Page 1 of 2  •  1 2 Next
Switch to Forum Live View What do you like about your church?
7 years ago  ::  Oct 13, 2007 - 3:48PM #1
Beliefnetsabee
What do you like about your church? Please share your wonderful stories with us.
I always remember that for every word typed there is a real person sitting behind the keyboard.
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Dec 02, 2007 - 8:49PM #2
Christophilus
[QUOTE=BeliefnetSabee;563]What do you like about your church? [/QUOTE]

Even though our little church plant (The Journey - A Christian Church) - http://www.myjourney.ca  - is sponsored by the Christian Reformed denomination, and even though it is thoroughly Calvinistic, we do not split hairs doctrinally, nor do we confuse "tradition" with "the will of God".
Just one example: How much water is used for baptism (a few drops or a whole tub full) is unimportant.
While we  baptize infants (obviously using a few drops of water only), we gladly administer Believers' Baptism (using any amount of water).
We believe that all of us are on a journey to God - some of us may not be quite as far along on the way as others.
We believe that Christ "accepts you as you are, but won't  leave you the way you are".
Meeting Christ is a life-changing experience.
In keeping with what John saw, as described in Revelation 7, verses 9 & 10, we purposely strive to have a multi-cultural fellowship - in the words of our Pastor "If it is going to be that way in Heaven, we might as well get started here".
(I looked again. I saw a huge crowd, too huge to count. Everyone was there—all nations and tribes, all races and languages. And they were standing, dressed in white robes and waving palm branches, standing before the Throne and the Lamb and heartily singing:
Salvation to our God on his Throne!
Salvation to the Lamb!)

Three years ago, The Journey did not exists - now, an average of 140 people from all over the world get together weekly for worship, praise, fellowship, and to hear God speak to us.

Praise the Lord!  and  ask him to continue using us!
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Feb 26, 2008 - 2:54PM #3
CalKnox
[QUOTE=Christophilus;110872]We believe that all of us are on a journey to God - some of us may not be quite as far along on the way as others.[/QUOTE]

OTOH, Romans 3:11-18 says:

[INDENT]There is none that understandeth,
there is none that seeketh after God.
They are all gone out of the way, t
hey are together become unprofitable;
there is none that doeth good, no, not one.
Their throat is an open sepulchre;
with their tongues they have used deceit;
the poison of asps is under their lips:
Whose mouth is full of cursing and bitterness:
Their feet are swift to shed blood:
Destruction and misery are in their ways:
And the way of peace have they not known:
There is no fear of God before their eyes.[/INDENT]
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Jun 09, 2008 - 9:50AM #4
judy815
I love my chuch Faith Community because it loves me.  I feel God there, I feel at peace.  Judy815
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Jul 23, 2008 - 10:17PM #5
SwedishCovenant
Our church isn't "huge" in the international sense, but there are about a million of us in the US, Canada, Europe and Africa. We don't split hairs on doctrine. No one who accepts Christ as their personal savior is denied communion. Like someone said earlier. there's no quibbling about a little pouring of water over a baby or the complete submersion of a believer. The Bible doesn't quibble about these details, so neither do we. If you believe you are saved and work actively to be a good Christian, then you're saved. That work doesn't mean earning your way to heaven, it means living the Bible and remembering what Christ taught.

We are an active mission-oriented church. My husband was a pseudo-Pentacostal and I was Orthodox. We found a place where we could both worship with our beliefs not being condemned nor judged. We plant new churches in big cities, small towns, and even the third world. There's room for all believers and there's much to be thankful in that.
Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Jan 21, 2009 - 8:26PM #6
flitzerbiest
[QUOTE=BeliefnetSabee;563]What do you like about your church? Please share your wonderful stories with us.[/QUOTE]

Free coffee, rock and roll.
Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Feb 04, 2009 - 8:29PM #7
SteveC

BeliefnetSabee wrote:

What do you like about your church? Please share your wonderful stories with us.

No Maintenance, no dues, no regrets.

Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Feb 05, 2009 - 4:26PM #8
Godgirl
I like at my church that people care about eachother and that people care about GOd. I also admit i like the fact that they care about me. The church is small which i have grown to like. I like the fact we have actual pews and not chairs because this seems more special to me especialy when its time for me to get married and walk down the ials and see the pews there and not chairs. I like the fact that i have a family there. I also like the fact that there are multiple bible studies a week. I do how many of the women have read the bible all the way through and in some instances all the way through more than once. We are starting to get breakfast after church which is cool. Everyone is realy pasionate in what they believe. But the downside is sometimes they fail to see outside of the box.
Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Feb 05, 2009 - 4:26PM #9
Godgirl
I like at my church that people care about eachother and that people care about GOd. I also admit i like the fact that they care about me. The church is small which i have grown to like. I like the fact we have actual pews and not chairs because this seems more special to me especialy when its time for me to get married and walk down the ials and see the pews there and not chairs. I like the fact that i have a family there. I also like the fact that there are multiple bible studies a week. I do how many of the women have read the bible all the way through and in some instances all the way through more than once. We are starting to get breakfast after church which is cool. Everyone is realy pasionate in what they believe. But the downside is sometimes they fail to see outside of the box.
Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Nov 04, 2009 - 9:41AM #10
Emh

Hi

I am a 3rd year Psychology student at Newcastle Uni - my dissertation is on the link between religiosity, intelligence & fertility.  If you have time click below & give my questionnaire a go:

nclpsych.qualtrics.com/SE?SID=SV_0keZ4WE...

Thanks!

Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 1 of 2  •  1 2 Next

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook