Page 1 of 3  •  1 2 3 Next
Switch to Forum Live View Dont fear the reaper -The conservative Christian man in sin????????????????
1 year ago  ::  Apr 09, 2013 - 1:20PM #1
rideronthastorm

Ive had several conservative Christian men approach me contact me etc one of them that I spent time with 3 times in somes folks eye I sinned with him;

But some of these conservative Evangelical Christian men tend to  stereotype Polyamourous women as being s^uts who sleep around and have some around me trying to get me in bed. Like i said I did spend time 3 nights with one man who was seperated from his wife.

I felt like it was ok at first but then went back rethought the situation wondering if it coud be just as dangerous as sinning with a  married man and got out of it.

But Im just curious.   Ive got a few questions on this. im frankly about ready to take down my singles groups from  Meetup.com and it does have my polyamourous statement on my profile.

But with some conservative Christian men reaching out to someone whos leading a lifestyle Im pretty sure theyre church wouldnt approve of .Are they actually wanting to experiment with a different lfestle or just looking for an easy way to sin?

Either way is this not some kind of an escape from the ordinary for them? Is it an escape as in like a freak out or having middle age crisis????????//  

My other question and the reason why i used the Dont fear the reaper for my thread i how many of these men are safe?

i mean psychologically speaking Ive heard stuff about serial killers even the Craigslist killer was supposedly pretty conservative in real life.  When they lead 2 lives a double life and hide something about their sex life to the church.

Its like i wonder how many of these so called conservative Christian men are trully serial killers?

Im pretty sure the psychiatrist talking about the Craigslist killer on tv on the ID station said that she was talking about conservative men who have a hidden secret sex life she said thats what makes them dangeous.

The CL killer was secretly a Gay man who was also a submissive he was into kink but outwardly a medical student who was engaged to be maried.

The psychiatrist said that because he led a double life thats what made hin dangerous thats why I stepped back and rethought my last guyfriend trully is he a safe person?

If these conservative men are looking to secretly freak out Im just wondering if theyre church is there for them can they turn to the conservative Evangelical church for help if they need it?

Its just odd because i felt my other guyfriend I broke up with was reaching out to me and fixing his problems through me with sex.

I mean if these men are trully reaching out a different sexual lifestyle secretly hiding it and having some kind of  afreak out thinking sex will fix it. Im concerned I just wondering if the Evangelical church is there for them??

Quick Reply
Cancel
1 year ago  ::  Apr 09, 2013 - 7:20PM #2
Gacogal

rider,

Just keep in mind that Scripture tells us we will know them by their fruit. Don't let self-identification or labels get in the way of an honest, sincere relationship, nor lead you into a relationship based on deception. Take your time and see the real man. And remember, some people are really, really good at painting a pretty picture with disappearing paint. If it looks like a duck, sounds like a duck, walks like a duck, it's probably a duck! :-)

Above all else, guard your heart, for everything you do flows from it. (Proverbs 4:23)
What you say flows from what is in your heart. (Luke 6:45b)
Quick Reply
Cancel
1 year ago  ::  Apr 09, 2013 - 9:21PM #3
Rgurley4
Fornication and sexual immorality separate you from God.
Quick Reply
Cancel
1 year ago  ::  Apr 12, 2013 - 10:32PM #4
Beautiful_Dreamer

Rider, I think that the men who approach you (or who would approach women that way) are trying to feed some sort of desire they have that they feel they have to 'keep under wraps'.  They might see women outside of their normal circles as a way to get whatever need met without word getting out. They may rant against these types of sins when other people are around, but deep down they know that they're every bit as guilty as the people they point fingers at. The ranting is a great way to keep up the 'face' they show to everyone else. The lady doth protest too much...or, in this case, the ultra-conservative old man! They might not actively realize they're doing this, but there you have it.

(tangent)

I like the song you're referring to! Have you ever seen this?

vimeo.com/39387904

More cowbell!

:)

More where that came from...

Writing I get paid to do

Beliefnet Community Host - Christian Faith and Life, Christian to Christian Debate
Quick Reply
Cancel
1 year ago  ::  Apr 12, 2013 - 11:08PM #5
MattMbelieves

I think the question asked is really broader then that?   How many of us aspire to do as Jesus commanded, wish we could but still struggle with a certain sin?   Sexual sin is a tough one for men.  Sex is thrown in our faces 24/7 by advertising and TV and pretty much every where.  I think RGurley makes a great point...  sexual immorality separates us from God.  Also it has consequences.  Worldly consequences.  According to the Center of Disease Control there were 110 million reported STDs last year.  The U.S. has a population of 345 million.  In a country that calls itself mostly Christian over 1/4th of its citizens are walking around with sexual transmitted diseases.  A lot of it are diseases like Trimochonis which isn't deadly but in women can lead to certain cancers.

Quick Reply
Cancel
1 year ago  ::  Apr 13, 2013 - 12:09AM #6
rideronthastorm

I have read that when it comes to herpes actually the figures are about 60 percent of Americans.

Its  a sin for you apparently. Im a Liberal christian and I dont feel like premarital sex is a sin.On the other hand Im not proud of the fact that I allowed myself to be with a seperated man.

You know he was just so so weak and sad and his wife had just left him and he came across like he was going to die if he didnt have someone spending the night with him.

For men seperation is a tough hard position to be in. But what makes it trippley different for him and for you guys who are conservative rather then liberal is;

That according to sychologists if a man is in the closet or a woman  with their sexual behavior living 2 different lives,theyre more likely to be dangerous .

i seriously doubt he was a serial killer but I wouldnt be suprised if he turned out abusive.

Hes a Southern Baptist just dropped out of the church when his wife left him because his familys in his church.  He admits he hides the fact that hes with me to his family .

His church friends come over to spend time I have no idea why its typing italics sorry but they dont know about me he lives 2 differnt lives, a double life.

Thats exactly what they said about the Craigslist Killer and that he was openly conservative like this guy was. So yea its scary.

Frankly i dont want someone whos living a double life as you said they could have a desease theyre hidng if theyre hiding their relationship with me I wonder what else theyre hiding.

Its scary but Id like to hope just hope that the church for conservatives for you guys are there that you could go to the church and say hey im having a hard time here.

Its  like my other guyfriend says he cant go too his church because his familys there but thats just sad .I hope trully hope he has some friends he can turn too i know it must be rough trully it is.

Id like to hope that these men dont treat these women cheaply but I just dont know, if they think of them as a double life that has to be hidden are they treating them like trash?

I didnt feel like my guyfriend did at first but after I mentioned having a bible study with him to replace his churches bible study at first he said yes; then he took it back and said no; I dont want to give you the idea that were in a relationship. 

I understand that i understand its just sex and its nothing but sex . But too me if your gonna have sex with me you ought to be able to share your Christain faith with me if you cant it sounds like your hiding me from your God and I dont appreciate that so.

Anyways Ill write more  later thanks for your response I apreciate all responses be it liberal or consevative viewpoint.

Quick Reply
Cancel
1 year ago  ::  Apr 13, 2013 - 6:17AM #7
Beautiful_Dreamer
I have to wonder if there really *is* such a thing as 'just sex'.  Maybe my being a woman is part of it, but IMO when you (generic 'you') are having sex you are sharing something intimate, opening yourself to a kind of vulnerability that would imply a level of trust that you don't have with just *anyone*. Then again, I'm the person who couldn't so much as *kiss* somebody without 'feelings' involved, so that could just be me. I'm a 'late bloomer', so to speak.
More where that came from...

Writing I get paid to do

Beliefnet Community Host - Christian Faith and Life, Christian to Christian Debate
Quick Reply
Cancel
1 year ago  ::  Apr 13, 2013 - 11:23AM #8
rideronthastorm

I think women are more emotionally driven and we tend to get attached more to a man then the man does with us; With them maybe its more like just sex and no matter how tough I try to sound Im sure that theres a part of my subconscious that was somewhat attached to that man.

Quick Reply
Cancel
1 year ago  ::  Apr 13, 2013 - 12:43PM #9
MattMbelieves

If a guy really likes a woman he will wait for sex.   At least most guys.   If they aren't then they aren't following our Lord.   But I think woman are to blame too.  It takes 2 to tango.  The divorce rate and children born out of wedlock is an issue both genders have created.  

Quick Reply
Cancel
1 year ago  ::  Apr 13, 2013 - 5:14PM #10
rideronthastorm

Do I  belive I was rsponsible for choosing to have sex with him? You bet your bottom dollar I am I am no victem in this.As a liberal christian i also believe that christian women enjoy sex just as much as men and we seduce men as much as they do us although he made the first move it doesnt matter I chose to though.

But he didnt tell me how conservative he was till I had been with him a  couple of times and he was telling me all about his gun obsession and his job and his family his church and we listened to conservative talk radio on guns the right to own LOL! I had no idea he was that conservative of a Christian.

I shocked myself by liking him he took me by surprise.

I havnt been too too fair to conservtive Christian men in the past because I as a Liberal woman had some anger built up from the past and I always told myself I didnt like conservtaive men.

So on some weird level I think it was good for me to spend time with hm Its kind of Like God was telling me maybe its time to forgive and forget about the past and I realized how human  that conservative men are .I realized how needy and weak and human and how much alike they are with liberals LOL!So thats a good thinng thats the way i look at it.

I was also interested in starting a new thread in politics but not sure where it would go or if it would go over well but I wanted to start a thread about conservatives and liberals who have long term relationships or married and see if anyone was interested in talking about that.

Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 1 of 3  •  1 2 3 Next

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook