Important Announcement

See here for an important message regarding the community which has become a read-only site as of October 31.

Page 1 of 3  •  1 2 3 Next
10 years ago  ::  Oct 16, 2007 - 9:16PM #1
cinci_orthodox
I'm learning my way around here like everyone else and I'm hoping we didn't get too many people lost on this thing called... uh.... "change"?  IS OUTRAGE!!!!   What is this "change" that you speak of?  Was there "change" in 19th century Russia???  I THINK NOT!!!

Cinci - summoning the spirit of Fr. Vasily Vasilyovich...
Quick Reply
Cancel
10 years ago  ::  Oct 24, 2007 - 11:02PM #2
couldntgetjustScott
Glad to see someone posting.I was (am) afraid that the change caused all the EO's to leave.
Quick Reply
Cancel
10 years ago  ::  Oct 25, 2007 - 4:09PM #3
anyuta64
I actually like this format better.

I always prefered threaded ratherthan sequential boards.  But thisparticular format will take some getting used to.  still, overally it'san improvement, I think. 

Now, if we could just regain all the Orthodox posters!!!
Passion is inversely proportional to the amount of real information available.

NOTE: This post is a natural product. The sleight variations in spelling and grammar enhance its individual charicter and beauty and in no way are to be considered flaws or defects.
Quick Reply
Cancel
10 years ago  ::  Oct 26, 2007 - 1:24PM #4
Kelliotes
So where are all the discussions that were going on?

H
Quick Reply
Cancel
10 years ago  ::  Oct 27, 2007 - 7:32AM #5
cinci_orthodox
Kelliotes,
B-net didnt transfer old discussions over, so we have to start from scratch.  Unfortunately, I think we did lose a number of people because now the various boards are scattered and you have to navigate your way to each one.

Welcome Centers are the old "Learn about"
Faith Communities has all of our normal "boards" like Orthodox Life
Discussion, Dialogue and Debate is the Debate boards

Cinci
Quick Reply
Cancel
10 years ago  ::  Nov 03, 2007 - 8:09PM #6
masha45
I had a heck of a time getting into the new Beliefnet. Not conducive to Christian thoughts...

Masha
Quick Reply
Cancel
10 years ago  ::  Dec 09, 2007 - 4:01PM #7
swhunter
[QUOTE=cinci_orthodox;3482]I'm learning my way around here like everyone else and I'm hoping we didn't get too many people lost on this thing called... uh.... "change"?  IS OUTRAGE!!!!   What is this "change" that you speak of?  Was there "change" in 19th century Russia???  I THINK NOT!!!

Cinci - summoning the spirit of Fr. Vasily Vasilyovich...[/QUOTE]

I'm glad to have found my way over.

I wanted to ask you, cinci - what parish in Cincinnati do you attend? My wife and stepson were baptized at Christ the Savior/Holy Spirit Orthodox Church in Norwood. We no longer live in the region, sadly, but I wondered if you knew Father Steven Kostoff.
Quick Reply
Cancel
10 years ago  ::  Dec 10, 2007 - 8:10PM #8
cinci_orthodox
Dear SW,
We dont live in Cincinnati anymore either.  My family and I moved to Boston for me to attend the Greek seminary here, Holy Cross.  However, my kids had some serious problems with school and living on campus.  I was asked to take a year off. 

We are now living in Norwood, Mass (yeah, I know... travel 1000 miles just to live in Norwood).  We were members at the St. Constantine & Helens in Middletown, with Fr. Christos Christakis (he's in Buffalo NY now).  We did get to Christ the Savior every so often and I did see Fr. Steven once in a while.  He came up to St. C&H for a wedding one time.  American groom, Russian bride, Greek church... we did the service in all three languages, as the bride's parents had come for the wedding and they spoke no English.

Missing Skyline, Gold Star and Montgomery Inn ribs desparately here,
Cinci
Quick Reply
Cancel
10 years ago  ::  Dec 13, 2007 - 11:26AM #9
Kerygma
Not that I intend to be a regular, having long since had my fill of B-Net's idiosyncrasies and the arbitrary manner in which moderators ban and otherwise exert their own agendas, BUT if you really want this board to be alive you're going to have to address the fact that it's nigh to impossible to find it let alone post in it. I've been a member of dozens of Orthodox forums/boards/newsgroups over the past ten years and this new format has got to rank right up there with the worst of them. At least take some steps to see if you can't better advertise on the main portal so that folks who are seriously seeking Orthodox discussion can at least find it.
Quick Reply
Cancel
10 years ago  ::  Dec 13, 2007 - 2:32PM #10
Kelliotes
[QUOTE=Kerygma;136495] it's nigh to impossible to find [these boards] let alone post in [them]. I've been a member of dozens of Orthodox forums ... this new format has got to rank  .. with the worst of them.

I agree. Beliefnet used to be so clear and easy to use. Sorry to see this happen. Pity.

H
Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 1 of 3  •  1 2 3 Next

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook