on talking.  I need to listen and share.

I don't know what the old format looked like so, this looks fine to me.
Quick Reply
Cancel
10 years ago  ::  Feb 10, 2008 - 11:35PM #4
Kerygma
Welcome to the forum, as dead as it is. There are still a few of us left but as you can see, the level of discussion is very low and the time between responses lengthy. I would strongly urge you to visit OrthodoxCircle where you will find a much greater level of discussion, safe from trolls and where you can blog to your heart's content and join in forum discussions. But meanwhile, yes... a few of us are still here.
Quick Reply
Cancel
10 years ago  ::  Feb 11, 2008 - 12:37AM #5
smc93
... maybe this place is only grieving... due to the passing of Archbishop Christodoulos, may perpetual light surround him!  :-(... :-)
Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Jan 05, 2013 - 10:45PM #6
masha45

I used to be a frequent visitor to and poster on BeliefNet. I came back today to see if anybody is still posting, and found it pretty much moribund.

Greetings to all!

Quick Reply
Cancel

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook