Page 1 of 3  •  1 2 3 Next
7 years ago  ::  Dec 11, 2007 - 6:18PM #1
artemis01
From Preludium Blog:  Full Speed Ahead: Advent, Adventure and Train wrecks           

[QUOTE]                                                  There's a train wreck coming. We've all know it. There it is.

To the credit of the dissenters, notably the Anglican Communion Network, it is not as if it were hidden from view. Still it is an odd Advent, one that surely marks adventurous times where we see strange beasts and have unique adventures. Here is a announcement of the Common Cause Leadership Council meeting, published today by the ACN. It came by email at 3 PM (EST)

[QUOTE]"Dear Network,

The next major milestone in the development of Common Cause is next week, when the Common Cause Leadership Council gathers in Orlando, Florida on December 18 for its inaugural meeting. The Council comprises the head bishop, a clergy representative, and a lay representative from each Partner. This body represents Common Cause in all its fullness, and has the authority to do the work of the Partnership.

This is the organizing meeting of Common Cause, at which the assembly will elect its first officers and establish its initial committees and task forces. As such, December 18, 2007 will mark the formal beginning of a "separate ecclesiastical structure" in North America. Following this meeting, Common Cause will be in a place to seek official recognition from the Primates of our Communion.

We at the Network are pleased to have been given the Kingdom assignment of building unity among the Common Cause Partners. Thank you for sharing with us in this task, and please pray for our work next week.

Yours in Christ,
The Rev. Canon Daryl Fenton
Anglican Communion Network"                                 
[/QUOTE]

Of note is the fact that "December 18, 2007 will mark the formal beginning of a "separate ecclesiastical structure" in North America. Following this meeting, Common Cause will be in a place to seek official recognition from the Primates of our Communion."

Note that there is no mention of the Archbishop of Canterbury and no mention of the Anglican Consultative Council. The ABC invites to Lambeth and that is one way official recognition takes place - you get invited to the gathering. But they are not going there, since most of the CCP "head bishops" belong to groups clearly not invited. The Anglican Consultative Council votes new members in to the ACC, with approval from the member Churches by way of their Primates, but they are not going there either. The process is too long and some Primates might ask questions of some of the participating churches in the CCP.

No, they are going to "seek official recognition from the Primates of our Communion." It will be interesting to see how they will do that. Will they simply write the Primates and petition to be included? Will they petition for a special Primates Meeting to hear their petition? And, no matter how they do so will they be relying on the campaign for an Anglican Covenant that will give the Primates authority to act in this matter?
  [/QUOTE]     

But of course, this isn't orchestrated or anything.....

Well, I guess if you're somebody who will do just about anything to keep the gay menace away, these are your kinda folks!

(I added the bolding above.)
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Dec 11, 2007 - 6:56PM #2
journeying
Of course, artemis, everyone knows that homos are the cause of all the troubles of the world.  The pope said so.  Read it here.  I do wonder, however, what he and celibacy have done for the family and world peace.

Shel
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Dec 11, 2007 - 7:12PM #3
rmatth
[QUOTE=journeying;132559]Of course, artemis, everyone knows that homos are the cause of all the troubles of the world.  The pope said so.  Read it here.  I do wonder, however, what he and celibacy have done for the family and world peace.

Shel[/QUOTE]

And all this time I thought women were the cause of all the troubles of the world. Original Sin and all.
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Dec 11, 2007 - 7:14PM #4
RJMcElwain
[QUOTE=artemis01;132459]From Preludium Blog:  Full Speed Ahead: Advent, Adventure and Train wrecks           

But of course, this isn't orchestrated or anything.....

Well, I guess if you're somebody who will do just about anything to keep the gay menace away, these are your kinda folks!

(I added the bolding above.)[/QUOTE]

[FONT="Garamond"][COLOR="Purple"]It's not about that. It's about power, arrogance and $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$,  or more precisely, buildings.:cool:[/COLOR][/FONT]
Robert J. McElwain

"The strongest reason for people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government." (Supposedly)Thomas Jefferson

"He who is not angry when there is just cause for anger is immoral."
St. Thomas Aquinas

One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors. Plato
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Dec 11, 2007 - 7:41PM #5
hujusmodi
"Gay Menace" "Gay Agenda" I'm really flummoxed by the "Gay Agenda". Do they follow Robert's Rules??
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Dec 11, 2007 - 8:11PM #6
rmatth
Rt. Rev. Sergio Carranza, (former Bishop of the Diocese of Mexico) - "It is very sad indeed to see how our beloved Anglican Communion is being rent asunder by an unholy combination of gross ambition, bad hermeneutics, poor ecclesiology, conservative money and plain homophobia."
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Dec 11, 2007 - 8:16PM #7
artemis01

journeying wrote:

Of course, artemis, everyone knows that homos are the cause of all the troubles of the world.  The pope said so.  Read it here.  I do wonder, however, what he and celibacy have done for the family and world peace.

Shel

That is truly sickening.   

No wonder the churches are emptying out - and thank God!    Shows peoples' good sense.

Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Dec 11, 2007 - 8:55PM #8
ToujoursDan
Pffttt... That's because the Latin Americans have decided he is full of crap on this issue too.

There was an article in the NY Times (and elsewhere) about Argentina opening a gay hotel and hosting an international gay soccer tournament which discussed the breathtaking transformation of Argentine attitudes regarding gays. Last week a civil unions bill passed in Uruguay. A few months again a civil unions bill passed in Colombia (under a conservative government) but was blocked by a parliamentary manoeuvre in the Senate; many observers think it will be reintroduced and pass next year. Chavez of Venezuela is kissing up to the gay community to shore up his popularity (Gay rights protections were part of the defeated referendum)  and Peru, Chile (which is also debating a civil unions bill and has a quasi-closeted lesbian president Michelle Bachelet), Brazil and other parts of South America are also becoming more gay friendly (which are parts of the "Southern Cone" that the schismatics are cozying up to.)

To a great degree that RCC only has itself to blame. They supported to some of the worst right-wing regimes in Latin America: Pinochet, the Argentine Brazilian and Uruguayan juntas, etc. which committed gross human rights violations and turned people against them.

(EDIT: There are several links to articles in my post.)
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Dec 11, 2007 - 6:56PM #9
journeying

Shel
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Dec 11, 2007 - 7:12PM #10
rmatth
[QUOTE=journeying;132559]Of course, artemis, everyone knows that homos are the cause of all the troubles of the world.  The pope said so.  Read it here.  I do wonder, however, what he and celibacy have done for the family and world peace.

Shel[/QUOTE]

And all this time I thought women were the cause of all the troubles of the world. Original Sin and all.
Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 1 of 3  •  1 2 3 Next

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook