Page 6 of 8  •  Prev 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next
Switch to Forum Live View
Sticky: Prayer Requests
4 years ago  ::  Nov 03, 2010 - 12:20PM #51
Issabhandhu12

Greetings Kerygma!

Your timing couldn't have been better.  Providence.  I have just come home, so tired from time with Mom.  I felt blue, and you have truly lifted me.   Thank you.

Prayers have been Answered.  Though mom is facing Old Age in it's takings, she has solidly captured her mind, and only suffers the aches of age.  Who could ask for better. 

I believe in the power of prayer.

I let as many believer's as are in my associated scope know of my needs laid before God.

He answered, and so far, a good christian stay in her old age comes to my Mother.

I will send you my mother's name privately.

your servant,  Issa..

Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Nov 04, 2010 - 10:45PM #52
Kerygma

We are praying for Issa's mother. I remember reading a story years ago by Fr Alexey Young detailing the passing of his elderly mother. He asked the Lord to take her quickly but she lingered on. Evidently his mother had been somewhat difficult during her lifetime and Fr Alexey watched as the weeks and then months began to change her... to soften her... as she prepared to meet the Lord. He recognized the Lord's will in allowing her to go through some suffering in order to shape her into a prized vessel of His. She passed from this life in peace.

We will pray that the Lord have mercy upon your mother and upon her family and that His will be done which is always best for our lives even though we might object at the time. God bless.

Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Nov 07, 2010 - 10:18AM #53
Kerygma

Issa, when you have an opportunity, please give us an update on how things are going with your dear mother. We are praying for you both.

Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Nov 28, 2010 - 8:29PM #54
Issabhandhu12

Kerygma,

My mother is stable, for her situation.  Age is a funny thing.  Mom does not suffer many bad conditions of her body; so to see her age rather naturally is interesting.  To see how long she will continue.  She is adequately active and very alert.  So far so good.  Our month long crisis is over.

Thank you all again for prayers, both past and continued.

ys, Issa..

Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Nov 30, 2010 - 10:34PM #55
Kerygma

Very good news, Issa. Thanks for the update.

Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Dec 15, 2010 - 9:06AM #56
Xapisma

Friends, I would like to ask your prayers.

I had a liver and kidney transplant about 4 and a half years ago. The transplants are doing well, but I am having some problems with the fistula which was created in order to undergo dialysis prior to the transplant. I will be seeing my doctor today (Dec 15) about it. It will likely require some minor surgery.

"Lord, in your mercy, hear our prayers."

Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Dec 15, 2010 - 11:43PM #57
Kerygma

I'm coming on this prayer request a bit late, Charlie. I'll pray for you this evening. Keep us updated.

If you ever want to contact me privately, go through:

leushino "at" hotmail "dot" (no spam) "com"

James

Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Dec 26, 2010 - 9:14AM #58
Xapisma

Thank you for your concern and prayers, James.

The doctor visit went well. I will be seeing the vascular surgeon on Jan 4th. It is a simple procedure which he might be able to do in the office. It basically involves tying off a blood vessel.

Charlie

Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Dec 27, 2010 - 1:53PM #59
Kerygma

Good to hear, Charlie. Will continue to pray. God bless.

Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Jan 15, 2011 - 12:49PM #60
Xapisma

Update: The dr. appointment was rescheduled for Jan 31.  The procedure isn't life critical, but will fix something that is annoying and occasionally painful.

And I will be visiting family in Memphis Jan 19-24. My neice is getting married, and they have asked me to preside at the wedding. [There are some interesting family dynamics which have the potential to be awkward. My sister divorced about 25 years ago, and my neice has invited her father to come. Sister has not seen or spoken to her Ex since 1995. It could prove... interesting.]

Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 6 of 8  •  Prev 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook