Important Announcement

See here for an important message regarding the community which has become a read-only site as of October 31.

Page 6 of 13  •  Prev 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 13 Next
Switch to Forum Live View Music Clips and Videos
10 years ago  ::  Jun 24, 2008 - 10:32PM #51
smallson
Hi guys and gals!

I was hoping to give a response tonight, but it's getting late and i'm tired.Just thought I'd give a little hello for now.
Quick Reply
Cancel
10 years ago  ::  Jun 26, 2008 - 10:25PM #52
butterflynews11
Smallson, you're needing a vacation from your vacation, huh? (just kidding)
Sometimes takes awhile getting back into the swing of things as I'm assuming you're tired from the increase in hours. Are you taking any vitamins? I found that they really do help increase energy. I've done a lot of research years ago and experimented with different vitamins, herbs and minerals and found the combination that helps boost my energy level. But the key is to continue taking them on a daily basis - which I hadn't been doing but am slowly starting again to get my system used to taking them.
If you'd like, try chromium picolinate, kelp and siberian (or korean) ginseng. (Siberian ginseng has a higher potency and is a little more expensive, but korean ginseng works well, too)

I just wasted $60.00 on a new anti-depressant medication that didn't work for me - as usual. And so the alternative route actually comes out cheaper in the long run since my energy level goes up, which in turn helps me feel better emotionally, too.
Today, I just got some frankincense essential oil and am going to use it for massage since aromatherapy helps produce relaxation.
When doing some research on massage and how it affects the brain, I came across this article that explains why I feel a 'flood of good chemicals' hit my brain when I get a massage. (that's how I describe it).

'Definitive Evidence that TRPV3 is a temperature sensor':

http://www.news-medical.net/?id=8180

If the link doesn't come up, just key in the title because I think this is a most important article having to do with healing of the brain from emotional stress that science says is caused from a chemical imbalance in the brain. But TRPV3 comes from the skin that react to the brain sensories which in turn helps reduce stress when the skin is massaged! So this explains why I could feel 'the good chemicals' having a positive impact on my brain whenever I got a massage!

Well back to topic!

Hi Dawn!
Yvette, I have been looking for that song "Jesus Is Coming Again" for years with no idea who performed it or how to find it!  I used to hear it on the radio in Columbus all the time and I love it.  Wouldn't you know though it is out of print.  Maybe I can scare up a copy somewhere online.

The song can be found on the 'Live From Australia' cd which is still in stock. I have that cd and the song is over 8 minutes long,, the same song as off the 'Women in Worship' cd.

http://www.vineyardmusic.com/usa/script … Product=93

The flute and fiddle sound so good together. The flute frames the fiddle with a softening touch as the fiddle provides an upbeat feel, thereby producing a happy-go-lucky celebatory combination.

What is your church like?  The local Vineyard here is tiny and doesn't even have it's own facility--rents space in a Jewish temple!

That is just so fantastic where your church is located! Is temple non-Messianic or Messianic? Just wondering because my church had hooked up with a Messianic Jewish congregation. If your church is renting from a non-Messianic group, that is so beautiful, too, to see Jew and Gentile put aside their differences and come together. But there are organizations where reconciliation has taken place, and God must be so pleased with that.

There is a predominantly student congregation consisting of mostly Yale students, so at least it is a lively group.  The worship committee  consists of about 4 people, but the director is a musical genius.
It turns out, I went to high school with the Pastor.  Kind of makes it feel weird to listen to him preach now.  He was quite a hellraiser in his youth!

My local congregation has mostly baby boomers. Seems the elderly folks are more attuned to the traditional/liturgical style of doing church.

What a small world, isn't it? Wonder if he's going to be on his 'best behavior' now. lol (just kidding) So interesting how that happened. God works in mysterious ways!

Hi DAH (and everyone)!
Did you hear that Ira Tucker just passed away? Read here:

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/06/26/arts/ … ref=slogin

He's flew to be with the Lord now, God bless him. He'll be missed. What a voice with so much emotion. Wonder if the Dixie Hummingbirds will have a tribute if any of them are still

You seem to like quartets. They have wonderful harmonies. Paul Antunes sings beautiful opera. Did I detect some Latin?
Wonder if he's a barotone or second tenor. Probably second tenor. He's definitely not first tenor.
The traditional music accompanied his beautiful smooth voice.

What awesome harmonies by Omega Quartet! The harmonics resonated all around me.
Traditional music is genius especially when it's done right. As with any style, if the musicianship is lacking in skill, plus with no soul, ay yai yai! :^O

a little off topic sidenote: (squeamishly asking again...) Please direct me on how to post icons, pics and animations. Thanks.

Hey Smallson, Ira Tucker & The Dixie Hummingbirds are right up your alley!

Well gonna be working on some compilations. Have a great night my fellow Grapesters in VineyardWONDERFULland!

Love,
Yvette
Quick Reply
Cancel
10 years ago  ::  Jun 26, 2008 - 10:30PM #53
butterflynews11
Dawn, over the last ten years or so, (at least when I started attending) services were held at different church, then moved to a storefront. And now our church is located in a ballroom (the coral room as it's actually called) at a motel.

See ya!
Quick Reply
Cancel
10 years ago  ::  Jun 26, 2008 - 10:43PM #54
smallson
[QUOTE=DawnD13;580694]Lemme try this again...those B'net gremlins just ate my post....
Hi Yvette and Smallson.  You two seem to be the only ones posting on this thread, so I'll "chime" in with my 2 cents worth.

Yvette, I have been looking for that song "Jesus Is Coming Again" for years with no idea who performed it or how to find it!  I used to hear it on the radio in Columbus all the time and I love it.  Wouldn't you know though it is out of print.  Maybe I can scare up a copy somewhere online.

Smallson, you seem to be quite the outdoorsy type person.  Sounds like you were in a lovely area...was it Canada?  Where are you from?  I am in CT where it has been sunny all day and rainy all night, every night for over a week!   AAACCCCKKKKKK!  At least we have had some sun (or should I say "Son"?)

What is your church like?  The local Vineyard here is tiny and doesn't even have it's own facility--rents space in a Jewish temple!  There is a predominantly student congregation consisting of mostly Yale students, so at least it is a lively group.  The worship committee  consists of about 4 people, but the director is a musical genius.
It turns out, I went to high school with the Pastor.  Kind of makes it feel weird to listen to him preach now.  He was quite a hellraiser in his youth!
I'd love to trade some music clips, etc. with both of you.  What do you particularly enjoy?

DawnD13
[/QUOTE]

Hi Dawn!

Yes I love the outdoors, though alot of my time is spent indoors (work, sleep, eat, beliefnet, etc).

I'm from Woodstock, Ontario (Canada), which is maybe about 1 and a half hours from Toronto.Newfoundland (the place of my vacation) is a province of Canada that is north east of me.

The church I go to is a very small fellowship.The music is typicaly based around acoustic guitar, electric keyboard, drums and congas.Basicaly on the mellower side, though we sometimes get some really good rhythms going on the drums and congas.Occasionaly a Native Indian drum beat finds it's way into the mix.

So your from Cincinnati? I was near that area atleast once, attending a very lively New Years service in Columbus (Rod Parsley's church.Not Vineyard!)

My own musical taste leans heavily toward alternative (the real stuf) and music that is unique or left field.I enjoy both electronic music styles and some types of more traditional music such as old blues.

I don't listen to tons of worship type music at home, but hear are two  worship music clips from Chris Stahlke and Heidi Lichti (who attend Jubilee Christian Fellowship, the church that planted our church):

http://www.jubileecf.ca/imprint%20cd.htm

Unfortunately the music clips are very short, but thought you might enjoy them.

PS. Yvette I havn't forgoten ya, will get back to you eventualy...
Quick Reply
Cancel
10 years ago  ::  Jun 26, 2008 - 11:01PM #55
butterflynews11
Alllllrighty then! :^D
Quick Reply
Cancel
10 years ago  ::  Jun 28, 2008 - 7:29AM #56
Dawnd13
hello!  sorry i haven't been on to write at least.  i'm really sick of the bnet gremlins and every post i've written for the past few days got eaten at least once.  anyhoo...actually, smallson, i'm originally from here in CT, but I spent 10 years in the Columbus, OH area.  In fact, i lived about a mile and a half from R.Parsley's church.  i kinda lost all respect for him when a dear friend of mine who ran the largest central ohio gun store told me he dropped about $5 grand in one fell swoop to purchase a bunch of handguns.  That really weirded me out.  Hunting rifles, I could see, but handguns?  I think that is just too creepy.  Plus, I think he is a tad too self righteous for my taste.  I went to his church once and made the mistake in sitting in a front row.  His native american name should be "Spits When He Talks!"  Yvette, I got a lovely email from the folks at Vineyard Music who recommended another cd with that song I've been looking for.  Yes, it is the long one with the lengthy instrumental part I'm looking for.  Thanks for the info as to another cd it's on.  It's been hot and humid here in CT the past few days, and we've had thunderstorms every night.  I don't think the local Vineyard is housed in a messianic temple, because they've told us not to touch anything!  I wish I could say that there is a joint effort there, but that is not the case.  Even the kitchen area is restricted.  So I don't go there very much.  I had been attending a non-denominational church nearby, but I'm a little put off by their acquisition of property, when I think so much more could be put into ministry to the poor.  At this point I'm kinda like a woman without a country and drift from church to church.  I've also attended a Church of Christ Congregational from time to time and know some of the people who attend there from way back in my youth.  They put a lot into ministry and I like that.  Not a slick fancy one like the other.  I'm so WYSIWYG and so I am more comfortable there.
My favorite type of music is contemporary Christian and really miss the great radio station in OH which played strictly that.  It is near impossible to find any in CT so I rely on the WOW series of CDs to keep me current!  Occasionally, I will stream the Ohio station on the web here, but I miss hearing it everyday.  My favorite  artists are Chris Rice, Rich Mullins, Mark Schultz, Newsong, Phillips, Craig & Dean, Twila Paris, Point of Grace, and 4Him.
Well, I'd better get going before I lose this post altogether!  Be well and blessings to everyone.
DawnD13
DawnD13

Every day is a gift you've been given; Make the most of the time every minute your're living.--Chris Rice
Quick Reply
Cancel
10 years ago  ::  Jun 28, 2008 - 10:56PM #57
smallson
Hay Dawn,

Ya I've had my posts eaten up before.Thankfuly it doesn't happen as often as it used to (think our computer has less glitches than it used to).Sometimes it probably is beliefnet's fault.Whatever the reason, I tend to lose my temper when it happens.

Rod Parsley's a pretty controversial guy I guess.Alot of people don't like him.5000 dollars for handguns? Not shure what he'd need that for.I haven't seen head or tail of him in awhile (don't follow his ministry that much).When I did go to his church I just went a youth group and some others of the fellowship I went to.

Hope you find the church that's right for you.
Quick Reply
Cancel
10 years ago  ::  Jun 28, 2008 - 10:59PM #58
smallson
[QUOTE=smallson;593915]Hay Dawn,

Ya I've had my posts eaten up before.Thankfuly it doesn't happen as often as it used to (think our computer has less glitches than it used to).Sometimes it probably is beliefnet's fault.Whatever the reason, I tend to lose my temper when it happens.

Rod Parsley's a pretty controversial guy I guess.Alot of people don't like him.5000 dollars for handguns? Not shure what he'd need that for.I haven't seen head or tail of him in awhile (don't follow his ministry that much).When I did go to his church I just went a youth group and some others of the fellowship I went to.

Hope you find the church that's right for you.[/QUOTE]

PS. I meant to say "I went with a youth group".
Quick Reply
Cancel
10 years ago  ::  Jun 30, 2008 - 5:49PM #59
smallson
Hi Yvette!

That was an interesting article on Ira Tucker & The Dixie Humingbird's.I haven't been exposed to alot of their tunes, though I definetly can relate to their style.Did I ever tell you about Larry Norman passing away last Febuary (he's commonly called the father of Christian rock as you may already know)? If I remember right it was also from a heart condition.

Anyway, someone called me for Supper.Continue later.....
Quick Reply
Cancel
10 years ago  ::  Jun 30, 2008 - 8:02PM #60
smallson
Continuing.... (I'm done Supper)....

The main reason I get tired is due to not getting to bed at the right time on a regular basis (more things I need or want to do than time to do it).Sometimes for instance I'll stay up on beliefnet or internet later than I should.There have however been times however where I have gone to bed on time and have had a hard time falling asleep or had spiritual attacks causing me to wake out of my sleep.Also there are times of the day I find it easier to sleep than others (afternoon and immediately after work being the easiest time to snooze).The later in the evening I leave it, the harder it is for me to get to sleep.

Personaly I don't think modern scientists always get their ideas right (some of it is just scientific theory or opinion as opposed to objective proven science).Does a chemical inbalance in the brain cause stress, or does stress cause a chemical inbalance in the brain, or is it a bit of both? I know for me that a lack of sleep (a physical condition) can cause or contribute to feelings of depression, so physical things in our body can effect our feelings.But the flip side is also true--feelings such as stress, anxiety, anger, worry, etc can physicaly effect our bodies, with such things as ulcers and other diseases.So why couldn't stress effect the brain or give it a chemical inbalance? Just a thought.

Anyway...back to the music & your earlier posts and links.....

The Rush song is pretty much hard rock, with a slight bit of reggae in one section of the song (I think they also did a reggaeish section or more in the Spirit Of Radio song).The color ball that accompanies the song is a nice effect.

I saw that backyard alligator (you tube video).You could roast some of your marshmellows and weiners on the backyard fire stick, and let the alligator have a little hot taste from the stick.Afterwards you could throw it down that nice stream you showed me from Chattahoochee Natural Forest!

Checked out the song clips at worshipmusic.com.My preference out of the 12 songs was the 9th, 10th and 11th tracks (you said the 9th track "I receive" was by Rita Springer.She clearly has some rock qualities in her voice.There's even a bit of gospel type organ in that song (or maybe it's keyboard made to sound like organ).

Also heard Marie Barnett again (not a bad thing).I understand why she is listed as alternative on myspace, along with pop and Christian.It's because her songs (atleast some of her songs) show some hints of the alternative sound.For instance, the song "Heavens Near" has a guitar sound that reminds me of The Innocence Mission's second album (a folky alternative pop type of sound).But the song leans a bit more to straight pop (for a lack of a better term) than alternative pop.I can also hear some Canadian influence on the song, with some nice echos of Sarah Mclachlan on the background vocal parts.A good song by the way.

The nice thing about Maria Barnett's brand of worship music is it really doesn't sound like worship music (in the typical way).I've heard alot of the current worship stuf on the local Christian station and most of it sounds trite and predictable, like a formula.She doesn't sound like that.She comes off both sincere and quality in her music, worshipfull yet good enough for secular radio play.

Concerning your question about the David Bowie song/video, it's just someone's video that they set to the song (from what I can remember).

I'm personaly confused about the Anglo Saxon term.The term (atleast the first word) would be related to the word "English" and thus the English language and England.Yet the term is commonly used of Britian as a whole, including the Irish, Welsh and Scottish who now speak the English langauge, but I thought they were originaly descendent from Celtic tribes as appossed to Anglo Saxon.If everything British is Anglo Saxon, than does that mean that the Gaelic language (non English/non Anglo) is somehow Anglo Saxon? Of course there's bound to have been alot of cross fertilization between Gaelic & Non Gaelic tribes in Britian, probably Anglo Saxon and Non-Anglo Saxon.That would perhaps explain why their accents and traditional music sounds alot the same, be it England, Scotland, Ireland, Or Wales, be it English speaking or Gaelic or whatever else.I personaly doubt the accuaracy of calling all Britians Anglo Saxon.

One time on a folk music board (primarily of British people) I asked what was the difference between Celtic music and English (Anglo Saxon).I was informed by them that Celtic music didn't even exist and they offered up their annoyance with the term.I'll try to give you a link to the discussion in the future.

Now for a few more you tube videos from me.This time I'll be focused on some Pentecostal drumming, to demonstrate that they don't all hold back on the drums or fear "rocking" (something discussed on another thread).While this has been a pattern in many Pentecostal churches (especialy white Pentecostals), it is also true that Pentecostals helped to inspire the rock beat in the first place.In the COGIC/Church of God In Christ denomination (predominately black American Pentecostals) holding back isn't exactly typical of them.Several you tube videos give evidence of this.Here's a few of them:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=78zB7f8Wz-A

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q-O5u1HIm5w

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e_x1JBxswBk

PS. When I mention "skipping" I meant deliberately skipping over tracks on a cd, where you skip it to the next track or other desired track.I wasn't refering to album skipping (soft voice).Just to clarify.
Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 6 of 13  •  Prev 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 13 Next

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook