Important Announcement

See here for an important message regarding the community which has become a read-only site as of October 31.

Page 1 of 2  •  1 2 Next
Switch to Forum Live View
Announcement: Welcome!
10 years ago  ::  Oct 09, 2007 - 11:40AM #1
Beliefnetsabee
Welcome! Please tell us about yourself.
I always remember that for every word typed there is a real person sitting behind the keyboard.
Quick Reply
Cancel
10 years ago  ::  Nov 05, 2007 - 4:25AM #2
Crazygit
Hi

Well, no one else is here, so I'll introduce myself

My name is Mim, I am not technically pentecostal, but I'd like to be, I admire the bold use of Spiritual gifts in the Pent church.  I have the gift of prophecy and am finding it hard to really grow and use my gift in my currant church.  Don't get me wrong, my church is a real gem, but as I said, no real gift use

Jump in anyone

God bless
Mim
Quick Reply
Cancel
10 years ago  ::  Nov 20, 2007 - 6:59PM #3
Landofmisty
You NEED to be where God CAN use you.  If you aren't being used in the church you are I suggest you JOIN in with the Penecostals like us. 
It seems it would be wrong not to use the gift God gave you.....so don't hide it under a bushell so to speak.
Quick Reply
Cancel
10 years ago  ::  Nov 26, 2007 - 5:56PM #4
fenpom37
If you are having a difficult time growing in your church then you need to find a good pentecostal oneness church that can use  gifts that God has given you.  You do need to be where God can use you.
Quick Reply
Cancel
10 years ago  ::  Mar 06, 2008 - 4:51PM #5
sbjm
Mim:

I agree with Landofmisty and fenpom37!!!
Quick Reply
Cancel
10 years ago  ::  Mar 12, 2008 - 10:03AM #6
heathersa
Praise the Lord everyone I'm Sister April Heather Sherman,

I go to Revival Tabernacle Church on Cunard Street my pastors are Brother&Sister Smith(Rev.)
I'm glad to say that God has made a big change in my life since Jesus has come into my life and I pray that
\He will save my family I try to talk to them but they think that they are already saved they live in Windsor Nova
Scotia Bro&Sis Sisco I think I've spelled their name right if not you can tell me so I think their first names is
Fred&Caroll
Quick Reply
Cancel
10 years ago  ::  Mar 12, 2008 - 11:43AM #7
SanctifiedChildofGod
Hey guys, Just joined up last night.  I was raised in UPC , left at 13 and roamed the world.  Two years go, I visited a COGIC church  a good friend, It sounds alot like the UPC and made me think about those ole times so i went with her.  To my surprise it was exactly the same atmosphere and i loved it, but was planning on moving outta state so I didnt get to attached.  Moved away for a year and a half and things just didnt work out like I had thought.  Several times I had thought about finding a COGIC church while I was outta state but was worried it wouldnt be the same.  So God moved me back 2000 miles, set me back on my journey  to that church, with some  very worldly detours on the back home.  Any ways.  I have closer relationship with God now then Ive ever had in my life.  Now that Im old enough to understand and live by my own convictions not my fathers. I live a holy life through the grace of our Lord.  And those of you who are wondering. Yes I do know I am a member of a trinitarian pentecostal church.  However, I strongly believe this is where God wants me at this point in life.  If you saw me in my church you might not think I belong.  Their holiness standards are not as strict as the UPC.  Theres been a few times where I felt a little uncomfortable in church when i see them with jewelry on, being as Ive given mine all up.  But I know Im there for a purpose.  I can say he is just as anointed if not more I think then any of my past UPC pastors.  And I listen to him preach and he tends to preach away from the COGIC doctrine.  Except baptism.  Every thing else in our church in done in Jesus except that.  I have yet to see a baptism since ive joined. I dont quite know how I will feel about that when it happens.   Well I could go on but i think i went way over an introduction.  I just wanted to clear a few things up cuz ive already started posting around in the Oneness area.   But if youve any more questions please ask.
Quick Reply
Cancel
9 years ago  ::  Jul 01, 2008 - 8:06AM #8
pastorlsm
Hi, I thought that I better introduce myself as I have already posted a response to a post that was logged last year. I am Pastor Lawrence Lamont of LifeSpring Ministries in Wellsford, New Zealand.(UPCINZ) I have only recently set up LifeSpring Ministries Fellowship, and I am in the process of setting up a drop in and counselling centre dedicated to underpriveliged and the troubled youth. I would appreciate learning more about your work in New York.
Quick Reply
Cancel
9 years ago  ::  Jul 01, 2008 - 8:06AM #9
pastorlsm
Hi, I thought that I better introduce myself as I have already posted a response to a post that was logged last year. I am Pastor Lawrence Lamont of LifeSpring Ministries in Wellsford, New Zealand.(UPCINZ) I have only recently set up LifeSpring Ministries Fellowship, and I am in the process of setting up a drop in and counselling centre dedicated to underpriveliged and the troubled youth. I would appreciate learning more about your work in New York.
Quick Reply
Cancel
9 years ago  ::  Jan 19, 2009 - 6:12PM #10
T100
Hi there, folks.
I'm new here and our location is British Columbia, Canada.
We have not attended church for a long time. We find it difficult to find the "right" church.
Most churches seems to be social groups where baking cookies and other events are at the top of the activity list. We also find people in churches unrespectfull, I always thought of church as "holy ground", where people worship Christ. Anyhow, I can tell a lot more about it, but will not waste to much time on it. You got the picture. :-)
Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 1 of 2  •  1 2 Next

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook