Page 2 of 2  •  Prev 1 2
Switch to Forum Live View How Long Ago Did Adam and Eve Live?
5 years ago  ::  Apr 07, 2009 - 7:42PM #11
Bob_Bennett

Aug 20, 2008 -- 9:38PM, Mareczku wrote:

According to the Catholic Church approximately how long ago did Adam and Eve live?  Does the Church teach it was about 6,000 - 8,000 years ago?   There is a genealogy in the Bible and it traces all the way back to Adam.  Has it been figured out approximately how long ago this was?  I think many Bible based protestant religions believe that Adam and Eve lived that long ago.  Does the Catholic Church agree with them on this?  Peace - Mareczku

Hi,

The words 'Adam' and 'Eve' were not proper names.   Instead, they are simply part of a creation myth to get the story going.  Nothing is given as to how long ago the myth supposedly  got set in motion.

Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Oct 28, 2009 - 6:50PM #12
Bob_Bennett

Further, Adam and Eve are characters in an allegory, and not real people.

Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Feb 24, 2010 - 1:03AM #13
Daniel

Adam and Eve is an analogy in some ways, but Adam actually did exist.  Adam was the first person with which Gd made a Covenant, of which there have been 7.  Adam did live about 7 millenia ago and represents the establishment of the one True Faith to the One True God.

The other Covenants to support the one with Adam were with Noah, Abraham, Moses, David, Cyrus the Great and Mary Magdeline.

The Covenant with Cyrus the Great led to the establishment of Islam through Muhammad and the Covenant with Mary Magdeline established Christianity and fulfilled the prophecy given in Chapter 31 of Jeremiah where it is stated "The LORD has created a new thing upon the earth: the woman must compass the man". 

In the Catholic Bible, this verse has been changed slightly to read "encompass the man with devotion" but it represents that a new thing was offered, which was a Covenant with a woman as one would be required for the establishment of the Archangel Michael being put in place as the final King of Judah.  Jesus was the incarnation of the Archangel Michael, who is the Son of God. 

What that means also is that Jesus is married.  That marriage occurred at Golgotha when Christ was crucified, Mary Magdeline was there and that is where she established her devotion to the Lord in not shunning God and the Covenant was ratified.  The definition of "joy" is "passion in alliance".  Mary Magdeline suffered the passion with Christ at Golgotha and then worked to establish his reign in the aftermath of the Crucifixion.  She converted Saul of Tarsus as one of her sacrifices. 

The marriage of Jesus and Mary Magdeline represents a Covenant that is different than the others before it as well, as noted in Jeremiah 31. 

"It will not be like the covenant I made with their fathers the day I  took them by the hand to lead them forth from the land of Egypt; for  they broke my covenant and I had to show myself their master, says the  LORD.
But this is the covenant which I  will make with the house of Israel after those days, says the LORD. I  will place my law within them, and write it upon their hearts; I will be  their God, and they shall be my people."

Mary Magdeline is a virgin and provided Jesus no heir as a typical wife of this life would.  The heirs of Christ are by devotion of conscience, not by bloodline.  What that means is that Paul, Peter, John, James, and all those who accept Christ and follow him are his heirs, which was established by the sacrifice of Mary Magdeline. 

As Jesus' Angelic name is Michael, Mary Magdeline's Angelic name is Shoshannah (Hebrew), or "Susanna" (English).  "Susanna" means "Spirited Beauty" or "Spirited Lily" and is represented by the Rose. 

Chapter 13 of Daniel is a prophecy that is a parable about a beautiful woman that is betrayed by 2 judges and a young boy named Daniel fights for her honor.  It is a prophecy with "Susanna" representing a nation built in the likeness of Christ's wife.  That nation is the United States of America.  The Marian Apparition at Fatima was Mary Magdeline, not Mary, Christ's mother.  "Fatima" means "Perfect Daughter" in Islam.  Mary Magdeline is God's "perfect daughter" by marriage. 

Anyway, I'm going to stop there because I'm Catholic and live in Omaha, Nebraska and haven't really shared any of this before.  We are just in a time of fulfillment right now and nobody knows about it yet.  The Seven Seals and the Book of Revelation, along with the books of Daniel and the "Secrets" of Fatima are all related. 

They don't fortell of an "apocalypse" of God's wrath being brought down to destroy humanity and also don't fortell of betrayals by the clergy in the Church.  The Church right now is in despair and suffering quite a bit, but doesn't suffer from a betrayal by its clergy or any impending one as some have suggested Fatima foretells.  

Anyway, yes, Adam does actually represent an actual person, he just doesn't represent the "first human" as some have simplistically assumed in their interpretation of Genesis.  The historical record witih dinosaurs, evolution, etc. is accurate and is also consistent with the faith of the Church.  Many just don't know it yet. 

With my being Roman Catholic and also knowing Jesus is married, that may raise some eyebrows as far as my being a rebel against Church dogma.  I'm not.  The Catholic Faith is True and has been prudent in not pursuing speculation regarding Christ's marital status as a curiosity.  It would skew the faith and move the Church off the Biblical message.

Anyway, I hope that helped and I didn't babble too much.

Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Mar 05, 2010 - 5:45PM #14
Bob_Bennett

The allegory of Adam and Eve, neither of which were proper Jewish names, was assembled in order to put a beginning on the story and then communicate the typical Jewish story of sin and morality.

There are writings to be found outside of the Church that talk about the human race migrating to Earth from Mars, and before that from the Pleiades.  That means that we may have been kicking around the universe for billions and billions of years in some form or another.

Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 2 of 2  •  Prev 1 2

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook