Page 1 of 3  •  1 2 3 Next
Switch to Forum Live View My Pentecostal debate
7 years ago  ::  Oct 23, 2007 - 6:45PM #1
rideronthastorm
I cant find a debate room for Pentecostals anymore so im putting this up here. if there is a debate room I guess go ahead and move this to debate.If theres no debate and yall want to delete this I guess go ahead.

I have not been debating Pentecostal beliefs for sometime now because I get too emotional and the topics are too deep for me and i dont want to lose my temper so usually I stay away.

However I just came up with a topic for debate thats on the lite side, more of a gripe then a complaint so I believe it will be ok to put it here. But if you dont want any debate threads here go ahead and remove it.

Dinners, after church. At all my old UPc church they always charged 5 dollars to eat the food they prepare after church. My dad got into a fight with one of my old pasters and told him that at his church they had a buffet where evryone brought food for everyone to eat and nobody had to pay 5 dollars for it.

The deal is that, they dont allow people to bring food, they just have one cook and one entre for everyone an dthe cook cooks it. usually they make something like beef stew or chicken and dumplings and you get koolade to drink or if you have a dollar to put into the coke machine you could get a coke for a dollar extra and they had one serving of the entre dumplings or something and one desert. usually this is how it was, sometimes they made tuna fish sandwiches instead, but to be honest uh I could name a few restaraunts that charge less then they do for the same meal. the dinners were very meager not much too the,m at all and they charged 5 dollars for it, their meals wernt worth anywhere near 5 dollars they were stingy with their portions and their food. Personally looking back i ahve to say i agree with my Dad,the dinners at church after church really were a big rip off.
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Nov 10, 2007 - 12:00AM #2
rideronthastorm
Uh Christina, actually I was doing you favor and every other Oneness Pentecostal here or trying to,Uh are you aware that the old Oneness Pentecostal and Trinity Pentecostal sections on the old Beliefnet had the Pentecostal Debate section which you no longer have, i was actually trying to put up a Debate section for you so you guys would have one.

As far as the topic goes, its a pretty simplistic, unimportant topic, talking about church dinners, on the other hand it is fellowship after church and thats important? as far as trying to only debate Oneness with you, theres actually no rule here that says, Onenes Pentecostal Debate has to be only about Onenesss only, i use to go to it regular and experienced several hundreds of differents topics including the dress codes,so you are wrong about that,

and NUMBER 3;I was kicked out of here 4 years ago for being too intense and angry with you guys, ands so I vowed that if i came back i would keep it simple and not get into tense theological debates I couldnt handle, all i wanted to do was get a debate thread started for you, sense theres no Dbate section for you guys anymore, and I wanted to do it without getting into an intense Theological fight, now if you want to make an evil ugly hateful conspiracy theory out of my sweet favor to you guys go ahead I dont care, I was being sweet to you guys but hey go ahead and go crazy with paranoia its your section.
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Nov 11, 2007 - 6:31PM #3
acumen
If any of you are interested, I found a new forum that has a Pentecostal debate.  I personally know the people that run the forum, and they are capable of answering questions. 

Here it is.  Click here

Acumen
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Nov 11, 2007 - 7:02PM #4
selah
Being Baptized In The Name Of Jesus, Filled With The Holy Ghost(in Evidence Of Speaking In Tongues)was The Best Thing That Happened To Me....the Truth Shall Set You Free.....

The Book Of Acts Is Where The 1st Church Was Started,why Baptize In Other Way?
And As Far As The Holy Ghost......the Day Of Penetcost Is Rarely Discussed In Any Of Religions That I Was Involved With Before I Was Saved,sad Really......

If One Keeps Searching Jesus Will Answer....my Quest For The Truth Brought Me Through Valleys,mountains And Peaks,and Some Dessert...but Ya Know Looking Back ''''jesus Was Always There....and When I Walked Into This Oneness Pentecostal Church....i Felt Like Never Before.......the Spiritof The Lord,was So Powerful,the Choir Is Anoited And The Pastor Believed In The Wog And Took A Stand For The Word And Will Always Take A Stand...that Is Powerful........
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Nov 11, 2007 - 6:31PM #5
acumen
If any of you are interested, I found a new forum that has a Pentecostal debate.  I personally know the people that run the forum, and they are capable of answering questions. 

Here it is.  Click here

Acumen
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Nov 11, 2007 - 7:02PM #6
selah
Being Baptized In The Name Of Jesus, Filled With The Holy Ghost(in Evidence Of Speaking In Tongues)was The Best Thing That Happened To Me....the Truth Shall Set You Free.....

The Book Of Acts Is Where The 1st Church Was Started,why Baptize In Other Way?
And As Far As The Holy Ghost......the Day Of Penetcost Is Rarely Discussed In Any Of Religions That I Was Involved With Before I Was Saved,sad Really......

If One Keeps Searching Jesus Will Answer....my Quest For The Truth Brought Me Through Valleys,mountains And Peaks,and Some Dessert...but Ya Know Looking Back ''''jesus Was Always There....and When I Walked Into This Oneness Pentecostal Church....i Felt Like Never Before.......the Spiritof The Lord,was So Powerful,the Choir Is Anoited And The Pastor Believed In The Wog And Took A Stand For The Word And Will Always Take A Stand...that Is Powerful........
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Nov 14, 2007 - 12:15AM #7
rideronthastorm
Thank you for using my thread Selah, I guess iIl take the responsibility for the second poster being negative about me, perhaps I had so many Psycho rants in the past around here that my threads easily scare people more so then others who try to debate here, so I will leave you guys with that and good on you for using my thread Selah, good, feel free to debate defend or whatever here great thats what I put it here for.
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Jan 14, 2008 - 6:29PM #8
Elijah
I wish that was all about your church that is a rip off. To be born again and receiving the Holy Ghost is physical. I can't find one church that believes that, so I stay at home. If I where you I would use the $5.00 and buy a hambuger. In Ezekiel 36;26 Is the best explanation of what it means to be born again and receive the Holy Ghost, and it has nothing to do with tongues. A new heart also will i give you, (the heart that I was born with was removed and replaced) and a new spirit will I put within you: (that is the Holy Ghost St John 16;;7 St Matthew 3;16 (the dove was the Holy Ghost) I received it 30 days after I was born again. It went in my mouth and down my throat as it did Jesus) St Matthew 20;23 You should read my "Elijah's Journal" to get a non fiction book and go to my web on myspace to read more.
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Feb 05, 2008 - 1:56AM #9
selah
[QUOTE=Elijah;213750]I wish that was all about your church that is a rip off. To be born again and receiving the Holy Ghost is physical. I can't find one church that believes that, so I stay at home. If I where you I would use the $5.00 and buy a hambuger. In Ezekiel 36;26 Is the best explanation of what it means to be born again and receive the Holy Ghost, and it has nothing to do with tongues. A new heart also will i give you, (the heart that I was born with was removed and replaced) and a new spirit will I put within you: (that is the Holy Ghost St John 16;;7 St Matthew 3;16 (the dove was the Holy Ghost) I received it 30 days after I was born again. It went in my mouth and down my throat as it did Jesus) St Matthew 20;23 You should read my "Elijah's Journal" to get a non fiction book and go to my web on myspace to read more.[/QUOTE]

In the WOG what is the physical evidence of recieving the Holy Ghost??

What went down your throat????
Can you support that experience scripturally?

selah
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Mar 12, 2008 - 10:38AM #10
SanctifiedChildofGod
ha I gotta kick outta this, Surely they didn't force you to eat at your church.  If thats they only problem you can find in your church then congrats!  Growing up in the UPC we left a few churches but it was never over food lol.   

And Elijah You've got me a little lost.   What did you receive 30 days after you were born again?
Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 1 of 3  •  1 2 3 Next

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook