Page 1 of 13  •  1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 13 Next
Switch to Forum Live View Music Clips and Videos
6 years ago  ::  Oct 29, 2007 - 9:13AM #1
butterflynews11
Hello Everyone!
This is a continuation from the old thread. Here's a link for all the music clips and videos that were put together and discussed for you to read and listen to in Worship unto the Lord. Enjoy!

http://www.beliefnet.com/boards/message … nID=562169 ">Music Clips and Videos pt. 1

God bless,
Yvette
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Oct 29, 2007 - 10:53AM #2
butterflynews11
Smallson,
I'm continuing the discussion from posts# 152 and 153 now, finally.

VCF Tampa videos/pictures ---My favourite pictures were those showing a river.Some very beautiful scenery.

Thanks, the scenery iis beautiful, and my pastor was saying the same thing. He said that tourists to Jamaica usually see that part of the island, but there are slums where the team from my local church went to to minister to the people living in those conditions.

Of the videos the second one jumped out at me the most (pun intended!) I had a tiny bit of a laugh when I first heard Van Halen's 'Jump' being played to peoples jumping.

A most appropriate song with which to advertise. lol The song would be great in a television commercial. It already may have been used, but I'm not really sure about that.

Jamaica Ska with Annette Funicello ---I think it is somewhat authentic to the ska sound (probably not perfectly).Ska like music in general tends to update it's sound over time.

Yeah the song sounded authentic enough, and the dancing on the beach seemed to be a Ska dance. So coupled with the modern culture, it was up-to-date. I was thinking that Ska was ws more on the lines of ethnic attire with Ska music and dance. But there's always a mix with the traditional and modern.

The music group she was with 'Fishbone' started off as a hardcore punk band.

Really? Wow, I'd like to hear about hardcore punk of the early 60s.

The Spanish videos ---The more contemperary kind of Spanish Christian music isn't my style (what I've heard so far), but I did enjoy the music of Rev. Rene Sahir.She is a very classy guitar player.

Hmm music is in the ear of the beholder, as I said before. Interesting, because it sounded authentic to me. But then again, that was the first time listening to Spanish Christian music.
Just so you'll know, Rev. Rene Sahir is a male. (soft tone)

(a little paraphrase here)Interesting guitar sounded like a marching drum.

Thought you'd catch that and like it! I hadn't known that a marching beat would be part of the playing, and you and I were just talking about the history of marching drums! Isn't that funny?

What else is possible on an acoustic? Hiphop break beats?

LOL! Hey, the guitar just may do that. It can if it were animated.
That would make a cute show. Sort of like Veggie Tales, but using musical instruments instead. H.R. Puffnstuff (sp) had a talking flute named Freddie. I used to love that show when I was a kid.

The Gipsy Kings were quite good too.Some of their singing style has a defenite Arabic/Islamic flair to it (eg. about the first 15 to 29 seconds of the Volare video).

Glad you like them. And speaking of t.v. commericals that I mentioned previously, unfortunately the song was used for the car commercial. But the song was by one of the crooners of the early years. Think it was either Bing Crosby or Dean Martin.

Pretty much the same singing style as that 15-29 second segment, can also be found in alot of black African music.I think the similarity is due to the impact that Islam has had in both Africa and Spain.But some modern African music is shaped by Latin American/Spanish sounds as well.

Yeah and some of the Moorish architecture can be seen in some of the buildings in Spain, as well. They were pretty influential since they ruled Spain for hundreds of years. But that was in the Middle Ages, and to this day, the sound is still heard in the cultural music.

Thought you'de like the Turkish marching clips I gave.As to whether there are any Russian influences on any of that music, I do hear some similarities in the singing.Looking at an outdated atlas at home, Turkey is located right beside Russia.So it's very possible that there's a connection

Interesting!

eastern roots of march music.It's not exactly the most known or easily available information.
Atleast it took me awhile to find it.

Doing a search can take time. For me, there's so much indirect info to a particular subject that I'm looking for, that it overwhelms me sometimes. lol

In his past writings Swaggert has insinuated that non western/eastern styles of music are evil (with the exception of Jewish), the whole idea that eastern music = eastern religion and is thus demonic inspired.But music with ties to Eastern music or other music he has called worldly crops up in his own tunes.

He's pretty uninformed then. Attaching demons to everything is not healthy either.
Reminds me of some Christians I knew years ago, before I started attending the Vineyard, who said the only secular music they listened to was country music. I've heard some of the lyrics to country music, and my goodness, they're pretty distasteful. And I've gone to country bars in times past. Goodnight, they're discusting.
There are plenty of rock songs that are perfectly fine, and yet they bashed rock music - and I was an adult at the time, not a child. Granted, with Christian kids, they need direction, especially these days. Being rigid won't help them. They'll only rebel. Explaning to kids that a lot of secular music (but not all) is not beneficial to their well-being, is the best way to go, imo. But by repeatedly saying 'don't do this, don't do that' , or telling them in a harsh tone, will not get the message across, again imo.
I brought this up because I heard a psychologist on talk radio last week talking about how kids say to him that their parents don't make them feel important. And at the same time, he has parents telling him that they're do everything they can for their children.
I don't know the exact cause for this lack of communication, but I believe these things are happening since Jesus said that in the last days parents would turn against their children and children against parents. Seems pretty obvious.

conti..
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Oct 29, 2007 - 1:00PM #3
butterflynews11
Sorry I took so long.

Rivertribe's 'Breathe Me In' reminds me of MorningStar 'Warfare' cd. (Rick Joyner's Worship team) I can hear the Irish flair and East Indian sound. Is the lead instrument a Sitar?
The songs could be in the classical genre, as well, such as 'FreeSonic Deluxe'. This one is dramatic. It could also be a motion picture soundtrack, to me.
The change in the song has a nice jazzy feel.
Piano in these songs are blended nicely, not overdone with too much reverb.
Very nice, smooth compositions.

On the first video, it's amazing the big sound they have with so few instruments.
The second video, and the songs from your second link as an island feel, especially with the vocal techniques. Sounds like a blend of Native American (U.S.) music (I hear it) with a blend of South American nature sounds. I want to go and relax in nature now. :^) The band's music is wonderful soaking music, and to commune with God. Very powerful stuff.

I liked your gun slinging antics! Just make shure that gun is registered!

For something completely different, I went to Ocklawaha recently to look at Ma Barker's house where she met her fate, but I couldn't find her house, which is about about two hours away. Nice drive, nonetheless.

Next time around I'll probably be sharing some unique banjo/fiddle music and a fresh new Christian electronic group. music is smooth and calming, great soaking music. Thanks for telling me about them.

Looking forward to it!

Here are some samples of the prophetic Worship music by MorningStar with Don Potter, who was Rick Joyner's Worship leader. Powerful stuff, too, but from a different aspect:

http://www.worshipmusic.com/7512401205.html ">Warfare

Let me know what style(s) you hear.

Have a great one!
Peace!
With Love,
Yvette

p.s. The  links work but you can see some of the symbols and letters now. But italizing doesn't work. I'll have to figure out how to do this; there's a method.
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Oct 29, 2007 - 1:13PM #4
butterflynews11
Hi DAH!
Nice to meet you! Thanks for the information. It's taking a bit of getting used to, but I'll get there. Question: How do you italicize quotes? I appreciate any help you can give.

If you have videos/songs that you'd like to contribute here, by all means, do!

Well, have a great day!
Peace & Blessings to you too,
With Love,
Yvette
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Oct 29, 2007 - 1:19PM #5
butterflynews11
I just posted a quick post but I can't find it.
Thanks for the info. It's taking me some time to learn the new format. Now I have to learn how to post a quick post and have it show up. I also don't know how to italicize qutoes. If you know, I'd really appreciate some instruction on how to do that, also.

If you have music that you'd like to contribute here, by all means do so!

Well have a great day!
Peace & Blessings to you, too,
With Love,
Yvette

p.s. Nice to meet you. I believe you were on the Village Green board, weren't you? I'll have to check to see how that board is going. It's a lot of fun.
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Oct 29, 2007 - 1:21PM #6
butterflynews11
I see that it took a moment for the quick reply to post.

DAH,
I just checked your profile. Thanks for sharing the info!

Peace,
Yvette
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Nov 04, 2007 - 8:58PM #7
smallson
Hi Yvette and Dah!

Responding to Yvette's last comments to me...

(i)Really? Wow, I'd like to hear about hardcore punk of the early 60s(/i)

There wasn't any hardcore punk in the early 60's (soft voice).Hardcore punk is basicaly the more aggressive and less melodic version of earlier angry punk (eg. Sex Pistols).This genre of punk began in either the late 70's or early 80's.Thrash groups like Slayer were essentialy the heavy metal version of hardcore punk aggression.Grunge was primirly an offshoot of earlier hard rock like Black Sabbath/Zeppelin mingled with hardcore punk /edgy alternative bands.So it played a very important role in popular music.

Continued...Want to see if my italics thing worked...
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Nov 04, 2007 - 9:24PM #8
smallson
I made a mistake with my last italics.Hopefully my correction will make it work this time.

Just so you know, Rev. Rene Sahir is a male (soft tone)

It looks like a female with shorter hair to me and Rene is usually a female name, but I guess I could be wrong.That happens on a rare occasion! (hee hee)

Yeah and some of the Moorish architecture can be seen in some of the buildings in Spain, as well.They were pretty inflential since they ruled Spain for hundreds of years.But that was in the Middle Ages and to this day, the sound is still heard in the cultural music.

I don't really know that much about the Moor's, though I've heard about them before.I guess Islam must have been their primary religion (correct me if I'm wrong).The Turkish also have a strong  islamic past.

Reminds me of of some Christians I knew years ago, before I started attending the Vineyard, who said the only secular music they listen to was country music.I've heard some of the lyrics to country music, and my goodness, they're pretty distasteful.And I've gone to country bars in times past.Goodnight, they're disgusting.There are plenty of rock songs that are perfectly fine, and yet they bashed rock music - and I was an adult at the time, not a child.

I agree with you.Often in country music you get a mixture.Some of them will include both raunchy numbers and gospel numbers in their repertoire.

Continued....Curious to see how this post turns out...
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Nov 04, 2007 - 9:36PM #9
smallson
Thanks Dah,

I just saw your post now, after I wrote my previous one.

I figured out my mistake while writing that post and the italics worked apparently, though I thought it would be more bold italics.Guess that's how it's suppost to look like.
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Nov 04, 2007 - 10:22PM #10
smallson
[QUOTE=butterflynews11;30313]Sorry I took so long.

Rivertribe's 'Breathe Me In' reminds me of MorningStar 'Warfare' cd. (Rick Joyner's Worship team) I can hear the Irish flair and East Indian sound. Is the lead instrument a Sitar?
The songs could be in the classical genre, as well, such as 'FreeSonic Deluxe'. This one is dramatic. It could also be a motion picture soundtrack, to me.
The change in the song has a nice jazzy feel.
Piano in these songs are blended nicely, not overdone with too much reverb.
Very nice, smooth compositions.

On the first video, it's amazing the big sound they have with so few instruments.
The second video, and the songs from your second link as an island feel, especially with the vocal techniques. Sounds like a blend of Native American (U.S.) music (I hear it) with a blend of South American nature sounds. I want to go and relax in nature now. :^) The band's music is wonderful soaking music, and to commune with God. Very powerful stuff.

I liked your gun slinging antics! Just make shure that gun is registered!

For something completely different, I went to Ocklawaha recently to look at Ma Barker's house where she met her fate, but I couldn't find her house, which is about about two hours away. Nice drive, nonetheless.

Next time around I'll probably be sharing some unique banjo/fiddle music and a fresh new Christian electronic group. music is smooth and calming, great soaking music. Thanks for telling me about them.

Looking forward to it!

Here are some samples of the prophetic Worship music by MorningStar with Don Potter, who was Rick Joyner's Worship leader. Powerful stuff, too, but from a different aspect:

http://www.worshipmusic.com/7512401205.html ">Warfare

Let me know what style(s) you hear.

Have a great one!
Peace!
With Love,
Yvette

p.s. The  links work but you can see some of the symbols and letters now. But italizing doesn't work. I'll have to figure out how to do this; there's a method.[/QUOTE]

That's okay! No problem.

I don't hear any East Indian sound in that Rivertribe song (soft voice).The droning sound your hearing isn't the sitar but the didgeridu.That's an Australian aboriginal instrument that's blown through a wooden tube.I tried to play one once and all that came out was a spit like sound.You have to know the right technique to make the instrument sound that way.

There's defenitely classical elements in their style, though this is also true for all "new age" music (which is a large part of their sound).Some don't even know they are a Christian group and use it for such things as massage therapy.

Thought you'd like something of Rivertribe's music.

As to how to classify Morning Star's music, I'm not shure how accuarate I'll be.The first two more upbeat tracks lean in the direction of soft acoustic rock, the second one having a slighly blues tone on the guitar.The last two are more easy listening (?), the track "Repentance" having a operetic vocal from one of the background singers.The last track has a obvious eastern tinge (probably far eastern) with maybe some slight borrowing from african and jazz..

Hear are my latest music clips, some unique banjo or banjo/fiddle music from The Chocolate Drops and 16 Horsepower:

[url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KdLRCSOZ7wo]The Chocolate Drops[url]

[url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HO9My5_H6dg]16 Horsepower Black Soul Choir[url]

Hope the links work!
Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 1 of 13  •  1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 13 Next

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook