Important Announcement

See here for an important message regarding the community which has become a read-only site as of October 31.

Page 3 of 3  •  Prev 1 2 3
7 years ago  ::  Jun 26, 2010 - 9:00PM #21
ctcss

Anita, see the previous post for my answer. I don't know why, but this board just put a pointer to this empty spot. I put a post here so the (formerly) empty spot wouldn't confuse you when you looked for my post but couldn't find it.

Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Sep 28, 2010 - 11:29AM #22
U2chip

I am truly interested in the response to CS that you offered. It was probably the most clear and consice explanation of CS healing I have encountered. I am in conflict with having beem raised in CS and having relied upon it for 5 decades,but also having answered "a Call" to a major protestant denomination as a Pastor.  My ministry is extremely important to me as a means of Grace and offering a portion of the CS view concerning man and his relationship with God to seekers of Truth that have been exposed to a loving but punishing God. Specifically---the "God's Will" explanation for all things that occur in life and death. I often wonder if I am just offering a diluted theosophy of CS belief or if I am opening the door to inspired and uplifted thought for those who come from a radically opposite viewpoint of Christ as rewarder and punisher. My seminary training has offered affirming knowledge of the deeper spiritual nessage that the scriptures hold, yet that same training offers comfort for those who find comfort in traditional worship. Your post stimulated the internal wrestling I experience and prompted me to express appreciation for your clarity of thougt and articulate response.

Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Mar 01, 2011 - 6:05AM #23
AussieSue1

Hello U2chip,

I am curious to know how you our going with your pastoral ministry.

I don't think you should feel in conflict. Mary Baker Eddy's discovery of the divine Principle of Christian healing was not initially intend to be a denomination but when it was seen that the mainstream Christian church of the time where not ready for it the Church of Christ, Scientist was established. This divine law in universal just as the laws of mathematics are universal. It is not confined by race, gender, faith group of even material circumstance but can be studied and practiced by all, including a pastor from another denomination, Jewish rabbi or Muslim imam. We are all individual ideas of God and have our own individual niche to fill.

i would love to hear how you are progressing in your study and practice and how you share this with your congregation. 

Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 3 of 3  •  Prev 1 2 3

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook