6 years ago  ::  Aug 20, 2008 - 3:18PM #1
BeckaBlueyz
Hello..
I am new to beliefnet and am somewhat of a spirtual seeker  currently unchurched and visting a few different boards trying to find congregations/denominations that I want to explore, learn more about and UCC is one that is resonating with my heart and mind.  I may be popping by for discussions and asking questions so I just thought I would introduce myself.

peace be with you!
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Aug 23, 2008 - 5:09PM #2
mecdukebec
Hello. I am UCC, too, and can tell you that you probably won`t go wrong, attending the UCC.

"Wesley told the early Methodists to gain all they could and save all they could so that they could give all they could. It means that I consider my money to belong to God and I see myself as one of the hungry people who needs to get fed with God’s money. If I really have put all my trust in Jesus Christ as savior and Lord, then nothing I have is really my own anymore."
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Oct 30, 2008 - 11:10PM #3
RobbyCU
I know that I no longer know what I believe. I was raised Christian. I became very religious in college, even lived in a Christian Coop in college and serously considered seminary twice. I became active in a local church & got baptised. Then around 2003 I stopped. And I mean stopped. Chruch got to much. I believe in God now and am not sure what to do with Jesus, considered being jewish but can't quite do that. So I have looked this up on Belief net of all places on the net and figure now is a good time and this an okay place to ask, is there a reason to believe in anything, or all we just a bunsh of molecules heading towards reorganization.
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Nov 01, 2008 - 2:40AM #4
RobbyCU
Thank you for your reply.  I will check out those books. However, it was the church politics that got too much.  I was bothered by the lack of sacredness at the UCC I attened. When I wanted to read the bible or anything less free. I felt put upon. When I wanted to hold to an order of service that was more traditional I was faced with a bunche of people that seemed to just want to keep doing what they were doing. And what they were doing bothered me. they appeared tobe free and open, but behind all of it was the pure evil of church politics.

I left, and somone didn't call me until 2006 to check if I was dead or alive. 

I've gone from uber christian, agnostic, just plain saying I don't know. I know more about the bible than most. I believe in and have a deep relationship with god.

There are no UCC churches here that would welcome me, I want to belong but belonging is painful so I stay away. To add to that I am gay.

I am tired of the craziness of all of this.
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Nov 01, 2008 - 7:53AM #5
mecdukebec
Can you find a UCC congregation that in Open and Affirming; ucc.org has a guide to those churches.  That seems to me pretty much a good place to start.  As you know, our congregations are as different as night and day.  Pax on your journey.

"Wesley told the early Methodists to gain all they could and save all they could so that they could give all they could. It means that I consider my money to belong to God and I see myself as one of the hungry people who needs to get fed with God’s money. If I really have put all my trust in Jesus Christ as savior and Lord, then nothing I have is really my own anymore."
Quick Reply
Cancel

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook