Switch to Forum Live View What do you like about your church?
7 years ago  ::  Oct 13, 2007 - 3:36PM #1
Beliefnetsabee
What do you like about your church? Please share your wonderful stories with us.
I always remember that for every word typed there is a real person sitting behind the keyboard.
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Nov 17, 2007 - 11:49PM #2
ChristianaY
I love my church because practically the whole church adopted me as their own.  I recieved Christ as my Savior in 2005, and started going to the church.  That is where I met my husband and a whole new church family!  I love the pastor because he is a true man of God, and preaches the truth and doesn't worry about being "politically correct" or offending anyone!  That's exactly what Jesus did and I aplaud him for it.  Also, the Holy Spirit is allowed to have His way in the services, and many operate in the gifts of the Spirit!
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Nov 20, 2007 - 10:21AM #3
thedefender
I love the church at which I am a member. We have great fellowship, and we love to laugh at our stupid mistakes. I am a young guy and there are several older women who treat me like their own kid! I love having multiple mothers and grandmothers! I really like praise and worship practice. I am on the praise team at our church. We work really hard to be the best that we can be, and we are working extra hard now for Christmas.

I also love my denomination. I have been a member of the Church of God since I was a boy (my whole life). I really believe in the Church of God's mission--they really strive to be a Christ-centered, Christ-honoring church. The first principle of our faith is that we believe in the Verbal inspiration of the Word of God, that the New Testament is the rule for the reason we do the things we do.

We mix the best of ecclesiastical and congregational forms of government so that the authorities do not gain too  much power, and the laity have a say in matter of church business.

I love our church!

Derrick the Defender
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Dec 21, 2007 - 4:24PM #4
PeaceandHope
I really love my Church, because even though they are a small Church operating in the inner city of Edmonton, Alberta, Canada, and even thought they often lack resources they trust in the power of faith and the reality of God's provision to see them through day by day. We minister to the homeless and the hungry, providing them with meals in a "restaurant-style" setting-no soup lines or lineups at all- people are treated like people regardless of race, gender, age, or living arrangements. The Pastors truly love God, and teach us to love God, and to serve Him by loving others as we love ourselves. The Holy Spirit does His work  in the worship services, and the teaching is strong and Biblically sound. I was blessed, after escaping(by God's power alone!) from an addictive lifestyle to find a Church where I really feel like I'm part of a family. Praise God for all His marvelous gifts!!!!!
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  May 28, 2008 - 5:50AM #5
Doodlebug02
I like the vibrant worship style and the easy to understand sermons.  This is not to mention the sound doctrine.  :)
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  May 14, 2009 - 9:50AM #6
Fotw

I know I'm here a little late.  But what I love about my church is that God is there.  Many times we've started the song service and the altars fill up in waves.  It's really beautiful.  Somedays, there are no preaching.  just the Holy Spirit moving thru the pews and people getting right with God.  It really is a beautiful thing.

Last night for instance, as one young man was praying for the Holy Ghost, his wife gently placed her hands on him just as he was receiving and the annointing was transfered to her too.  They both received the blessing at the same time.  It was really beautiful!

God is so good.  People can come to church as they are.  No need to dress up, God's looking at your heart not your appearal.  I love feeling like everyone belongs and there are no outsiders.  I wish everyone had this type of church.

Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Aug 24, 2009 - 11:54PM #7
Starweb

Our church is a community church. We were able to construct the building without any solicitations from non-members.

Quick Reply
Cancel

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook