Page 1 of 2  •  1 2 Next
Switch to Forum Live View Independent Fundamentalist Baptists?
6 years ago  ::  Jul 27, 2008 - 10:11PM #1
rideronthastorm
Salvation through grace, through faith in Jesus once saved always saved;They denounce any involvement in new movements in the church, the charismatic movement, any charismatic practices of tongues or any gifts or any kind of contemporary or upbeat or charismatic music;

They only read the King james Bible.

Id like to know what theyre alter calls are like, if they are not into the emotionalistic type of alter calls like the Southern Baptists they may actually be tolerable to my conservative side( FYI  I have both a  conservative and a liberal side), they call their church service a preaching service, i take it theyre not big on music. I think they are pretty conservative on dress which is interesting and something Im use to.

Salvation through grace? Im just wondering how this relates to the predestination theory my dads church teaches and also the emotionalistic alter call services of the Southern Baptist that require you to say a little prayer similar to the sinners prayer?

They claim to be old timey so much that tehy ahvnt changed sense the old times,I thought all old timey churches were predestination churches.
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Jul 28, 2008 - 4:30PM #2
mom-6
I've not encountered any of these churches (at least not that I know of) so I can't really respond knowledgably. 

It's possible that one of the many churches we visited while searching for a church home following one of our many moves as active duty military would fit the description, but that was over 30 years ago, we only visited the one time and did not feel comfortable in the one I'm thinking of that might fit this category.

Hopefully someone else will be able to give you more recent, knowledgable information!
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Jul 28, 2008 - 4:30PM #3
mom-6
I've not encountered any of these churches (at least not that I know of) so I can't really respond knowledgably. 

It's possible that one of the many churches we visited while searching for a church home following one of our many moves as active duty military would fit the description, but that was over 30 years ago, we only visited the one time and did not feel comfortable in the one I'm thinking of that might fit this category.

Hopefully someone else will be able to give you more recent, knowledgable information!
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Jul 29, 2008 - 12:57AM #4
rideronthastorm
Im sorry I should have investigated more thorughly before putting this up here. I actaully called them today,sense my dads predestination Primitive Baptist church has short alter calls only to join the church, and they also believe in once saved always saved and salvation through grace only, i thought maybe they would not be anemotionalistic expereince thats long and drawn out in their alter call invitations and sense they claim to believe in one saved always saved on their websight, they certainly should not have long drawn out alter calls asking people if they eed to repent againa nd again. but when i called them today tehy sai dthey give up several different needs and reasons for responding to the alter calls when they ahve invitations for the alter, so to em over the phone it still sounded like long drawn out emotionlistic type of alter calls, so im not interested.

Im not interested in the Primitive Baptist church, all be it Ill visit now and then,Im not inetrested in aprt because its mostly older folks and its very small so.

No Ill just continue to look thanks for the opinion.
Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  May 25, 2009 - 12:26PM #5
Roodog

I am a Baptist and I hold to the foundational teachings of  the Church:

Scriptual inerrancy in the original autographs

The Trinity (the deity of and seperate personhood of the Father, Son  and Holy Ghost)

The Virgin Birth Of Jesus Christ

The Atoning death of Jesus Christ

The bodily resurrection of Jesus Christ

The assension of Jesus into Heaven

Jesus' promised return to the earth and the Last Judgement

The neccessity of conversion for salvation, church membership and recieving the ordinances.

Heaven for the saved, Hell for the lost

In this way I am a Fundamentalist Baptist.

However, I differ from some other Fundamentalist Baptists. For instance, I use an American translation of the Bible(following the tradition of worshiping in the vernacular as called for by the Philadelphia Confession. We in the U.S. have a different dialect from the British.)

I have a more Calvinistic bent in my theology than a typical Fundamentalist Baptist.

The controls over how one uses his or her liesure time and one's entertaiment ought to be internal rather than external.(There are movies and TV shows I WON'T watch, books I WON'T read radio stations I don't listen to.)

When faced with doctrinal differences with other Christians, I tend to say"I disagree" rather than "You're wrong!"

Some Fundamentalist Baptists disavow their Protestant heritage which I openly acknowledge.

For those who have faith, no explanation is neccessary.
For those who have no faith, no explanation is possible.

St. Thomas Aquinas

If one turns his ear from hearing the Law, even his prayer is an abomination. Proverbs 28:9
Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Jun 20, 2009 - 12:56PM #6
puzzleman

I go to an Independent Fundamental Baptist Church , your right we only use the KJV version of the bible. 

Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Jul 01, 2009 - 1:56PM #7
Roodog

Hey Puzzleman,

Are we the only Baptists on the Net??

Is the Internet forbidden to Baptists??

St. Thomas Aquinas

If one turns his ear from hearing the Law, even his prayer is an abomination. Proverbs 28:9
Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Dec 17, 2009 - 8:18AM #8
antpat24

I guess I am late on this thread. I am a Independent Fundamental Bible believing Baptist. All churches are independent, and our church is a KJO church. Dress is scriptural, not enforced. We train Pastors, plant churches.

The alter call is for salvation, and also if the message spoke to your heart you may go to the alter to pray. Not "emotional", quietly done. Do not speak in tongues, nor believe in that. Baptism is by immersion on a profession of faith. All preaching is scriptural, all beliefs and practices are likewise.

Having been a Methodist all my life, and looking for God's word in print and practice, I found and am blessed to be where I am today.

Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Dec 17, 2009 - 8:35PM #9
Roodog

Nice to have some activity on the Forum.

For a while I had begun to wonder if the net was on the  no no list along with cards,dancing, movies and television.

St. Thomas Aquinas

Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Jan 09, 2010 - 12:13PM #10
Patty1932

Fundamental Baptist .We have Music & even have special music,we do have an Alter call ,we do use only KJV Bible,we do have Baptism by submersion.,We do have testimony calls,we do partake of Communionevery year,we have Easter services,Christmas services & special New Years services,we have a monthly fellowship dinner.We have visitation .We support Missionaries,our clothing is no different than other Churches.We honor our Fathers & Mothers on their special days.We welcome anyone who visits be they rich,poor,acholic ,we don't care what nationality you are if you are seeking the Lord as your Saviour

We have women teachers,women taking over Bible School,women planners for any social events at Church & lots of good cooks :-)

We love people, we honor our old people ,we LOVE new babies .

I hope this has helped some of you understand us.

We love the Lord & we aren't ashamed to let anyone know about him.You can accept the Lord at our Church & then choose which Church you want to be a member of it dosen't have to be us as long as you accept Jesus as you saviour.

God Bless you all

Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 1 of 2  •  1 2 Next

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook