Switch to Forum Live View What do you like about your church?
7 years ago  ::  Oct 13, 2007 - 3:36PM #1
Beliefnetsabee
What do you like about your church? Please share your wonderful stories with us.
I always remember that for every word typed there is a real person sitting behind the keyboard.
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Mar 12, 2008 - 12:09AM #2
emi19
I love the fact that my church is designed to help you take what you heard on Sunday and put it into action in your life. I've been to churches before that expected if you heard something once on Sunday that you would immediately be able to apply that to any situation. My church posts all the sermons online, has a bookstore with really great employees who can help you find just about anything on any topic under the sun, and so many opportunities to meet with christians who have been where you are and can help  you go to the next level. It's so nice to have a church that isn't just a building full of people, but a community of people willing to help each other out.
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Mar 12, 2008 - 9:46AM #3
heathersa
[QUOTE=BeliefnetSabee;557]What do you like about your church? Please share your wonderful stories with us.[/QUOTE]
Praise the Lord everyone I love my church because of the teaching that we get
that my pastor teaches which is on the understanding mysteries of the incarnation
of God in Christ and other topics and I love the fellowship and the support that I get
My church is in Halifax Nova Scotia Rev. Terry&Linda Smith (Brother&Sister) on Cunard Street
Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Jan 19, 2009 - 10:38PM #4
T100
I like the fact that they preach SALVATION in our church.
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Nov 09, 2007 - 11:47AM #5
christina&jesus1on1
the church or churches that i attend are established the way god intended them to be .after jesus ressurected to heaven after his death and burial,the first thing he did was pour out his spirit on his church which was his people(they didn't know then that his church wasn't a building yet because they didn't understand yet about the baptisim in the holyghost with the evidence of speaking in other tongues was the spirit(god)living in you so we are the church )god said he will mark his people with a seal which is his spirit.in john ch 3 jesus said we must be born of water and spirit to enter in the kingdom of heaven,i am not in favor of anything that goes agaist the word god.before he poured his spirit out he said to tarry unti you are endued with power from on high,so you can be my witnesses,thats one reason why we have so many bad witnesses today ruining the true gospel of jesus christ and confusing so many people.we have to have the baptisim of the spirit to truly be annointed of god to be a witness and to live in his will and purpose for our lives.we are nothing of ourselves,only the spirit of god who lives in us enables us to be empowered to do his work.the churches i attend preach the truth wether it hurts or not,they do it under the annointing,we don't want any false doctrine in our church so spirits need to be confronted so they have to leave.not to say there isn't messed up peolpe in these churches because that is everywhere but we need to keep our eyes on god and not on people.people fail us,people hurt us especially those closest to us,we cant let little foxes spoil the vine and keep us out of the church jesus made in the first place.i believe in worship the way the bible describes it,god says we must worship him in spirit and truth for these are the worshippers he is seeking!tongues,leaping,dancing,shouting,singing,running,raising our hands,these are ways god requires us to worship.there is also miracles and healing,people being delivered and set free from addictions and bondage,jesus said these signs will follow him who believes,they shall cast out demon,they shall speak in other tongues and they shall lay hands on the sick and they shall recover!jesus wants his church back!!!!what are we willing to do?after all we were bought with a price our life is not our own anymore,this life is for the glory of god .the churches i go to i never walk out the same as i went in there is always a divine touch from god where he is allowed to dwell!
Quick Reply
Cancel

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook