Important Announcement

See here for an important message regarding the community which has become a read-only site as of October 31.

Switch to Forum Live View What do you like about your church?
11 years ago  ::  Oct 13, 2007 - 2:55PM #1
Beliefnetsabee
What do you like about your church? Please share your wonderful stories with us.
I always remember that for every word typed there is a real person sitting behind the keyboard.
Quick Reply
Cancel
11 years ago  ::  Oct 24, 2007 - 2:52AM #2
razzputin
All in all and after much consideration and reflection of a life spent worshiping and all the hierarchs, priests and other personalities I have known...  I have to say the FOOD.  What I like best about the Church is the food.  In fact ,I would offer new converts this advice.  Try the food first.  If it is good, then and only then approach the priest.  Old calendar, new calendar, pews, no pews.  Toll houses, no toll houses...  None of this impoderablia matters a wit.  Only the food!  I have this recipie for Melitzanes Imam .  Oh it is to die for!
Quick Reply
Cancel
11 years ago  ::  Nov 02, 2007 - 2:39PM #3
KatherineOrthodixie
Hi - I too was a Lutheran convert to Orthodoxy. I always say that it was as if I had only heard Bach on an 8-track tape, and then finally got the chance to hear it in person, played by a world-class symphony orchestra in a concert hall with perfect acoustics!
“The Law of the Church is to give oneself to what is given not to seek one’s own.” Fr. Alexander Schmemann
Quick Reply
Cancel
11 years ago  ::  Dec 19, 2007 - 10:35AM #4
St.Ketevan
i love the people.  They have all been so welcoming and loving.  We aren't the most typical Orthodox church but we've got all kinds of love.

and I won't lie.  nobody cooks like the church ladies.  And not just the Greek ones.  we have a large East African population too (well large for our tiny parish . . . ).  And some Russians and Serbians . . . . the yummy possibilities are endless.
Quick Reply
Cancel
11 years ago  ::  Dec 19, 2007 - 11:26AM #5
Kerygma
[QUOTE=razzputin;18540]All in all and after much consideration and reflection of a life spent worshiping and all the hierarchs, priests and other personalities I have known...  I have to say the FOOD.  What I like best about the Church is the food.  In fact ,I would offer new converts this advice.  Try the food first.  If it is good, then and only then approach the priest.  Old calendar, new calendar, pews, no pews.  Toll houses, no toll houses...  None of this impoderablia matters a wit.  Only the food!  I have this recipie for Melitzanes Imam .  Oh it is to die for![/QUOTE]

You're sure you're not Kevin?! ROFL.... priceless answer. You bring such a freshness to these tired boards.
Quick Reply
Cancel
11 years ago  ::  Dec 19, 2007 - 12:14PM #6
KatherineOrthodixie
Nice to see you around these here parts, kerygma!

A blessed and joyous Nativity to you!
“The Law of the Church is to give oneself to what is given not to seek one’s own.” Fr. Alexander Schmemann
Quick Reply
Cancel
11 years ago  ::  Dec 19, 2007 - 9:24PM #7
Kerygma
Thanks for the good wishes. May the Lord bless you and your family as well during this season.
Quick Reply
Cancel

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook