Page 2 of 2  •  Prev 1 2
Switch to Forum Live View All Saints Sunday... Text Study
6 years ago  ::  Nov 03, 2007 - 11:53AM #11
PXSeeker
Isn't amazing how we worry even though we know we all fall short!  As I contemplate the message here I think we are called to serve the "blessed ones".

Instead of creating a caste of untouchables, Christ calls the neediest, the most destitute, the people we'd like to avoid, "blessed".  Perhaps that is a way of helping us get over our own inhibitions. So that we reach out and help them.

My advice is to worry so much about what you're not doing: we all have many demands on our time and lives.  But when you do give of yourself, make that experience a  full positive one.  Remember everything you do, everyone you meet, is an opportunity to give witness.

Peace,
John
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Nov 03, 2007 - 12:19PM #12
Sakhaiva
[QUOTE=ericksdahl;42228]

I struggle in my journey as well.  As my business has become successful... it seems to consume a lot of my time ( I enjoy the business!)  but I do my best to make time for other people and my church.  My real struggle is as my family gets older (both kids in high school looking to college) the cost of living grows and I feel that I short change my church with the money I give to it...it is not easy!!!

![/QUOTE]

A good example of the common struggle.  I was considering the verse about those who are meek... the meek depend upon and rely upon God to give them all that they have..... where as I feel that I make my world go around.  Ie, if I don't do [a, b, c and d] today, then we won't get [x].... while God is always there, in my mind's eye, sometimes all I can see is, well, me. 

I remember working for a man who let a certain customer get nearly a million dollars out there (past due) which is .... not smart business but I digress.... and one day he said to me that he couldn't sleep; it was about to end his life and ruin the lives of his children.  I reminded him that while this goes into the 'not good' category - he was still breathing.  His children were healthy.  Life is more that this....

Our positions and possessions do not define who we are.

Shalom
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Nov 03, 2007 - 10:38PM #13
ericksdahl
Hey thanks for the thoughts… keep on sharing.  I have posted my sermon on my home page. 

Grace & Peace!
Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 2 of 2  •  Prev 1 2

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook