7 years ago  ::  Oct 09, 2007 - 11:37AM #1
Beliefnetsabee
Welcome! Please tell us about yourself.
I always remember that for every word typed there is a real person sitting behind the keyboard.
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Oct 17, 2007 - 1:30AM #2
PXSeeker
Hi, John here. I've been posting on and off for over five or six years now.  The Lutheran boards have been some of the most polite and insightful ones on Bnet.  I hope we will continue the tradition here.

Peace,
John
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Oct 17, 2007 - 9:50PM #3
DonTheNorski
I'm Don from Orygun.  Adjectives that could describe me include choral musician, dad, brother, son, civil servant, and child of God.  Love to cook, whether soups and stews or barbeque over the coals with th appropriate smoke added for flavor.  Leisure time includes venturing around the NW in my pop-up tent trailer.  I can be found on the Thrivent LoL board as well, as I love to express my thoughts when either in great agreement, or not so much in agreement.  :)
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Oct 17, 2007 - 10:36PM #4
longtimelutheran
I'm a longtime Lutheran from the Midwest -- Illinois to be particular -- 'though I spent my early life in the metro NY area with a few years in Virginia thrown in.  I like to read what others have to say, but don't post a lot myself (not sure why).  I have enjoyed the former Lutheran Board and hope this one will equal or better that one.
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Oct 17, 2007 - 10:36PM #5
longtimelutheran
I'm a longtime Lutheran from the Midwest -- Illinois to be particular -- 'though I spent my early life in the metro NY area with a few years in Virginia thrown in.  I like to read what others have to say, but don't post a lot myself (not sure why).  I have enjoyed the former Lutheran Board and hope this one will equal or better that one.
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Oct 27, 2007 - 5:52PM #6
benotafraid
Life long Lutheran here from the midwest. Our congregation is now using the new ELW hymnal and enjoying learning new settings. As for myself, I chair the Worship and Music committee. I also serve as an assistant to the minister along with five others. Our former pastor was a woman and we are nearing the end of our call process. We have had an interim pastor since January.  We are calling a male pastor this time as his gifts suit our congregation.  Our congregation is very musical and has many talented musicans for such a small church. Our church also has a strong outreach mission.
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Oct 27, 2007 - 5:52PM #7
benotafraid
Life long Lutheran here from the midwest. Our congregation is now using the new ELW hymnal and enjoying learning new settings. As for myself, I chair the Worship and Music committee. I also serve as an assistant to the minister along with five others. Our former pastor was a woman and we are nearing the end of our call process. We have had an interim pastor since January.  We are calling a male pastor this time as his gifts suit our congregation.  Our congregation is very musical and has many talented musicans for such a small church. Our church also has a strong outreach mission.
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Oct 28, 2007 - 3:44AM #8
ConfessioAugustana
Benotafraid,
Welcome ! You will meet many wonderful people on the Lutheran board.
CA
Quick Reply
Cancel

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook