Page 1 of 2  •  1 2 Next
Switch to Forum Live View Tell us about your church
7 years ago  ::  Oct 13, 2007 - 3:34PM #1
Beliefnetsabee
What church do you belong to and what do you like best about it? Please share your wonderful stories with us.
I always remember that for every word typed there is a real person sitting behind the keyboard.
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Feb 23, 2008 - 1:39PM #2
Bob10
Christian Educational Ministries

Churches need non-denominational ministries like CEM to offer new views of old subjects and to promote doctrinal growth. Doctrinal creeds have the effect of blocking examination of issues that might have a bearing on the belief system. That is a two edged sword. It does serve to provide doctrinal stability for a church, but it also inhibits growth in knowledge.

http://www.borntowin.net/newsite/WhoWeA … px?level=1
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Mar 25, 2008 - 10:53AM #3
Lovelight38
The best part of my church is not the physical building, although it is beautiful, nor the music, even though we have an awesome praise and worship team; but the the fellowship. Within my church you will find seekers, new Christians, experienced Christians, Republicans, Democrats, Independents all worshipping God together. In the city in which I live, which tends to be racially and politically divided, we all manage to come together and agree about the One we serve, Jesus Christ. At times we may disagree, especially when politics is mentioned, but our pastor actually encourages healthy discussions and conflict. Conflict is not a bad thing, it is merely part of humans' nature and can be dealt with in a loving way.
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Apr 15, 2008 - 3:50PM #4
SpellingB(AKA.KRU)
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Jul 04, 2008 - 10:57AM #5
Derrick7
I support Shepherds Chapel as well!!!!!
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Aug 13, 2008 - 12:48PM #6
UwishUwereMe
I am a member of the LDS Church, and I would suppose I like our Chirstmas programs.  I was fortunate to go to the Mesa Arizona Temple and got to see the live nativity that some of the larger temples present.  Since many of my family live in the Saly Lake City area, I have enjoyed listening to the Tabernacle Choir preform Christmas Hymns.  My favorite... O Holy Night. 

I enjoy the current ward I go to, but my favorite was the student ward I belonged to in Saint Cloud, Minnesota.  What a very nice group of young people.  It was such a wonder small building and the Bishop's wife could play "A Mighty Fortress is Our God"  better than any organist I have ever heard. 

God Bless
Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Apr 17, 2009 - 4:34PM #7
Tieesha326

I belong to YES LORD' Ministries a Non denominational full gospel bible believing church. Our Identity is to  " fulfill every God giving purpose plan and destiny he has for our lives"

Great powerful and loving church with so many different ministries for the Singles, Marriage Ministries, Chosen Generation. 

Apostle Willie Tolbert Senior Pastor

Tieesha

Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Jun 29, 2009 - 10:34PM #8
TheArcher

I attend New Birth Community Church in Marietta, GA.

I love this church.  When I first scouted the church, I liked its genuine atmosphere and the manner in which Pastor Moore delivered the Word.  One very unique thing about the church's methodology is that it gives bulletins that also have a fill-in the blank sheet.  This sheet helps the congregation to keep in pace with the pastor or the other ministers when they preach.

The church is also very contemporary and appeals to the current generation of Christians with today's Christian music.  There are also many ministries like the drama ministry that interprets the sermon of the day to deliver visual displays that interpret the word in simulated life.

There's also the dance ministry that performs every Sunday.  The dancers do interpretive dance that really motivates the congregation to become animated, which is good early in the morning.

Lastly, I like the harmony of the people of my church and I like that one can come to the church and really learn the Word of God and that the pastor is bluntly honest and true to the Word and lets the congregation see the Truth so that they can live better, righteous and godly lives.

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Jul 09, 2011 - 3:43PM #9
decilpejc

Many people do not understand the resurection of Jesus. Therefore many are looking afar of to receive from Jesus. When we come together we understand that Jesus the Resurected person Jesus is alive in our midst. We acknowledge Jesus to be in our midst and the glory and power of the resurected Jesus comes alive. Jesus litterly spreads his tent of glory over all of us. Libery in praise and operation of the gifts of the Spirit begins to move in the group. I have found that people of all beliefs are hungering for the power of the early church to begin to come alive in different groups. The name doesn,t mean much. It is Jesus that lives in us.   

Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 1 of 2  •  1 2 Next

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook