Important Announcement

See here for an important message regarding the community which has become a read-only site as of October 31.

Page 1 of 3  •  1 2 3 Next
2 years ago  ::  Oct 17, 2015 - 3:38AM #1
allan444

Lambs Book of Life

Nothing impure will ever enter it, nor will anyone who does what is shameful or deceitful, but only those whose names are written in the Lamb's book of life.  (rev21:27)

Apparently there  is something called the “ Lamb’s book of life” and apparently  the people listed in the  book had already been judged before judgement day hence they made it into the book and will live eternally in heaven.

All inhabitants of the earth will worship the beast—all whose names have not been written in the Lamb’s book of life, the Lamb who was slain from the creation of the world. (rev 13:8) 

My topic  is who makes it into the lambs book of life and when  and how do you think  that  determination was made ( ie when were those names first written into the book)  

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Oct 17, 2015 - 3:55AM #2
Keyfer

Oct 17, 2015 -- 3:38AM, allan444 wrote:

Lambs Book of Life

Nothing impure will ever enter it, nor will anyone who does what is shameful or deceitful, but only those whose names are written in the Lamb's book of life.  (rev21:27)

Apparently there  is something called the “ Lamb’s book of life” and apparently  the people listed in the  book had already been judged before judgement day hence they made it into the book and will live eternally in heaven.

All inhabitants of the earth will worship the beast—all whose names have not been written in the Lamb’s book of life, the Lamb who was slain from the creation of the world. (rev 13:8) 

My topic  is who makes it into the lambs book of life and when  and how do you think  that  determination was made ( ie when were those names first written into the book)  

Its a good question.

I’m satisfied that God is omniscient, that God knows everything from beginning to end, every choice that everyone will ever make. From God’s perspective, we could say that everything has already happened, everyone has been judged. At the same time, God is omnipotent. God has established that everyone will freely choose between good and evil, thus choosing their own fate. I believe that everyone is given ample opportunity to eventually make informed choices about good and evil before they reach their final and eternal destination. 

This is God’s Creation and God controls it (God is sovereign) with laws that He has established. From our perspective, things progress one moment at a time, one thing leads to another but things can look chaotic. However, from God’s perspective things do not look chaotic, things are unfolding as they should according to His established laws which promote goodness and truth, oppose evil and falsity and cause a separation of the two. If I choose to obey God’s laws, His commands and teachings, I will be led to heaven by my choices. OTOH, if I choose evil and falsity, I will be led to hell. The choice is always mine.

I believe that God is good and can be trusted. It may appear that He promotes some people and opposes others but I believe that the truth is that God promotes good/truth and opposes evil/falsity and each person is carried along by choosing one or the other. God is for everyone and against no one. We have His Word and we have a conscience, we have civil laws and we can see, to a degree, the consequences of good choices and those of evil choices and we are free to choose.

All I can say is that this is how it looks from my perspective. So, to answer your question, “who makes it into the lambs book of life and when  and how do you think  that  determination was made ( ie when were those names first written into the book), I’d say that those who choose to obey God by persistently shunning evil and doing good make it into the book. From God’s perspective, it has already happened but from ours, it is happening.

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Oct 17, 2015 - 6:39AM #3

Lambs Book of Life

Romans 9:6But it is not as though the word of God has failed. For not all who are descended from Israel belong to Israel, 7and not all are children of Abraham because they are his offspring, but “Through Isaac shall your offspring be named.” 8This means that it is not the children of the flesh who are the children of God, but the children of the promise are counted as offspring.9For this is what the promise said: “About this time next year I will return, and Sarah shall have a son.” 10And not only so, but also when Rebekah had conceived children by one man, our forefather Isaac, 11though they were not yet born and had done nothing either good or bad—in order that God’s purpose of election might continue, not because of works but because of him who calls— 12she was told, “The older will serve the younger.” 13As it is written, “Jacob I loved, but Esau I hated.”

Verse 11...though they were not yet born and had done nothing either good or bad.  They were chosen or not chosen before they were even born.  Before they did good or bad.  

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Oct 17, 2015 - 6:41AM #4

Oct 17, 2015 -- 3:55AM, Keyfer wrote:

Lambs Book of Life

Its a good question.

I’m satisfied that God is omniscient, that God knows everything from beginning to end, every choice that everyone will ever make. From God’s perspective, we could say that everything has already happened, everyone has been judged. At the same time, God is omnipotent. God has established that everyone will freely choose between good and evil, thus choosing their own fate. I believe that everyone is given ample opportunity to eventually make informed choices about good and evil before they reach their final and eternal destination. 

This is God’s Creation and God controls it (God is sovereign) with laws that He has established. From our perspective, things progress one moment at a time, one thing leads to another but things can look chaotic. However, from God’s perspective things do not look chaotic, things are unfolding as they should according to His established laws which promote goodness and truth, oppose evil and falsity and cause a separation of the two. If I choose to obey God’s laws, His commands and teachings, I will be led to heaven by my choices. OTOH, if I choose evil and falsity, I will be led to hell. The choice is always mine.

I believe that God is good and can be trusted. It may appear that He promotes some people and opposes others but I believe that the truth is that God promotes good/truth and opposes evil/falsity and each person is carried along by choosing one or the other. God is for everyone and against no one. We have His Word and we have a conscience, we have civil laws and we can see, to a degree, the consequences of good choices and those of evil choices and we are free to choose.

All I can say is that this is how it looks from my perspective. So, to answer your question, “who makes it into the lambs book of life and when  and how do you think  that  determination was made ( ie when were those names first written into the book), I’d say that those who choose to obey God by persistently shunning evil and doing good make it into the book. From God’s perspective, it has already happened but from ours, it is happening.

That may be the "sound good gospel" ...but in light of Romans 9 (see post below) does what you wrote...feel...still hold water?

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Oct 17, 2015 - 7:22AM #5
Keyfer

57:

That may be the "sound good gospel" ...but in light of Romans 9 (see post below) does what you wrote...feel...still hold water?

Keyfer:

I’d say that you need to come up with a different interpretation of the passage from Romans to avoid conflict with the law of sowing and reaping. I don’t see a conflict between what I posted and the Romans passage. 

IMO, you are too willing to discard scripture which opposes your doctrine.

Be not deceived; God is not mocked: for whatsoever a man soweth, that shall he also reap.

(Galatians 6:7 ASV)

For the Son of man shall come in the glory of his Father with his angels; and then shall he render unto every man according to his deeds.

(Matthew 16:27-28 ASV)

However, each of us must decide for our self what to believe and how to live.

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Oct 17, 2015 - 11:13AM #6

Oct 17, 2015 -- 7:22AM, Keyfer wrote:

57:

Keyfer:

I’d say that you need to come up with a different interpretation of the passage from Romans to avoid conflict with the law of sowing and reaping. I don’t see a conflict between what I posted and the Romans passage. 

IMO, you are too willing to discard scripture which opposes your doctrine.

Be not deceived; God is not mocked: for whatsoever a man soweth, that shall he also reap.

(Galatians 6:7 ASV)

For the Son of man shall come in the glory of his Father with his angels; and then shall he render unto every man according to his deeds.

(Matthew 16:27-28 ASV)

However, each of us must decide for our self what to believe and how to live.

Scripture doesn't oppose my doctrine.  

There are two, different, separate, at different times, at different locations, for different reasons...judgements. 

Moderated by Mlyons619 on Oct 18, 2015 - 11:22AM
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Oct 17, 2015 - 5:07PM #7
ebeneezer169

Lambs Book of Life

It is interesting that the lamb was slain from the creation of the world, notice it means he died during the creation of the world. See it does not refernece Jesus who died on the cross a lot later.

Has something to do with what Jesus says about the Devil actually, I feel anyway

8.44 He was a murderer from the beginning, not holding to the truth, for there is no truth in him.

Could be sceen that the Devil killed the truth right at the begining, then God brought the truth back.

If you notice in Revelations and Daniel it says Books are opened. It is clear the lamb has a book, weather he is simply the guardian of the book or he gets to write in names himself is not actually clear.

But there are books.

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Oct 17, 2015 - 6:00PM #8
Rgurley4

The "Lamb's book of Life" is the Body of Christ, the collective saved believers whose names are indelibly written by Jesus at the time of their salvation. SEE: 1 Cor 12:13. Only the works of believers will be judged on the "bema seat" of Christ by Him.

and nothing unclean, and no one who practices abomination and lying, shall ever come into it, (Newheavens+earth+jerusalem)ut only those whose names are written in the Lamb’s book of life.
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Oct 18, 2015 - 3:50AM #9
allan444

It appears that good behavior is not sufficient to  purify one enough to have one’s name  written in the Lambs book of life

who worship in the Spirit of God and glory in Christ Jesus and put no confidence in the flesh, Philippians 3:3

You need to be washed with blood/pure water/

But you were washed, you were sanctified, you were justified in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ and by the Spirit of our God. I Corinthians 6:11

Therefore, brothers, since we have confidence to enter the holy places by the blood of Jesus Hebrews 10:19

let us draw near to God with a sincere heart and with the full assurance that faith brings, having our hearts sprinkled to cleanse us from a guilty conscience and having our bodies washed with pure water.  Hebrews 10:22

who have been chosen according to the foreknowledge of God the Father, through the sanctifying work of the Spirit, to be obedient to Jesus Christ and sprinkled with his blood I Peter 1:2:

He saved us, not on the basis of deeds which we have done in righteousness, but according to His mercy, by the washing of regeneration and renewing by the Holy Spirit, whom He poured out upon us richly through Jesus Christ our Savior, so that being justified by His grace we would be made heirs according to the hope of eternal life.  Titus 4:5-7

John  tells us that you can know that your names are written in the Lambs book of life

13 I write these things to you who believe in the name of the Son of God so that you may know that you have eternal life  I John 1 :5:13

Now I know why the Gospel is called the Good News.

Its good News to know that your name is written in the "Lambs book of life"

“For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him shall not perish, but have eternal life.    John 3:16

Amazing Grace, how sweet the sound,
That saved a wretch like me....
I once was lost but now am found,
Was blind, but now, I see.
John Newton (1725-1807
)

Jesus said to her, "I am the resurrection and the life; he who believes in Me will live even if he dies, and everyone who lives and believes in Me will never die.
Do you believe this?"…

According to Jesus , Martha's name  is written in the Lambs book of life beause she answered yes to the question

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Oct 18, 2015 - 11:52AM #10
ebeneezer169

It appears that people found to written in the lambs book of life will survive the Judgement, it also appears those that follow Jesus and pass from death to life will not be judged at all.

It appears there are other books also and who holds them is not clear.

Assuming it is certain people written in the books for certain acts they did, maybe some are written into the Books on the day of judgement, if they pass the judgement they are added to the books and if they do not they are not added.

It appears there are a few ways to be saved from Hell.

Still Following Jesus and seeking the narrow gate seems to be the safest option.

Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 1 of 3  •  1 2 3 Next

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook