Important Announcement

See here for an important message regarding the community which has become a read-only site as of October 31.

Page 6 of 6  •  Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6
Switch to Forum Live View (Why be a Catholic???
9 years ago  ::  Sep 26, 2008 - 8:15PM #51
friendofsaints&angels
Hey dingaling and all others, I have just found a website that shows all Eucharist miracles, that even scientists can't explain. How often do you hear a scientist explain something supernatural, as being unexplained and only being considered nothing short of a miracle??? I beg all of you to go look at this website. I went to Eucharistic Adoration today and I was almost brought to my knees, by the unexplainable, but very real Sacramental presence of Jesus as soon as I had blessed myself with Holy water, and walked through the front doors of the church.

"Be still and know that I am God."

"Trust in the Lord."

"We walk by faith and not by sight."

You all can either just type in the words eucharistic miracles into your computer, or you can go to the website listed below. I think that this website will really open alot of peoples eyes, minds, and hearts.

www.therealpresence.org/eucharst/mir/a3.html

God Bless you all friends.
Quick Reply
Cancel
9 years ago  ::  Oct 26, 2008 - 2:24PM #52
friendofsaints&angels
It seems that dingaling has just been guilty of a hit & run on Bnet. many people have made some very good observations here that dingaling has not responded to. He has posted his opinion and obviously, thats the only opinion that matters. I think that is very sad and I feel sorry for dingaling, for being such a close minded person. His original statement that started this whole thread reminds me of what I had to deal with when I was much younger. my sister married into a Baptist family and I used to  loathe when the two sides of the family would get together. the Baptist side of the family used to make fun out of catholicism and always preach too us, about how our religion was all wrong. looking back, I learned much about how good of a person my mother was, because she would never respond in anger and most of the time, she just wouldn't even respond at all. I also heard an interview on a Catholic radio station called Relevant Radio, where a Protestant person talked about how he came to the Catholic faith. He seen how our mass revolves around Sacred Scripture and the Eucharist, while when he was in mass at his church, the Homily was usually hate filled, and most of the time, their preacher was taking shots at the Catholic church in his Homily. I find it very ironic that other people that think Catholcism is all wrong, make fun out of Catholics and others, while they are at mass, where our hearts, minds, and souls should be closest too God. can someone explain to me how people would think that is somehow pleasing too God? I find it even more ironic that Catholics on the other hand, the ones who are verbally persecuted by many of these others, go to Mass too be with Jesus in Sacred Scripture and the Eucharist. I also think that if someone goes around constantly bashing someone elses religious beliefs, they must not be very secure in their own.
Quick Reply
Cancel
9 years ago  ::  Oct 31, 2008 - 8:06PM #53
friendofsaints&angels

gilg wrote:

Interesting. I wonder what other Catholics think is the "biggest" sin?

For me, the biggest sin can be engaging in:   If  only....... and right along with that sin is nostalgia.

Hey gilg, I don't think that sins should be measured by their severity, but I think that we should all be aware of our sins and repent of them. if I thought that  I would call anything a bigger sin than the other, it would be to offend God, realize that we have offended God, and then do nothing about it and live our lives as if it didn't matter. that to me would be the biggest offense. I think that the more time people spend in prayer, reading Sacred Scripture, Eucharistic Adoration, etc, makes us more aware of how we offend God.

Quick Reply
Cancel
9 years ago  ::  Nov 02, 2008 - 9:55AM #54
friendofsaints&angels
Hey dingaling, Please see previous post no#33 and what I had to say there. what you are saying and the way you are acting torwards others, proves my point.
Quick Reply
Cancel
9 years ago  ::  Apr 07, 2009 - 8:39AM #55
Jupiter6208

You think we can stop all the Catholic Bashing???   Listen I'm not Roman Catholic   but i have no problems with people who are  Catholic or   protestant ,Jew, Hindu, Buddiest, athiest or any other faith or denomanation   Jeez....

"A person who is nice to you, but rude to the waiter, is not a nice person."  Dave Berry
Quick Reply
Cancel
9 years ago  ::  Apr 08, 2009 - 9:29AM #56
Shaner

Apr 7, 2009 -- 8:39AM, Jupiter6208 wrote:

You think we can stop all the Catholic Bashing???   Listen I'm not Roman Catholic   but i have no problems with people who are  Catholic or   protestant ,Jew, Hindu, Buddiest, athiest or any other faith or denomanation   Jeez....

Well said, Jupiter. 

I believe that one of the problems affecting this Forum is that there is no Host/Moderator to enforce the Rules of Conduct, so its become a free-for-all,

God bless

"Lord, to whom shall we go?  You have the Words of Eternal Life"
"Philippians 4:13. "I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me."
Quick Reply
Cancel
8 years ago  ::  Dec 06, 2009 - 1:16PM #57
fishylishy

Apr 7, 2009 -- 8:39AM, Jupiter6208 wrote:

## Absolutely not LOL :)

Since your post was written, the criminality of the RCC has been shown up by events in Ireland. The RCC *deserves* to be bashed - very, very, hard.

Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 6 of 6  •  Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook