7 years ago  ::  Nov 15, 2007 - 2:10PM #11
LutherMan
Tom, I know what you mean...
Email the link to yourself.
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Nov 15, 2007 - 6:33PM #12
TOMinAZ
Click. Skip ad. Is this it? No, go back. Skip ad. Click. Ah, I think that's it. Skip ad. Click. Uh, which category now? That one! Click. Skip ad. Oops, wrong one. Backtrack. Skip ad. Oh, that one. Click. Ok. Now, is it... Click. Nope, backtrack. Skip ad. Ok, which one was it before...that one? Click. Skip ad. OK,  oh, Faith Communities, yeah that's it. Click. Skip ad. Click . Click.
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Nov 15, 2007 - 6:53PM #13
Sakhaiva
[QUOTE=TOMinAZ;72054]Click. Skip ad. Is this it? No, go back. Skip ad. Click. Ah, I think that's it. Skip ad. Click. Uh, which category now? That one! Click. Skip ad. Oops, wrong one. Backtrack. Skip ad. Oh, that one. Click. Ok. Now, is it... Click. Nope, backtrack. Skip ad. Ok, which one was it before...that one? Click. Skip ad. OK,  oh, Faith Communities, yeah that's it. Click. Skip ad. Click . Click.[/QUOTE]

This is very similar to me trying to post in the Paul group I'm participating in.... it took me *over an hour* to get the format right in bnet.... log in, copy from word, paste into thread ... no its wrong, cut, reformat paste ... now I'm logged out... log in, copy, cut, stick in word, format, what the.... copy, skip ad, paste.. gaaaaaaaaa!!!!

How are we to maintain our aura of brilliance?
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Nov 15, 2007 - 10:49PM #14
longtimelutheran
Yeah -- it's been an interesting experience in getting from here to there.  I really wish that we were back with the "old" boards, easier navigation, etc.  Guess this is progress?
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Nov 15, 2007 - 11:18PM #15
TOMinAZ
I did data entry for 15 years, and now I'm in a technical field, so I'm not some Luddite, but Jumpin' Je-hoppin'-hosephat I can't find this when I'm not home and bookmarked. Tonight, two clicks and I'm in.
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Nov 16, 2007 - 1:55AM #16
DonTheNorski
Good to know I'm not the ony one who despises all those ads!

I have contacted the advertisers and Beliefnet as well, and told them plainly that I would under no circumstances purchase something from a firm that caused me such a pain! 

May I suggest that, unless you all are inspired by these ads to subscribe to Netflix and purchase menopausal supplements, you join me in my quest and communicate your disatisfaction appropriately.
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Nov 16, 2007 - 6:49PM #17
DustyLady
Maybe I'm just strange, but I don't have any problem ignoring those ads.  They're such an annoyingly integral part of several other sites I frequent, so I just automatically scroll down to where I can't see them.

Dusty
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Nov 17, 2007 - 10:39PM #18
DonTheNorski
I see that my pop-up blocker does work.  Very well, indeed.  However, the pop-ups are still a pain in the behind -- nobody should have to put up with that crap. And, the advertisers and the sites that promote them need to know that people find them offensive, with the ads having the exact opposite affect of what the intention was. I wouldn't want to post an ad that had people actively wondering "How in heck do I get rid of this darn thing?"
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Nov 18, 2007 - 6:33AM #19
DustyLady
I don't see the pop-ups at all.  I would never have known this site had them if it hadn't been mentioned here.  But I know from past experience on other sites, they are annoying.

Dusty
Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 2 of 2  •  Prev 1 2

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook