6 years ago  ::  Jan 10, 2008 - 5:25PM #1
smc93
In the early days of the Vineyard Movement, this person-- considered a true prophet of and from God-- was a key leader.  He was basically written out of the history due in part to disagreements that arose in practical matters and latterly over matters that pertained to what was felt to be improper Christian morals.

The documentary is a fascinating piece of work and well worth forthright and robust Christian study-- it is not for the weak-hearted, mind you.  Check it out here:

http://www.kqed.org/arts/truly/episode.jsp?eid=152173

All the very best,  smc93
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Jan 10, 2008 - 5:25PM #2
smc93
In the early days of the Vineyard Movement, this person-- considered a true prophet of and from God-- was a key leader.  He was basically written out of the history due in part to disagreements that arose in practical matters and latterly over matters that pertained to what was felt to be improper Christian morals.

The documentary is a fascinating piece of work and well worth forthright and robust Christian study-- it is not for the weak-hearted, mind you.  Check it out here:

http://www.kqed.org/arts/truly/episode.jsp?eid=152173

All the very best,  smc93
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Jan 21, 2008 - 6:56AM #3
hablabla
Thank you for the post! I was unaware that a documentary had been made about his life. I went to the films website, and I found out that it is now available on DVD. I plan to pick up a copy. Thanks!
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Jan 24, 2008 - 12:44PM #4
smc93
[QUOTE=hablabla;228771]Thank you for the post! I was unaware that a documentary had been made about his life. I went to the films website, and I found out that it is now available on DVD. I plan to pick up a copy. Thanks![/QUOTE]

You're very welcome!  :-)  s
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Feb 03, 2008 - 8:05PM #5
butterflynews11
Thanks for the link, Smc93! The information is most helpful regarding this anointed man of God.

In his book, 'The Charismatic Century: The Enduring Impact of the Azusa Street Revival', Jack Hayford mentions Lonnie and his role in the Charismatic Movement. He gives Lonnie a voice to a man who had been silenced. (As if the biblical characters were perfect, although they suffered consequences due to their frailties, such as David. And yet, these same frail people - God's people - weren't silenced but forever remain in Scripture)

Well thanks for writing in and giving a voice to a man who was so powerfully used by God. God's Grace is sufficient, loving and without end.

In Jesus' Love,
Yvette
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Feb 04, 2008 - 4:56PM #6
steve123
butterfly,

Long time no hear!  I hope things are going well for you and your family!

God Bless,
Steve
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Feb 05, 2008 - 7:20PM #7
butterflynews11
Hey you too, Steve!
Thanks! We're doing much, much better Praise the Lord! Hope things are well with you and yours as well!
I should be back on my feet again in about a month and be on here more often.
'See' ya soon!

Have a Blessed night!
Love ya,
Yvette
Quick Reply
Cancel

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook