7 years ago  ::  Oct 09, 2007 - 10:59AM #1
Beliefnetsabee
Welcome! Please tell us about yourself.
I always remember that for every word typed there is a real person sitting behind the keyboard.
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Jan 12, 2008 - 5:54PM #2
smc93
Hi Peter,

Though I'm not a Nazarene, I have family who are and I may say a bit about who they are.

The Church of the Nazarene is celebrating their 100th anniversary this year!!!  :-)  They trace their roots to the Wesleyan movement, from John and Charles Wesley, Church of England clergy who desired renewal within the Church and reform of British society of their day (1720-90).

Because Nazarenes are very concerned to be absolutely faithful to God in Christ (they have a doctrine entitled 'entire sanctification'), they are Christians in a true sense... just like all other Christians who are concerned to be faithful to God.  :-)  Nazarenes value the Bible highly, yes.  :-)

Hopefully, someone who is Nazarene will contribute to this discussion as well.  God bless,  s
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Jan 12, 2008 - 5:54PM #3
smc93
Hi Peter,

Though I'm not a Nazarene, I have family who are and I may say a bit about who they are.

The Church of the Nazarene is celebrating their 100th anniversary this year!!!  :-)  They trace their roots to the Wesleyan movement, from John and Charles Wesley, Church of England clergy who desired renewal within the Church and reform of British society of their day (1720-90).

Because Nazarenes are very concerned to be absolutely faithful to God in Christ (they have a doctrine entitled 'entire sanctification'), they are Christians in a true sense... just like all other Christians who are concerned to be faithful to God.  :-)  Nazarenes value the Bible highly, yes.  :-)

Hopefully, someone who is Nazarene will contribute to this discussion as well.  God bless,  s
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Jan 13, 2008 - 9:15PM #4
mysterio
[QUOTE=peter d roman;208668]hi- what is this church about- i mean is it a bible church or a True Church?

>o[/QUOTE]

I'm not sure what you mean, but if you go to nazarene.org, you can find out all about us.
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Dec 31, 2008 - 3:46PM #5
ChristianTeacher22
Hello all! My name is Lauren, and I am a fairly new member. I joined Beliefnet to learn more about my faith (as well as a few others), surround myself with a stronger spiritual influence, and to meet some fellow Nazarenes! It's good to be here! If you want to know anything else, please feel free to ask! God bless!
Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Mar 20, 2009 - 9:06PM #6
Revjanetjacobsen2001

Blessings and greetings to all, it seems no one has posted here for a while? Well, I am not totally an Essene, but I am studying their ways. I am a Gnostic Priestess, and have been one for a while. I left the Gnostic church I was with due to politics which I felt were not for me. I am now an inner faith minister. I like studying religions. I am a vegan and have been meditating for over 40 years. I hope to meet people of like mind. Peace Rev. Jan

Quick Reply
Cancel

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook