Switch to Forum Live View God knows your every move?
6 years ago  ::  Aug 19, 2008 - 5:04PM #1
missgrits
I am really struggling to find purpose in my life.  I no longer have faith, desires, dreams or goals.  I feel like a walking shell.  I am not even spiritual anymore.  I was a Christian but every step forward has resulted in 10 steps backwards.  I know Christianity does not pave a golden road full of riches.  But, so much has happened in my life, I have somewhat given up.  I doubt that makes sense, but at this time in my life, nothing makes sense.

I was raised Baptist and was brought up to believe that God knows every move you make before you even make it!  I take that to mean literally - as in every move you make on a day to day basis.  For instance, God knows that I will catch 5 stop lights on my way home today.  Am I incorrectly interpreting this message?  Do you think that this planned forecast is based on major paths that one will take or does it refer to each and every move that one makes? 

I know and have been told that God does not cause bad things.  But, if he is truly a "Loving" God, then why doesnt he help prevent some of these bad things.  Yes! - I do know that God gave his only son so that we could be forgiven of our sins.  That is by far the ultimate sacrafice. Think about how many mothers have lost a child.  He knows how it feels to lose a child, so how many mothers have to go through this pain in order to equal the pain that God experienced? 
I feel like I am rambling and I apologize.  However, I will very much appreciate any input or suggestions in this matter.

I am thinking of consulting a spiritualist to help me get back on track.  What is your opinion of that?  I probably need a good Southern Baptist Preacher to get ahold of me..........but I seriously do not think he can answer my questions either.
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Aug 27, 2008 - 3:08PM #2
Pilgrimer
God does know every move we make, and every thought we think . . . every hope we dare dream, every fear, every desire, every joy and longing of every beat of our hearts. God knows you better than you know yourself, and He is as close to you as your own breath.

Talk to Him. Tell Him exactly what you told us.

In Christ,
Pilgrimer
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Aug 28, 2008 - 5:44PM #3
mom-6
I sense your frustration and confusion and hold you up in prayer to the only One who can calm your fears, give you peace in the midst of your circumstances (whatever they may be), and help you realize that YES! God does love you, God does care about your struggles, God does know your frustrations and questions, God will answer you when you cry out to Him.

Just remember, we were never promised a life without difficulites to face, problems to solve, challenges to meet.  However, we are promised a comforter in the midst of whatever things may be going wrong, one to battle for us when we need it (and call on Him to do so), peace in the midst of all of it (but we must trust and ask and seek).

I can tell you that I personally have faced difficulties that have seemed insurmountable at the time, battled with unseen forces that tried to make me give up on trusting God, and when I cried out to God, He heard and He answered and He gave me peace.

Cry out to Him, with whatever minute amount of trust you have left, and ask Him to give you His peace in the midst of the struggle, and ask Him to build up your faith that He will answer and show you the way.
Quick Reply
Cancel

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook