Switch to Forum Live View The person and manifestation of The Holy Ghost
2 years ago  ::  Apr 08, 2013 - 8:49PM #1
rideronthastorm
Was the dove on Jesus shoulder the Holy Ghost?When Pentecost came and the Hoy Ghost sat on tongues as a fire is it suppose to hit all of us that way;OR are we suppose to be filled with the Holy Ghost? If so whats the manifestation?
 Is it 
speaking in tongues if so are all believers suppose to be infilled with the spirit and speak in tongues? Should all churches have tongue talking their church?What about all the other gifts of the spirit should they be practiced in the church? What if its fake how can you tell its real?

the Day Of penteost waht does it mean who is the Holy Spirit the person of the Holy Spirit if its the 3rd person of the Trinity is it required to be filled with the Holy Ghost for the believer but if the Trinitys real houldnt we all beleive that eevryone who accepts jesus is filled autimatically?

What the difference between the Holy Ghost of the Trinity and the infilling of the Holy Ghost  is it not a different person when your being filled then that of a Triune God? 

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Apr 09, 2013 - 3:31PM #2
Jenandew7

Apr 8, 2013 -- 8:49PM, rideronthastorm wrote:

Was the dove on Jesus shoulder the Holy Ghost?When Pentecost came and the Hoy Ghost sat on tongues as a fire is it suppose to hit all of us that way;OR are we suppose to be filled with the Holy Ghost? If so whats the manifestation?
 Is it 
speaking in tongues if so are all believers suppose to be infilled with the spirit and speak in tongues? Should all churches have tongue talking their church?What about all the other gifts of the spirit should they be practiced in the church? What if its fake how can you tell its real?

the Day Of penteost waht does it mean who is the Holy Spirit the person of the Holy Spirit if its the 3rd person of the Trinity is it required to be filled with the Holy Ghost for the believer but if the Trinitys real houldnt we all beleive that eevryone who accepts jesus is filled autimatically?

What the difference between the Holy Ghost of the Trinity and the infilling of the Holy Ghost  is it not a different person when your being filled then that of a Triune God? 

The Holy Spirit decended like a dove or it appeared to be like a dove, iirc.  Very often in worldwide religions, spirit is likened to birds. 

Tongues are by no means the only gift of the Spirit.  I see that other gifts are encouraged and Paul specifically tells people to strive for the gift of prophecy.  He goes into detail about how we all have a role to play and each serves a different purpose and he compares this to parts of the human body, such as hands.  So, no, there should be no expectations of any particular gift.  And I see Paul's list varies from Romans to 1 Corinthians and so I don't expect that it is necessarily a complete listing.  I've had larger gifts, such as intercession and lesser gifts such as emotional strength to deal with the stresses of being a caregiver.  Paul's passage in 1 Cor 12 is examples of gifts for the upbuilding of the church. 

The test of Spirits is in 1 John.  Read all of 1 John.  I think people make the mistake of stopping where he says, "This is the test," but it is only one and he goes on to enumerate more.  The main test I see is loving--every child of God loves.  The thing about judging whether or not a spirit says that Jesus came in the flesh was against heresies and apparently the Johanine community had some leave the group that were preaching this. 

Note that those whose faith is mature enough will not go around boastfully showing off.  So the gifts of God expressed correctly are never a matter of showing off and heaven forbid(!) a matter of pride which is a sin.  If you do recognize that someone expresses a gift of the Spirit, then it will be a fairly unusual experience for you.  This is my biggest argument about those who are striving for or faking tongues.  I see it as an act of showing off and gifts are just not going to happen for someone who is in not the "right place" spiritually.   

If you pour yourself out for the hungry and satisfy the desire of the afflicted, then shall your light rise in the darkness and your gloom be as the noonday. --Isaiah 58:10
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Apr 09, 2013 - 9:30PM #3
Rgurley4
If one looks for the SPIRITUAL PERSON of God the Holy Spirit in the Bible, He will reveal Himself to you. Look for his role and function in the Tri-Une God.
Quick Reply
Cancel

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook