Switch to Forum Live View What do you like about your church?
7 years ago  ::  Oct 13, 2007 - 3:37PM #1
Beliefnetsabee
What do you like about your church? Please share your wonderful stories with us.
I always remember that for every word typed there is a real person sitting behind the keyboard.
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Oct 17, 2007 - 4:46PM #2
grampawombat
My Presbyterian congregation is part of the PCUSA. It is a More Light Congregation and is active in the support of peace and justice (social and economic) initiatives.
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Oct 23, 2007 - 6:44AM #3
Eagle-1
Could you go on, Grampa or someone and tell us more about the denomination? 

Have  you  heard  anything  new  lately, maybe about "change"?   

I'm actually looking for the prophecy  discussion, "End Times & Christ's Return", and  watching for  any  changes  that might  conceivably  be  a  sign  of   the  apocalypse beast and false prophet  temporarily  taking  over,  who  for  a  time,  during  a  series  of  kings/heads of state, Re 17,  possibly Americans, Reagan possibly being the one wounded who lived.   

If  anyone mentions  change, do they say what kind of change?
Eagle
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Oct 23, 2007 - 5:56PM #4
Merrill48
Things I love about the Presbyterian Church (USA)

- I don't have to close my mind when I open the Bible
- The democracy and checks and balances in PC(USA) church polity (and in Presby. denominations in general)

Things I love about the PC (USA) congregation where I'm a member -

- Despite the fact that we are in the Deeeeep South, the congregation is very tolerant and open-hearted (eg, one of our current Ruling Elders is a lesbian, and nobody cares about her sexual orientation, only that she's a good, Godly person and a conscientious Elder)
- You feel love as soon as you walk in the door.
- Our Pastor, who is truly a gift from God
- Our youth program and its fantastic Youth Minister

In other words, the PC (USA) and the congregation fit me very well.

Shalom,
Merrill
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Oct 30, 2007 - 12:23AM #5
grampawombat
[QUOTE=Eagle-1;15813]Could you go on, Grampa or someone and tell us more about the denomination? 

Have  you  heard  anything  new  lately, maybe about "change"?   

I'm actually looking for the prophecy  discussion, "End Times & Christ's Return", and  watching for  any  changes  that might  conceivably  be  a  sign  of   the  apocalypse beast and false prophet  temporarily  taking  over,  who  for  a  time,  during  a  series  of  kings/heads of state, Re 17,  possibly Americans, Reagan possibly being the one wounded who lived.   

If  anyone mentions  change, do they say what kind of change?[/QUOTE]

The PCUSA is the largest and most diverse of the Presbyterian denominations. My congregation is at the liberal end of the spectrum. As such, we do not specifically address the issue of end times, and much of the terminology you have used is not familiar to me.
Quick Reply
Cancel

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook