Important Announcement

See here for an important message regarding the community which has become a read-only site as of October 31.

Switch to Forum Live View How Do We Get Wisdom
10 years ago  ::  Nov 12, 2007 - 12:58PM #1
ittakestime
God's Wisdom comes through Jesus and the Holy Spirit.
We must seek God for it's an impartation process.
God empowers Jesus.
Jesus empowers the Holy Spirit.
The Holy Spirit empowers us with wisdom as we spend time in the presence of God. As we spend time seeking His face and blessing His name wisdom flows out of a process of Godly wisdom.

Ask the Lord for the Spirits Wisdom to lead you to the right kinds of oportunities and to solve complicated problems
It seems when others are not able to come up with an answer, the Spirit often gives a solution when there seems to be no way out of the problem.

ittakestime
Quick Reply
Cancel
10 years ago  ::  Nov 22, 2007 - 10:20PM #2
Maile
[QUOTE=ittakestime;63051]God's Wisdom comes through Jesus and the Holy Spirit.
We must seek God for it's an impartation process.
God empowers Jesus.
Jesus empowers the Holy Spirit.
The Holy Spirit empowers us with wisdom as we spend time in the presence of God. As we spend time seeking His face and blessing His name wisdom flows out of a process of Godly wisdom.

Ask the Lord for the Spirits Wisdom to lead you to the right kinds of oportunities and to solve complicated problems
It seems when others are not able to come up with an answer, the Spirit often gives a solution when there seems to be no way out of the problem.

ittakestime[/QUOTE]

Yes, it's very important to spend time in the presence of the Lord because a relationship needs to be cultivated and our relationship with the Lord is so important. The way I understand wisdom from the bible is this: we need to know God's word, that is where we get wisdom. Fear of the Lord comes from knowing God's word and His precepts, laws etc... which leads to wisdom. I think it's in James where it talks about Godly or Heavenly wisdom and wisdom of the world. Of course we want Godly wisdom and yes, I do believe the Holy Spirit plays a part in all of this. It's a process of getting to know God more and more.

This is my first post so if something doesn't look "right".... anyways God bless..........
Quick Reply
Cancel
10 years ago  ::  Dec 16, 2007 - 3:22PM #3
spudette
I think it's not enough to know God's precepts. You also need to follow them. Satan knows God's precepts very well, but it doesn't do him any good because he sure doesn't follow them, does he? :-)
Quick Reply
Cancel
9 years ago  ::  Aug 13, 2008 - 1:58AM #4
URK(S.B.)
James 1:5
If any of you lack wisdom, let him ask of God, that giveth to all men liberally, and upbraideth not; and it shall be given him.
Quick Reply
Cancel
9 years ago  ::  Aug 13, 2008 - 12:40PM #5
UwishUwereMe
Biblical wisdom is so much more comforting to me than any earthly wisdom.  I so cherich the New Testament, I am humbled to think that someone so MIGHTY as Jesus would be so interested in someone so small as myself.  I really enjoyed reading this thread.  It is true the only REAL answers(wisdom) come from God, Jesus teaches/taught us that wisdom, and the Holy Spirit confirms the answers. 

God Bless
Quick Reply
Cancel
9 years ago  ::  Dec 23, 2008 - 11:58PM #6
satchmo
Proverbs says quite often;  "THE FEAR OF THE LORD IS THE BEGINNING OF WISDOM"
Quick Reply
Cancel
9 years ago  ::  Dec 27, 2008 - 2:42PM #7
Lookbeyond
QUOTE: James 1:5
If any of you lack wisdom, let him ask of God, that giveth to all men liberally, and upbraideth not; and it shall be given him.

We should not think that because we ask we will receive wisdom...unless we ask in faith nothing wavering, For he that wavereth is like a wave of the sea, driven with the wind and tossed. 7. For let not that man think that he shall receive any thing of the Lord.

If we seek wisdom and we ask God to direct us, we must believe Him and trust in His word, and exercise our faith in His ability to communicate truth to us, not doubting the source from whence it comes. If we are convinced already in our minds certain Churches are false and do not teach truth, then our faith is lacking. We must look for truth in all Churches.....and then seek the truth of The Church of Jesus Christ as it was taught and as it was organized when Christ walked the earth.  If we lived when there were Apostles and Prophets upon the earth and we had questions concerning religion and our salvation......would we not seek out those leaders who were given to the Church for it's edification?  Ephesians 4:11-14 tells us they were given for the perfecting of the saints....until we all come in the unity of the faith, and of the knowledge of the Son of God, unto a perfect man, unto the measure of the stature of the fulness of Christ: 14. That we henceforth be no more children, tossed to and fro, and carried about with every wind of doctrine, by the sleight of men, and cunning craftiness, whereby they lie in wait to deceive:........

If we want wisdom and to find truth, we will study the scriptures; learn of Christ's Church as He organized it, and then seek to find that Church upon the earth today!

A young boy once had the same desire to gain wisdom so he sought out Socrates in the marketplace. When he found him he asked his question: "How may I find wisdom?" Socrates looked at the young boy and said nothing. He took him by the hand and led him to the seashore where he walked into the water with him and put the young boy's head under the water until he passed out! Socrates took the young boy back up onto the sand and left him there. When the young boy recovered he was stunned at Socrates actions and sought him out in the marketplace once more. When he found Socrates he asked him the meaning of his actions. Socrates replied: "What did you want most when your head was under the water?" The young boy replied, "air".....Socrates then told him that when he wanted wisdom as badly as he wanted air at that moment, he would not have to come to him for the answers.

Wisdom comes from life's experiences and the choices we make! If we choose to follow the "wisdom" of the wise men of our time, we will find ourselves confused and lost.....for does not the scripture tell us that "the wisdom of their wisemen shall perish" in the Light of truth as it is found! Truth has been restored in its fullness to the earth! There is no need to cling to fragments of truth found in the various denominations of Christianity.
The fragments cannot bring us salvation and exaltation in the Kingdom of God!  He who is wise will seek to know and understand these truths.....but he must, in faith, nothing wavering, search to know truth.....and his faith will invite the Holy Ghost to testify of the truth when it is found.
Quick Reply
Cancel

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook