Important Announcement

See here for an important message regarding the community which has become a read-only site as of October 31.

Page 1 of 3  •  1 2 3 Next
10 years ago  ::  Oct 30, 2007 - 1:17PM #1
danman916
Well, I , for one, am glad that they have given a board for Catholics not of the latin rite.

Hope people post here!
Quick Reply
Cancel
10 years ago  ::  Oct 31, 2007 - 9:17PM #2
Michael_Thoma
Hi Dan!

I think the new format is going to take some getting used to.

Hope you're well!

Blessings of the Trinity and protection of the Theotokos be with you!
Quick Reply
Cancel
10 years ago  ::  Nov 05, 2007 - 1:48PM #3
danman916
Thank you Michael!

I hope that we can get posters to find this board. The old board was pretty slow, but every once in a while there was interesting discussions there.

Hopefully, we can have that here too.
Quick Reply
Cancel
10 years ago  ::  Nov 05, 2007 - 1:48PM #4
danman916
Thank you Michael!

I hope that we can get posters to find this board. The old board was pretty slow, but every once in a while there was interesting discussions there.

Hopefully, we can have that here too.
Quick Reply
Cancel
10 years ago  ::  Nov 10, 2007 - 3:27PM #5
Mareczku
Hi Dan and Michael:  Just checking in to say hi.  It doesn't seem like that many men are posting on the new forums yet.  The Catholic men section has disappeared and it seems like it didn't have much action in recent months.  I have family that were raised in the Eastern Rite but we don't have many Eastern Rite Catholics in our area and most just attend the local Latin Rite churches.  Have a great day.

PEACE - MARECZKU
Quick Reply
Cancel
10 years ago  ::  Nov 11, 2007 - 6:36PM #6
Mareczku
I have a different story.  My aunt was Polish and my uncle was Lemko/Ukrainian.  My aunt was raised in the Latin Rite and my uncle in the Eastern rite.  After they were married they attended the Latin rite church.  My aunt was very devout.  She attended Mass every Sunday and often went to daily Mass.  My cousin was baptized, received First Communion, had religious educaiton  and was confirmed in the Latin rite church.  She attended Mass every Sunday at the Latin rite church.  When she was engaged to be married the priest (on old school Irish priest) told her to get married in the Eastern rite church because her father was born in the Eastern rite (even though he was a supporting member of the parish and went to Mass every Sunday).  Also the Eastern rite church was in her neighborhood.  The priest eventually agreed to perform the ceremony  but since the groom was Methodist he would not let them have a church wedding but married them in the rectory.  My cousin and her husband have been married over 40 years now.  I am thankful that they are both faithful Catholics and didn't let an ignorant priest drive them away from the faith. 

PEACE - MARECZKU
Quick Reply
Cancel
10 years ago  ::  Nov 11, 2007 - 6:36PM #7
Mareczku
I have a different story.  My aunt was Polish and my uncle was Lemko/Ukrainian.  My aunt was raised in the Latin Rite and my uncle in the Eastern rite.  After they were married they attended the Latin rite church.  My aunt was very devout.  She attended Mass every Sunday and often went to daily Mass.  My cousin was baptized, received First Communion, had religious educaiton  and was confirmed in the Latin rite church.  She attended Mass every Sunday at the Latin rite church.  When she was engaged to be married the priest (on old school Irish priest) told her to get married in the Eastern rite church because her father was born in the Eastern rite (even though he was a supporting member of the parish and went to Mass every Sunday).  Also the Eastern rite church was in her neighborhood.  The priest eventually agreed to perform the ceremony  but since the groom was Methodist he would not let them have a church wedding but married them in the rectory.  My cousin and her husband have been married over 40 years now.  I am thankful that they are both faithful Catholics and didn't let an ignorant priest drive them away from the faith. 

PEACE - MARECZKU
Quick Reply
Cancel
10 years ago  ::  Nov 14, 2007 - 7:36PM #8
Mareczku
Dzien dobry.  Just checking in to say hi and see if anyone was here today.  Have a good day everyone. 

MARECZKU
Quick Reply
Cancel
10 years ago  ::  Nov 20, 2007 - 9:43AM #9
bobrsnk
Hi I'm new here. I was raised in the Latin Rite, but have been drawn to the Eastern Rite. Unfortunatly there are no Eastern Rite Churches in my area.

I was very hopeful when the Pope made it easier for parishes to use the Traditional Latin Mass. But in my area the priest has paid no attention to the requests.

So I am stuck. I may end up making the 2 hour trip to an Eastern Rite Church.
Quick Reply
Cancel
10 years ago  ::  Nov 22, 2007 - 12:54AM #10
rjak134
[QUOTE=bobrsnk;82611]Hi I'm new here. I was raised in the Latin Rite, but have been drawn to the Eastern Rite. Unfortunatly there are no Eastern Rite Churches in my area.

I was very hopeful when the Pope made it easier for parishes to use the Traditional Latin Mass. But in my area the priest has paid no attention to the requests.

So I am stuck. I may end up making the 2 hour trip to an Eastern Rite Church.[/QUOTE]

I'm on a similar page to you, although I was not raised in the Church.  I converted quite recently (received this Easter), but I've been attracted to Eastern expressions of the Faith for several years, and I regularly go to an Eastern Orthodox student group at my college (not considering becoming Orthodox or anything).  I deeply love the Eastern liturgy, and go whenever I can to the Byzantine parish that's about a half-hour drive from where I live.  Trouble is, I don't have a car, so a half-hour drive is actually quite a long ways, so I can only go when I convince someone else to come too.

I also hope, as you do, to see more implementation of the motu proprio.  I think right now it's too early to tell, as it's just be promulgated, priests who want to do the Latin mass need to be trained, episcopal opposition overcome, parishes that want it identified, etc.  It'll take time, but God willing, we'll see some fruit of it within the coming years.
Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 1 of 3  •  1 2 3 Next

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook