Page 1 of 27  •  1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 27 Next
Switch to Forum Live View
Sticky: Intercessions
7 years ago  ::  Oct 23, 2007 - 9:06PM #1
rmatth
May God have mercy on the people in CA who are facing these fires. May God protect all the firefighters from any harm.

Oct 23rd, 2007 | SAN DIEGO -- Faced with unrelenting winds whipping wildfires into a frenzy across Southern California, firefighters all but conceded defeat Tuesday to an unstoppable force that has already chased nearly a million people away.

Unless the shrieking Santa Ana winds subside, and that's not expected for at least another day, fire crews say they can do little more than try to wait it out and react
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Oct 23, 2007 - 9:39PM #2
JoanTreese
AMEN! God bless them one and all.
Joan

He has told you, O mortal, what is good; and what does the Lord require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God? [Micah 6:8]
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Oct 23, 2007 - 11:19PM #3
rmatth
Prayers of healing for Joan and comfort for Chuck. May God guide the hands of her surgeons and those who care for her as she recovers.
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Oct 23, 2007 - 11:32PM #4
artemis01
You will be in all of our thoughts and prayers, Joan.    Prayers that your healing will be quick and you'll be back with us as soon as possible.
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Oct 24, 2007 - 12:10AM #5
JoanTreese

rmatth wrote:

Prayers of healing for Joan and comfort for Chuck. May God guide the hands of her surgeons and those who care for her as she recovers.

artemis01You will be in all of our thoughts and prayers, Joan. Prayers that your healing will be quick and you'll be back with us as soon as possible.

Thank you so much!:)

Joan

He has told you, O mortal, what is good; and what does the Lord require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God? [Micah 6:8]
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Oct 24, 2007 - 5:52PM #6
m2violin
Our parish recently lost an entire family to a plane crash.  Rhonda and her three teenaged children were all involved in the choirs at Trinity.  Fr. Bill Wiseman, who piloted the plane, was vicar of Holy Cross-Owasso.

Here's a link to a video television news clip:
http://www.kotv.com/e-clips/news/?id=9437

And the same coverage minus the video:
http://www.kotv.com/news/local/story/?id=138381

Tulsa World stories on Dr. Rhonda Lunn and Fr. Bill Wiseman:
http://www.tulsaworld.com/news/article. … spanc08307
http://www.tulsaworld.com/news/article. … spanc67863

Please pray for the Lunn, Badeen and Wiseman families, the parishioners at Trinity (especially the choirs and J2A), the parishioners at Holy Cross-Owasso, Tulsa's medical community (particularly those at St. Francis Hospital, where Rhonda practiced), and the students, faculty and staff of Cascia Hall, where Kathryn, Adrienne and Michael were students.

And a prayer for the repose of the souls of Fr. Bill, Rhonda, Kathryn, Adrienne and Michael.  They will be sorely missed by many, many people.
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Oct 24, 2007 - 5:56PM #7
rmatth
Martha...I'm so, so sorry. All will be in my prayers.
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Oct 25, 2007 - 12:12AM #8
JoanTreese
Martha~~ I'm so sorry. Prayers ascending for all.
Joan

Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Dec 12, 2007 - 3:53PM #9
rmatth
DH & I will be moving next month and request your prayers. We need to find a house, pack up here, sell things we don't want to move again, Did I mention find a house? We're planning to rent for a year and we need a house in a nice neighborhood that will allow 2 dachshunds and 2 cats. Some people think that is 4 pets but it is really 2.5. :) We need to do this without me having a meltdown too. I'm a pack rat and I really need to let go of stuff.

We would appreciate your prayers.
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Dec 12, 2007 - 9:01PM #10
JoanTreese
Prayers ascending for a smooth and easy move and a wonderful home for you, DH, and the babies.  I'm also a pack rat so I know what you are going through!  Blessings!
Joan

Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 1 of 27  •  1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 27 Next

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook