Page 2 of 61  •  Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 61 Next
Switch to Forum Live View
Sticky: Common Round Vermont!
6 years ago  ::  Sep 21, 2008 - 1:25PM #11
brjohnbc
Now ... how do we get the head honcho's to sticky this Common Round so we don't have to go looking for it at the bottom of the page.

Blessings
Br. John
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Sep 21, 2008 - 7:14PM #12
JoanTreese

brjohnbc wrote:

Now ... how do we get the head honcho's to sticky this Common Round so we don't have to go looking for it at the bottom of the page.

Blessings
Br. John

That is precisely my question!  I don't know if the gurus have to do it or if Lee can do something in the editing of the first post??  ANYHOW.... sure wish we at the top of the page again!

Joan

He has told you, O mortal, what is good; and what does the Lord require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God? [Micah 6:8]
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Sep 22, 2008 - 9:36AM #13
RJMcElwain
Lee, you are a true artist with a keyboard.:)

And I hope your current predicament improves soon.

I'll "sticky" this immediately.
===========
==============
================

I have just "Stickied" this one and "unstuck" Vancouver. May it fade away in peace.:)
Robert J. McElwain

"The strongest reason for people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government." (Supposedly)Thomas Jefferson

"He who is not angry when there is just cause for anger is immoral."
St. Thomas Aquinas

One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors. Plato
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Sep 22, 2008 - 3:05PM #14
brjohnbc
Thanks Bob ... now tell me, can you explain to me how to get a message off my home (message) area?  It tells me, and has been telling me for months that I have 1 unread message and there are no messages to clear.  It is driving me crazy (not that that is a long distance to go!!)   If you can't help me can you direct me as to whom I might contact?

Blessings
Br. John
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Sep 22, 2008 - 4:03PM #15
RJMcElwain

brjohnbc wrote:

Thanks Bob ... now tell me, can you explain to me how to get a message off my home (message) area? It tells me, and has been telling me for months that I have 1 unread message and there are no messages to clear. It is driving me crazy (not that that is a long distance to go!!) If you can't help me can you direct me as to whom I might contact?

Blessings
Br. John

Brother John,

To quote a famous American, "'that's above my pay grade".:D However, if you go to the very bottom of this, or most forum pages, you'll see a "contact us" link. Open that, and you can send an email to those with the real power, and they should be able to fix it for you.

Congratulations on the weight lose. That's great. If I lose only five pounds that's a cause for celebration, however, the celebration usually causes me to gain it all back.:rolleyes:

Bob

Robert J. McElwain

"The strongest reason for people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government." (Supposedly)Thomas Jefferson

"He who is not angry when there is just cause for anger is immoral."
St. Thomas Aquinas

One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors. Plato
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Sep 22, 2008 - 5:12PM #16
JoanTreese
Thanks so much Bob for moving us to the top of the list!!

I'm in the midst of the "fall house cleaning" routine.  I tackled the living room, dining room and kitchen today.  Now I'm ready for a nap!!!  The bedrooms and bathrooms are next.  I will be thrilled when it's all done.  I've threatened Chuck within an inch of his life if the doesn't stay sparkling for at least one week!  LOL
Joan

He has told you, O mortal, what is good; and what does the Lord require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God? [Micah 6:8]
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Sep 22, 2008 - 5:50PM #17
bvarnell
So, If i can ask, what is the point of a forum thread like this one?
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Sep 22, 2008 - 8:55PM #18
JoanTreese

bvarnell wrote:

So, If i can ask, what is the point of a forum thread like this one?

This is our cyber pub location.  We just come here to chat about what's happening and share a cyber drink.  No religious/political discussions here... just an informal "Hi, How are you?" board.  When we reach around 1000 posts we vote on a new location to move our pub.  As you can see, we are now in Vermont for the autumn season.  Our buddy Lee is our travel guide who puts together the gorgeous opening scenes for us.

So belly  up to the bar and place your order.  Under 21, no alcohol even in cyberspace!!:)

Joan

Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Sep 25, 2008 - 10:38AM #19
JoanTreese
Good Morning!!  57 and sunny here today and we're headed up to the 80's.  Not much change in the leaves yet even in the mountains.  Any signs of autumn in your area?
Joan

Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Sep 25, 2008 - 10:46AM #20
Dutch777
Joan:
Old Dutch reporting from central NJ.
60 degrees Fahrenheit, breezy, overcast, rain expected.  No shorts and okabashis today.
Autumnal colors not yet arrived --- but I am considering buying a pumpkin pie when I go shopping tomorrow.
:)
The Path
To Moon Lake
Doesn't Go
There.

So Walk
Your own Dharma*Path
And Be
Mindful

Dutch
Quick Reply
Cancel