Important Announcement

See here for an important message regarding the community which has become a read-only site as of October 31.

Page 3 of 3  •  Prev 1 2 3
Switch to Forum Live View On a Similar Note...
10 years ago  ::  Jan 01, 2008 - 11:46AM #21
Catherinelady
As a catholic, I am in big trouble. I work in research and development for new drugs. Oh well, it pays the bills.
Quick Reply
Cancel
10 years ago  ::  Jan 01, 2008 - 2:49PM #22
Shaner

Catherinelady wrote:

As a catholic, I am in big trouble. I work in research and development for new drugs. Oh well, it pays the bills.

Hello Catherinelady and welcome to the Forum! 

Why do you think you're in trouble?  We need research and Development for new drugs!  I think its an honorable job and the work you and others are doing is very much needed!

I don't see a conflict with your job and being Catholic,

Sandy

"Lord, to whom shall we go?  You have the Words of Eternal Life"
"Philippians 4:13. "I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me."
Quick Reply
Cancel
10 years ago  ::  Nov 27, 2007 - 7:39PM #23
friendofsaints&angels
After mass on sunday I went to a couple of stores to see if I could find an outdoor nativiy scene. The first store I went to was lowes theyre kind of a giant hardware/ home improvement store comparable to menards or home depot. When I walked in the store I seen a hundred different santas, and about that many different snowmen and reign deers, But no nativity scenes. after searching for a while I found a very small indoor nativity scene for the top of a fire place but that was all.  As I was leaving the store, I stopped and asked a woman at the customer service counter why they didn't have any nativity scenes to wich she replied and I quote. I don't know we used to carry alot of that nativity crap. If that wasn't enough for one day I decided that I would stop at a kmart to see if I would have better luck. They did have one nativity scene but it was plastic, and looked like the first 5 mph wind would blow it away, and they wanted 50 dollars for it. So I decided to look around a little more with no luck. One thing that i did notice though when I was still looking around was there were no CHRISTMAS TREES. I seen mountain trees, laurel trees, holiday trees, etc. has the world lost its mind? does anybody remember what christmas is about anymore? I admit that I'm a sinner, But even when I was up to my neck in sin I still used to think about christmas as being the day that Jesus was born. Does anybody else have an experience like this that they would want to share? GOD bless you all and MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!!!
Quick Reply
Cancel
10 years ago  ::  Nov 30, 2007 - 6:36PM #24
friendofsaints&angels
Sorry I jumped into your post with that I thought I was creating a new post.
Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 3 of 3  •  Prev 1 2 3

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook