Page 2 of 2  •  Prev 1 2
Switch to Forum Live View Independent Fundamentalist Baptists?
4 years ago  ::  May 05, 2010 - 8:06PM #11
klm

posts 9 and 10.  that pretty much sums it up in my church also.    Almost to a tee

Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  May 14, 2010 - 12:56AM #12
davelaw40

Jul 27, 2008 -- 10:11PM, rideronthastorm wrote:

Salvation through grace, through faith in Jesus once saved always saved;They denounce any involvement in new movements in the church, the charismatic movement, any charismatic practices of tongues or any gifts or any kind of contemporary or upbeat or charismatic music; They only read the King james Bible. Id like to know what theyre alter calls are like, if they are not into the emotionalistic type of alter calls like the Southern Baptists they may actually be tolerable to my conservative side( FYI I have both a conservative and a liberal side), they call their church service a preaching service, i take it theyre not big on music. I think they are pretty conservative on dress which is interesting and something Im use to. Salvation through grace? Im just wondering how this relates to the predestination theory my dads church teaches and also the emotionalistic alter call services of the Southern Baptist that require you to say a little prayer similar to the sinners prayer? They claim to be old timey so much that tehy ahvnt changed sense the old times,I thought all old timey churches were predestination churches.

we are not all KJV only- many adopt the English KJV as the standard as the translation closest to the Textus Receptus of the New Testament but are not dogmatic about it

and no predistination Baptists are relatively rare

music varies, altar call varies- we are Independant so each Church calls their own shots

although most of the ones in Texas can trace themselves to J Frank Norris and his flight from the SBC

Non Quis, Sed Quid
Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Jun 04, 2010 - 9:45PM #13
klm

Dec 17, 2009 -- 8:18AM, antpat24 wrote:

I guess I am late on this thread. I am a Independent Fundamental Bible believing Baptist. All churches are independent, and our church is a KJO church. Dress is scriptural, not enforced. We train Pastors, plant churches.

The alter call is for salvation, and also if the message spoke to your heart you may go to the alter to pray. Not "emotional", quietly done. Do not speak in tongues, nor believe in that. Baptism is by immersion on a profession of faith. All preaching is scriptural, all beliefs and practices are likewise.

Having been a Methodist all my life, and looking for God's word in print and practice, I found and am blessed to be where I am today.

this is exactly how our church operates.  

Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Jun 05, 2010 - 12:45PM #14
Sisterintruth

I visited 2 of the IFB churches. The one I visit time to time is KJV only, small setting.

They have thursday night midweek services & I can go to that. They have a guitar (non electric~old fashioned) & they  sing hymns out of the hymnal book with the guitar.

I left the mainstream Baptist churches & liked the IFB.

Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Jun 06, 2010 - 10:34PM #15
Roodog

While the standards of the SBC have been viewed by some as too lax, others have seen it as too restrictive.(Case in point, Jimmy Carter's church in Plains, GA) Those unwilling to comply with the SBC for being too rigid have likewise become Independent Baptist Churches.

While I have friends and relatives in IFB churches, I remain, faithfully and steadfastly, a Southern Baptist.

For those who have faith, no explanation is neccessary.
For those who have no faith, no explanation is possible.

St. Thomas Aquinas

If one turns his ear from hearing the Law, even his prayer is an abomination. Proverbs 28:9
Quick Reply
Cancel
1 month ago  ::  Mar 17, 2014 - 9:17PM #16
Cherylcz

* We are Baptist. Historically, Baptists hold to the following doctrines. This is what makes us distinctly Baptist:

1.  The Bible is all we need for faith and practice;

2   Independent, autonomous churches;

3.  Regenerated church membership;

4.  Baptism by immersion of believers only, and the Lord's  Supper as the  two ordinances of the church;

5.  Priesthood of all believers and soul liberty; and

6.  Separation of church and state.

*We are Fundamentalists.  We believe the following fundamentals of the faith: 

1. The Trinity: God the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit, three and yet one, all fully God;

2. The absolute inspiration, inerrancy, and infallibility of the Holy Scriptures;

3. The incarnation, virgin birth, sinless life, death,  burial,  resurrection, and substitutionary atonement of Jesus Christ;

4 .The personal salvation of those who put their faith in the gospel of Christ; and

5. The reality of the Second Coming, Heaven, and Hell.

*We are Independent. The word "Independent" means the church is not a member of any council, convention nor is a part of any hierarchy outside the local congregation. A true Independent Baptist church governs itself apart from any outside agency and would not be a part of a national or international denomination that would exercise authority over the local church. Thus, the name "independent" means the church patterns itself after the New Testament example and stands alone under the authority of the scriptures. Independent churches are autonomous assemblies having no organization over them in authority. Free from outside interference, they direct their own affairs under the authority of the scriptures.

Because we are independent, other issues are decided by the members of our local church.  For this reason, some but not all IFB churches are kjv only while some use other versions, some but not all are traditional music while some are contemporary, some dress semi-formal in services and some are casual, etc.

Quick Reply
Cancel
1 day ago  ::  Apr 14, 2014 - 7:58PM #17
Bookchapvs

uuhhh...what ^^^ he said :)

serving Him by serving others
Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 2 of 2  •  Prev 1 2

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement