Page 15 of 15  •  Prev 1 ... 10 11 12 13 14 15
4 months ago  ::  Mar 28, 2015 - 9:31AM #141
Nino0814

My aunt passed away this week.  Her daughter was hospitalized hours before we learned of my aunt's passing.  My cousin was gravely ill. As far as we know, no one told my cousin that her mother passed away.  When her son saw her in the hospital the day her mother died she asked him, "who died?".  She insisted that he tell her. 

There could be a rational explanation for how she might have learned that someone she knew died.  It could also be a strange coincidence.  Being that she was gravely ill, she may have had a premonition about death itself, or maybe the source of her knowledge was "something else".  

What do you think? 

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 months ago  ::  Apr 14, 2015 - 2:37PM #142
Stumbler

Mar 28, 2015 -- 9:31AM, Nino0814 wrote:

My aunt passed away this week.  Her daughter was hospitalized hours before we learned of my aunt's passing.  My cousin was gravely ill. As far as we know, no one told my cousin that her mother passed away.  When her son saw her in the hospital the day her mother died she asked him, "who died?".  She insisted that he tell her. 

There could be a rational explanation for how she might have learned that someone she knew died.  It could also be a strange coincidence.  Being that she was gravely ill, she may have had a premonition about death itself, or maybe the source of her knowledge was "something else".  

What do you think? 

I'm sorry to hear of your aunt's passing.

There are many cases in which the deceased (or dying) person appears to another, who has no prior knowledge that the person has died or is near death. There are enough such cases to have a special name: "crisis apparitions." Thisquite case isn't quite like those, in that there is no apparition, only an intimation of death.

Personally, I think the laboratory evidence for ESP is robust enough that to consider this a likely case of ESP is as "rational" as calling it a coincidence or subtle sensory cuing. Obviously, opinions vary on this.

Interestingly, among scientists, belief in the reality of ESP and other so-called paranormal phenomena varies according to discipline, with physicists among the most likely to accept it and psychologists the least. If it were simply a matter of "scientific mindset", I think we'd expect a more even distribution.

Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 15 of 15  •  Prev 1 ... 10 11 12 13 14 15

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook