Important Announcement

See here for an important message regarding the community which has become a read-only site as of October 31.

Page 1 of 6  •  1 2 3 4 5 6 Next
Switch to Forum Live View (Why be a Catholic???
9 years ago  ::  Sep 18, 2008 - 10:26AM #1
dingaling
With the catholic church having a history as evil and murderous as islam,why be a catholic???
Quick Reply
Cancel
9 years ago  ::  Sep 21, 2008 - 8:41PM #2
Mareczku
You don't have to believe, Ding-a-ling.  As Catholics, we follow Christ, Ding-a-ling.  Our Catholic church traces back to the Resurrection and the first Pentecost.  Our Popes stretch back to St. Peter.  You may see Catholics as evil, Ding-a-ling but that is just your opinion.  We are Catholic Christians and many of us are proud of this and love Christ. 

Peace - Mareczku
Quick Reply
Cancel
9 years ago  ::  Sep 22, 2008 - 1:03AM #3
dingaling
Most catholics have no idea as to how evil the catholics church history.is and are catholicks for no better reason than that there mommy and daddy were catholics before them.
Quick Reply
Cancel
9 years ago  ::  Sep 22, 2008 - 11:41AM #4
TemplarS
Well, you are right there, Dingaling.

And while I'm at it, I've looked at all the evil we Americans have done to the Indians, and the slaves, and the people of Hiroshima and Nagasaki, and I've decided I'm going to move to Iceland.  After all, I'm only an American because my Mom and Dad were.
Quick Reply
Cancel
9 years ago  ::  Sep 22, 2008 - 11:57AM #5
dingaling
Looking at American history we find that American christianity stole and murdered the American indians and took everything that thay had at gun point.

Every year we celebrate the evil of our parents by praising God and his Jewish kid Jesus.

(Lets hear it for religious evil.)
Quick Reply
Cancel
9 years ago  ::  Sep 22, 2008 - 7:03PM #6
rjak134
[QUOTE=dingaling;776502]Looking at American history we find that American christianity stole and murdered the American indians and took everything that thay had at gun point.

Every year we celebrate the evil of our parents by praising God and his Jewish kid Jesus.

(Lets hear it for religious evil.)[/QUOTE]

Let's hear it for not feeding trolls.  Goodness.
Quick Reply
Cancel
9 years ago  ::  Sep 22, 2008 - 9:14PM #7
Mareczku
"Are catholicks for no better reason than that there mommy and daddy were catholick before them."  What grade are you in dingaling?  Actually my father was a convert to the Catholic Church.  His father was raised Baptist and his mother was raised Presbyterian. 

Peace - Mareczku
Quick Reply
Cancel
9 years ago  ::  Sep 22, 2008 - 10:01PM #8
dingaling
Your father made himself a Bptist and converted to a Catholic,was he not satisfied with God's intent?
Quick Reply
Cancel
9 years ago  ::  Sep 22, 2008 - 10:04PM #9
angpuppy
[QUOTE=dingaling;768645]With the catholic church having a history as evil and murderous as islam,why be a catholic???[/QUOTE]

Nah, I disagree.  I believe that in history, people of all nations overall tended to be very violent.  I think the era and culture we live in the US is very unique and we often question how could people live different than us?  In all honesty, I sometimes wonder how long we'll be able to maintain the peace, but that scares me so I'd rather not think about it.  Besides worrying about it does no good.
Quick Reply
Cancel
9 years ago  ::  Sep 22, 2008 - 11:32PM #10
JoanTreese

rjak134 wrote:

Let's hear it for not feeding trolls. Goodness.

AMEN!! No matter what you write, you will never change Dingaling's mind.:(

Joan

He has told you, O mortal, what is good; and what does the Lord require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God? [Micah 6:8]
Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 1 of 6  •  1 2 3 4 5 6 Next

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook