Page 2 of 2  •  Prev 1 2
Switch to Forum Live View What do you like about your church?
6 years ago  ::  Nov 04, 2009 - 10:22AM #11
Cherylbrem

There is so much I like about my church.  The Lord blessed my husband and I by finding us this wonderful little church.  First off, our paster preaches strictly from the Bible.  He does not look for glory for himself but for our Lord.  His family is awsome.  They are very musically talented.  Their boy and our preachers wife especially.  When they sing praising our Lord, tears will come to your eyes.  The little church just gets to rocken with praises and singing to the Lord.  The sermons are, as I said from the Bible. He delivers them with such passion.   The members are God fearing folks who welcomed my husband and I with open arms.  You can actually feel the presence of the Lord in this little church.  When you leave, you feel  spirtually fullfilled all day.

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 weeks ago  ::  Jul 21, 2015 - 7:24PM #12
August_Burns_Red

Oct 13, 2007 -- 3:48PM, Beliefnetsabee wrote:

What do you like about your church? Please share your wonderful stories with us.

I attend Unity Church. I am recently Born Again--having been Salvaged by God just a bit over a year ago after a life of strident and aggressive Atheism. A sinner of the worst proportions: reckless; egotistical; a womanizer; heavy drinker. Married and divorced twice. One of them--a gorgeous young woman 9 years my junior, a legtimate Satanist. I attended several Black Masses with her.

Why God chose to Save me I have no clue. I do not think I deserved it. But He surely did, of that I have no doubt. And mind you I am a man of science. A skeptic on most things of the supernatural or paranormal variety. But His signs and method of Saving me were beyond even my hard-line skeptical Atheist reasoning. I could no longer deny His presence in my Life.

He basically Screamed at me! LOL. Well His Angels did, which is how I believe God works with us. His Couriers/Messengers, so to speak.

Sorry, I digress. My Church, Unity. I love it because I think it is the sort of Church Jesus would like. Would approve of. Unlike, say, the RCC; the LDS; the JW's; or the Charismatics. I will not at present go into why I believe He would be highly critical of those sects. If anybody is truly interested, let me know and I will be happy to elaborate.

At Unity we are non-judgemental; basically Ecumenical. ALl strata of beliefs are welcome. WE are not obsessed with Icons and ritual like the RCC. We have a good time; we play music; we read primarily about Jesus' teachings and spend little time on the Old Teatament fire and brimstone stuff.

I love Unity! We also help many many people with our wordlwide prayer center.

Thank You!

Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 2 of 2  •  Prev 1 2

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook