7 years ago  ::  Dec 22, 2007 - 2:54AM #1
jeanette1
My Wish for You in 2008

May peace break into your house and may thieves come to steal your debts. May the pockets of your jeans become a magnet of  $100 bills. May love stick to your face like Vaseline and may laughter assault your lips! May your clothes smell of success like smoking tires and may happiness slap you across the face and may your tears be that of joy. May the problems you had forget your home address! In simple words ............

May 2008be the best year of your life!!!
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Dec 22, 2007 - 3:25AM #2
Merope
[QUOTE=jeanette1;157787]My Wish for You in 2008

May peace break into your house and may thieves come to steal your debts. May the pockets of your jeans become a magnet of  $100 bills. May love stick to your face like Vaseline and may laughter assault your lips! May your clothes smell of success like smoking tires and may happiness slap you across the face and may your tears be that of joy. May the problems you had forget your home address! In simple words ............

May 2008 be the best year of your life!!![/QUOTE]

[COLOR="DarkGreen"]Mutual, I'm sure :-)

Thank you, sweetie.[/COLOR]
Merope | Beliefnet Community Manager
Problems? Send a message to Beliefnet_community
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Dec 22, 2007 - 10:35AM #3
Dutch777
braddye.com/images/guru.jpg May the ineffable bliss of Universal Oneness descend upon you like a monsoon of aromatic lotus blossoms;  May the Third Eye of Transcendental Insight reside between your eyes;  May your gates be ever safe from tigers.  :)
The Path
To Moon Lake
Doesn't Go
There.

So Walk
Your own Dharma*Path
And Be
Mindful

Dutch
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Dec 22, 2007 - 10:46AM #4
PeteTSSF
My wish for 2008 is actually much simpler. My wish is for both side of the political divide within our church stop talking at one another and start talking to each other. I also wish that the lawsuits stop, the encroachment from the Global South to stop, and both sides able to talk to one another in honesty and in Christian love. I've said it before and I'll say it again - there are no heroes in all of this, only villains and victims. Finally, I wish that those entrusted with authority in our church begin to put the church's needs above their own political ambitions. This is my wish for 2008..
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Dec 22, 2007 - 10:35AM #5
Dutch777
braddye.com/images/guru.jpg May the ineffable bliss of Universal Oneness descend upon you like a monsoon of aromatic lotus blossoms;  May the Third Eye of Transcendental Insight reside between your eyes;  May your gates be ever safe from tigers.  :)
The Path
To Moon Lake
Doesn't Go
There.

So Walk
Your own Dharma*Path
And Be
Mindful

Dutch
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Dec 22, 2007 - 10:46AM #6
PeteTSSF
My wish for 2008 is actually much simpler. My wish is for both side of the political divide within our church stop talking at one another and start talking to each other. I also wish that the lawsuits stop, the encroachment from the Global South to stop, and both sides able to talk to one another in honesty and in Christian love. I've said it before and I'll say it again - there are no heroes in all of this, only villains and victims. Finally, I wish that those entrusted with authority in our church begin to put the church's needs above their own political ambitions. This is my wish for 2008..
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Dec 22, 2007 - 1:02PM #7
JoanTreese

PeteTSSF wrote:

AMEN!  "Go in peace to love and serve the Lord."

Joan

He has told you, O mortal, what is good; and what does the Lord require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God? [Micah 6:8]
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Dec 22, 2007 - 4:33PM #8
LitanyoftheSaints
[QUOTE]AMEN! "Go in peace to love and serve the Lord."[/QUOTE]

Thanks be to God!:D

Jeanette, I love your New Year's wish? mind if I "steal" it and write that to other people?:)
"The centrality of our mission is to love each other. That means caring for our neighbors. And it does not mean bickering about fine points of doctrine."- ++KJS
http://kjsfanpage.blogspot.com/
http://chicksinpointyhats.blogspot.com/

"We are to be Christ's hands and feet and heart and mind and we cannot do that if we assume God's role of judgment. The judge's job is filled. God alone is judge! Those who would be Saviors of the Church and the people in it are also reminded that the Savior's job has been filled. Jesus Christ filled it once for all. "- Bishop Rodney Michel
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Dec 22, 2007 - 4:58PM #9
jeanette1
Use it of course! :D
Quick Reply
Cancel

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook