Switch to Forum Live View What do you like about your church?
7 years ago  ::  Oct 13, 2007 - 3:52PM #1
Beliefnetsabee
What do you like about your church? Please share your wonderful stories with us.
I always remember that for every word typed there is a real person sitting behind the keyboard.
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Oct 26, 2007 - 2:46AM #2
butterflynews11
My dream of utilizing my art has come true after 39 years. I knew that I wanted to be an artist at the age of 5, but later in life, a career never panned out.
Never in my wildest dreams would I have thought that my 'career' in art would be painting in a church!
While music has always been an integral part of the Vineyard Movement, my pastor was moved by the Holy Spirit to have the artists in the local congregation start 'doing the stuff'.
God gave everyone gifts to use for him, and art is no different. People use their gifts in the secular world, so how much more should we use them for him in the Kingdom? In the myriad of ways in which art is expressed, the prophetic aspect of the arts is going forth throughout the Church body these days.

As far as our church servicing others in practical ways, we have a team that goes out to Jamaica to help bring some hope to the outcasts of society. Jesus had compasson on the poor and disenfranchized, and we're just trying to be a reflection of his Love.

With Many Blessings,
Yvette
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Oct 26, 2007 - 7:16AM #3
steve123
Yvette,

That is awesome.  What kind of art do you do?

Blessings, Sister Grapester!

Steve
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Oct 29, 2007 - 9:22AM #4
butterflynews11
Thanks Steve!
It's called prophetic art. It's comparable to words of knowledge, spoken prophetic words, tongues, etc. but is a painting in this instance.

Hey does your local church put on drama plays for Christmas that include flag-waving and dancing? Just curious.

Have a blessed day!
With Love,
Yvette
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Oct 29, 2007 - 5:49PM #5
steve123
No, we don't have any ministries like that, but I've been to churches that do and it is awesome.

God Bless, fellow Grapester!
Quick Reply
Cancel

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook