Important Announcement

See here for an important message regarding the community which has become a read-only site as of October 31.

Switch to Forum Live View What do you like about your church?
10 years ago  ::  Oct 13, 2007 - 3:35PM #1
Beliefnetsabee
What do you like about your church? Please share your wonderful stories with us.
I always remember that for every word typed there is a real person sitting behind the keyboard.
Quick Reply
Cancel
10 years ago  ::  Nov 12, 2007 - 12:44PM #2
ittakestime
I love my church  for many reasons. 
One of the most important reasons is "Worship". 
Worship is the celebration of God in his supreme worth.
True worship reveals God's presence and true worship reveals our spiritual condition.
True worship changes my priorities.    I find that when I celebrate God it reminds me that my life belongs to God.

ittakestime
Quick Reply
Cancel
10 years ago  ::  Dec 24, 2007 - 1:33AM #3
mrscjr
Like ITT, I really appreciate the depth of praise & worship at my church. 

My pastor is out of this world, I met him years ago when he was ministering as an evangelist.  As a pastor, he has the same preaching style as before but there's a different look in his eye now - a compassion that I didn't see before.  If I have a problem I can go to him and talk about it, and never fear judgment from him, but rather loving counsel.

We are a small congregation, which I love because I feel like I'm among family, not just another face in a large crowd.

My favorite thing about my church, though, is that no matter what the pastor has planned, if the Holy Spirit leads in another direction the pastor follows Him, rather than sticking to his notes. 

Sometimes he never even gets to preach, because praise and worship just keeps going for hours.  One week we were there for 5 hours in p&w - wow, what an experience!
Quick Reply
Cancel
10 years ago  ::  Dec 25, 2007 - 8:02AM #4
Rayah
The outdoors is my church. I no longer attend a worship service in a building. My church is Mother Nature. My minister is Mother Earth. I listen to what She has to say.  I honor Her and I respect Her. She provide me with all I need. I am Her son in this life. May the Mother Goddess bless you this day.
Quick Reply
Cancel

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook