Important Announcement

See here for an important message regarding the community which has become a read-only site as of October 31.

Page 3 of 3  •  Prev 1 2 3
Switch to Forum Live View Dominicans Advocated Lay Celebration
10 years ago  ::  Apr 10, 2008 - 7:49PM #21
Barzillai
My wife and I saw Into Great Silence last year at this grand old movie palace, the Tampa Theater built in 1926.

You are correct, it was some event. We talked about it for a long time afterwards. I think the movie is more about light than silence, but everyone will take their own treasure from this masterpiece, and the movie was named exactly right, it was Into Great Silence.
Quick Reply
Cancel
10 years ago  ::  Apr 11, 2008 - 10:24AM #22
cswalters
[QUOTE=Shaner;251501]OF MASS.

The Dutch Dominicans in Holland were advocating lay Celebration of the Mass, where there is no Priest available to say one. I say were, because the Cong. of the Doctrine of the Faith caught wind of it and made them retract their statements in Church Bulletins, etc.

There's a link in this article http://www.catholicculture.org/commenta … cfm?id=210 that has more information on it.

In those places where there is no Priest to Celebrate Mass for the people, do you think they should allow Deacons, or lay Catholics as the Dominicans suggested, to Celebrate?

Agree or disagree with the Dominicans?

Sandy[/QUOTE]

I could see arguments for and against it, but I think in the end the church (the whole Church, not just the Dominicans) should decided what is proper and best for each parish.
Quick Reply
Cancel
10 years ago  ::  Apr 12, 2008 - 9:35AM #23
Shaner

Barzillai wrote:

My wife and I saw Into Great Silence last year at this grand old movie palace, the Tampa Theater built in 1926.

You are correct, it was some event. We talked about it for a long time afterwards. I think the movie is more about light than silence, but everyone will take their own treasure from this masterpiece, and the movie was named exactly right, it was Into Great Silence.

What a beautiful theatre John!!  They sure don't make them like that anymore, it must be an historic landmark. 

It touched you and your wife as well....actually there were very few Catholics here at B'net who weren't moved after viewing it.  It didn't come to my area, so I watched it on the Documentary Channel.  Indeed it was!

Pax,
Sandy

"Lord, to whom shall we go?  You have the Words of Eternal Life"
"Philippians 4:13. "I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me."
Quick Reply
Cancel
10 years ago  ::  Apr 12, 2008 - 9:37AM #24
Shaner

cswalters wrote:

I could see arguments for and against it, but I think in the end the church (the whole Church, not just the Dominicans) should decided what is proper and best for each parish.

Well said, cswalters!

Pax,
Sandy

"Lord, to whom shall we go?  You have the Words of Eternal Life"
"Philippians 4:13. "I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me."
Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 3 of 3  •  Prev 1 2 3

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook